Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I haven't watched it in a long time but "feels" is probably the last thing I'd expect from South Park. Or have Matt and Trey grown soft in their senior years?

Every now and then they have a little one, but its more just to set you up for a punchline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

drat that’s sweet. Just a mixed day/date away from being dead on. Black/olive just always works.

Also, nice Sub :stare: is that another Rolex hiding in the back as well?

Thanks man. And yeah dumb watches just are so much more interesting than a billion amorphous tech blobs I see all the time. It’s silly but it makes me happy :shrug:

I was really chuffed because I know it took a lot of time and effort for my brother to make it, he had it looked at by a watch maker when he'd finished the build to check it's timing and the fit and finish etc, the guy who owned the store told him if he ever wanted a job or an apprenticeship to give him a call basically gave it a wipe over with some polish and gave him a free gift box for a job well done.

From top left

Vostok tank commander
Seiko GMT
G shock
G shock
G shock
I cant remember the brand or make, it's a micro brand - I won it in a raffle and have never worn it because it's gently caress ugly but its kind of a cool piece in person.
There's an Avi8 harrier just out of frame
Avi8 hawker hurricane - has the same leather on the strap as they used in the planes and the dials match the dials on the originals
Citizen Eco Drive
Swordfish
Steel Dive turtle clone I got as a groomsmen present
Another g shock
another g shock
Sog Seiko
Rolex no date ceramic sub

There's also like 3 others that don't fit, in a drawer. Mind you, this is like a 15 year collection and the sub took a lot of wheeling, dealing and selling of investments, freelance work, over time work, not having a holiday in three years etc etc. I know people think they're a waste but I'd rather that than upgrading my car kind of thing. Plus I don't mind having an investment I can sell it in a pinch or use for barter if its life and death.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 5, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
From the Schadenfreude thread

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I tweaked my back a bit getting up earlier and in response to telling a friend that he linked me a 50 year old guy doing this:

https://twitter.com/wokenremastered/status/1776120304051638382

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I tweaked my back a bit getting up earlier and in response to telling a friend that he linked me a 50 year old guy doing this:

Over the winter my back was hosed up for like a week. It happened because I bent over to brush my teeth. Entering your 40s is some bullshit man

(To be fair it was a cold snap like -15 all weekend so I had been hunkered down even more sedentary than usual. But still, what the hell, body)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

Gimme access to his "supplements" and I bet my poo poo wouldn't hurt that much either.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
South Park seems like the extremely wrong show to look for feels episodes in

Simpsons also had Lisa's Substitute and the one where Bleeding Gums dies

And yeah Homer sitting on his car for hours staring at the sky after his mom leaves gets you right in the feels

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It begins... Salt+pepper then dredged each chop in a flour and Chinese Five Spice mix

First batch is actually in the oven and this is the second and third batch. I undercooked the first two porkchops whoops.

A sexy close up. Vegetarians, avert your eyes!

Bandit, my sous chef...he looks sad because he knows he isn't getting any people food

Meat pile

The Mother Of All Pork Chops needs to finish in the oven. Seriously massive motherfucker.

I never really fry stuff so this was an interesting adventure. Feel like I learned a lot.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im so gd excited for this

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is funny in an incredibly dark way.

https://twitter.com/ritaresarian/status/1776274023023878360?t=2NiZKCUoMIegQyueqUaX6w&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

drat, you've been putting some serious work into the yard. Keep it up!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Do you have equipment or is this all by hand? If the latter, how the hell do you do it???

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

you’ve got a lovely collection. That Seiko GMT bezel looked very Rolex GMT in the pic but it wouldn’t make sense to bury it in the back.

Highlights are the custom Seiko, which megarules and the Vostok.

I also have a Gshock affliction with three squares and a balls-tough Mudmaster I bought off a buddy after a contract fire department stint in Mosul, but my blue and orange (GoGata) square gets the majority of the wrist time out of those.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Last Action Hero was a good movie

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Intruder posted:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

you’ve got a lovely collection. That Seiko GMT bezel looked very Rolex GMT in the pic but it wouldn’t make sense to bury it in the back.

Highlights are the custom Seiko, which megarules and the Vostok.

I also have a Gshock affliction with three squares and a balls-tough Mudmaster I bought off a buddy after a contract fire department stint in Mosul, but my blue and orange (GoGata) square gets the majority of the wrist time out of those.

Thanks man, appreciate it. There's a watch maker in brisbane that makes seikos to look like a few rolex subs and GMTs and I think that's where it came from (again - was a birthday present) but it does look a lot like a batman/batgirl GMT, even fooled my uncle who's got several rolexes at a few metres away but I just like the way it looks in the light and its indestructible, has good weight and I don't mind as much if I bang it on a door handle or something compared to my sub where I cringe.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Intruder posted:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

OK, I'm trying this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Do you have equipment or is this all by hand? If the latter, how the hell do you do it???

I don’t have kids.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

I don’t have kids.

Neither do I, but instead of doing anything useful I'm looking at a teardown of someone trying to go viral over claiming the Pittsburgh Renegade Dog isn't poo poo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I always like digging poo poo and building poo poo. One of things where the fruits of your labour are immediately evident

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Apparently we are going to have wind gusts up to 100 mph in my area this weekend. What the actual gently caress, that’s like mid level hurricane poo poo

My 7 year old has a flag football game tomorrow, that could get spicy

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

OK, I'm trying this

You're in for a fantastic time

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I don’t have kids.

Me either but I'm still usually too exhausted / don't have time to even just dig up the old pavers around my grapefruit tree

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Apparently we are going to have wind gusts up to 100 mph in my area this weekend. What the actual gently caress, that’s like mid level hurricane poo poo

swap out one of his flags for a mini parachute

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sharow has decided that shower time is now a group activity and she now hides inbetween the curtains whenever it gets turned on.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

OK, I'm trying this

Let's loving go.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

Some of us were there for both. I watched Fleabag for Hot Priest too.

It’ll pass.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Docjowles posted:

Hope it goes to OT, take the wind with the coin toss. Hit 80 yard FG to win game.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Canned Sunshine posted:

I had mine a year ago and now have the post-vasectomy pain issue. Sucks but oh well.

What is the post-vasec pain issue?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

It was such a fascinating end cap of the 80's action films in that as soon as it skewered all the sacred lambs in that genre it took until The Matrix to change things up.

Meanwhile a late day at work meant I just spent :20bux: at McDonald's instead of making something healthier at home.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Caught up on Shogun, man I couldn’t place who Toranagas brother looked like, then my goon face blindness kicked in. He’s looks like Japanese Wee-Bey to me

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Sharow has decided that shower time is now a group activity and she now hides inbetween the curtains whenever it gets turned on.

Pet the kitty

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh The Simpsons episode where Grandpa has a girlfriend who dies is on and that's a really early episode that hits me in the feels when the end comes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Awwww good kitty

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Kalli posted:

Oh she's adorable. My tuxie and fuzzy grey will also park themselves between the curtains during showers. In the case of Luna, she actually has jumped in a couple of times. Both also love sitting in the sink when the water is running, not to drink but just to sit. Love those little weirdos since my other two cats are very much not interested in water.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What is the post-vasec pain issue?

I started to type up a response, but mine wouldn't be very good, so here's Mayo's definition/description of it:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-vasectomy-pain-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20527047

Personally, I think mine is due to the "back pressure" issue, but I honestly need to make an appointment with the urologist who performed mine to talk with him about it. I just passed the one-year mark, and want to get a one-year follow up test anyway.

FWIW, I went the first several months basically pain free, but also having issues with getting a "passing" (zero sperm) test; I really wanted the traditional two good tests in a row, but my testing history went: 1st test=sperm, 2nd test=no sperm, 3rd test=sperm, 4th test=no sperm. The 3rd test, the lab misplaced my test for like a week, then "found" it, so I've always been a bit suspicious of whether they just made it positive to make me re-test; the 4th test was collected at a testing facility so there wasn't any transit time/etc, since I had dropped the others off.

Anyway, it was actually around the time of my 4th test that I started having pain (about 6 months post-procedure), and it's generally continued since.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sorry to hear, that sounds really lovely. Chronic pain is a nightmare

My friend had an issue where his scrotum swole to like, grapefruit size* after the procedure. But it eventually went away with rest and a lot of ice. I know this because he trots out the story every goddam time he gets drunk

*in b4 "mine's just that big naturally :smuggo:"

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

That post snip chronicle pain seems awful, I’m sorry 😞

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh The Simpsons episode where Grandpa has a girlfriend who dies is on and that's a really early episode that hits me in the feels when the end comes.

the Simpsons got all their emotional episodes out of the way in season 2