Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

"How do you dynamically recalculate weights in a useful way" is basically just saying make it an AI. LLMs are not, and will not, be true GAI.

I'm GAI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

"How do you dynamically recalculate weights in a useful way" is basically just saying make it an AI. LLMs are not, and will not, be true GAI.

do you want to make number go down

because this is how you make number go down

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

bedpan posted:

it is canonical that john halo's suit sucks him off

Well, sort of. The mjolnir armor system is so powerful only an advanced artificial intelligence can accuratrly control the suction and pressure to maintain arousal in combat, but

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

dr_rat posted:

Lets start shipping this tomorrow!

Edit: Wait we need to be realistic about this. Tomorrows a saturday, ship it on monday.

you clearly do not have the entrepeneurial spirit. you mean "tomorrow's a saturday, ship it today!"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

dr_rat posted:

Eh, I don't think we've hit that plateau just yet
OpenPISS hit that plateau over a year ago, when after the ridiculous jump from GPT-3 Curie to GPT-3 DaVinci, the source of all the "holy poo poo imagine if this continues" speculation, the jump to GPT-4 ended up more of a sideways step, better for some tasks, worse in others. They still pretended the disco sales chart with parameter count on X and sentience on Y was applicable, then open source models started showing results implying dataset curation can matter more than mere size. There's still fun stuff happening with specialized models, but general models, the supposed road to AGI, seem frozen in time since November 2022. At least I don't think I could differentiate between results from there to now in a double blind test (short of maybe spotting some mistralisms)

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

quote:

quote:

The funnier thing here is that all of these accounts are also bots. Facebook has absolutely lost control.
These bots are constantly producing things based on what is typically liked on Facebook - Anything regarding Jesus, Veterans, Travel, Nature etc
So you end up with bizarro poo poo like this:

quote:

Like, this is dead internet reality rather than theory. An endless reproducing of GenAI poo poo.

its a good question. Why dont pictures like that ever trend?

spechtie has issued a correction as of 07:38 on Apr 6, 2024

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wanna read the mckinsey paper about maximizing space efficiency through storing soldiers in the carry-on luggage compartment

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

spechtie posted:

I don't like you implying crab jesus is fictional :colbert:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spechtie posted:

I love dead gay internet

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

spechtie posted:

they trend a lot. they trend every minute every day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i really really hate this ad. everything about it. the pseudo-reddit layout, the faux-woke tag, the "how do you do fellow kids" ~lingo~, the asking of permission from mods to call out (promote) an app, getting it, and bolding the name. brb gonna trick everyone to install an app that records their location

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

the asking of permission from mods to call out (promote) an app, getting it, and bolding the name.
I don't think that ever happened, fake edits are a great way to punch up the original ad copy, you can even post like that to places that don't allow post editing and nobody's gonna care

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ruffian Price posted:

I don't think that ever happened, fake edits are a great way to punch up the original ad copy, you can even post like that to places that don't allow post editing and nobody's gonna care

gee you think??

e: maybe??????

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

e2: ah gently caress!!!!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

why would an ad for your app brag to users that you narc on their health data to the government

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
I recognize these eyebrows from somewhere...

quote:

Does it matter what a monk in a remote Vermont monastery thinks about AI?⁠

A number of important researchers think it does, Annie Lowrey wrote in 2023. Soryu Forall is seeing whether he and his fellow monks might be able to embed the enlightenment of the Buddha into the artificial-intelligence code. Forall describes the project of creating an enlightened AI as perhaps “the most important act of all time.” Humans need to “build an AI that walks a spiritual path,” one that will persuade the other AI systems not to harm us. Life on Earth “depends on that.” ⁠

His vision is dire and grand, Lowrey wrote, “but perhaps that is why it has found such a receptive audience among the folks building AI, many of whom conceive of their work in similarly epochal terms.”⁠
Does Forall’s story have the weight of prophecy, or is it just one that AI alarmists are telling themselves? ⁠
Read more: https://theatln.tc/iXiGrIqF

📷️: Venice Gordon

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 13:40 on Apr 6, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

spechtie posted:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

jesus died for Lt. Dan

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I love abuses of the phrase “out of an abundance of caution”, and this is a sterling example.

Ruffian Price posted:

e: Downvotes, really??

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Platystemon posted:

I love abuses of the phrase “out of an abundance of caution”, and this is a sterling example.

Almost as abused as "it's the exception that proves the rule". No, that's not what that means, and you're just ignoring a rule and have no justification for why.

Like ignoring rules is often good, just don't pretend that by breaking the rule you're somehow enforcing it. What you think that saying means makes no sense.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I absolutely lost it at combat jesus patrolling the aisle. God I hope he's not flying boeing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

I absolutely lost it at combat jesus patrolling the aisle. God I hope he's not flying boeing.

Well if he is, at least if they crash on water he'll be able to walk away from it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

please ensure your troop is safely stored upright and secure in the overhead compartment

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hm. What does a plane look like from above?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

FFT posted:

a crawdad, it all comes together

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

FFT posted:

I hope it's a butthole because otherwise I really need to call back my proctologist

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

War and Pieces posted:

I too read Nexus, and it was mid the entire way thru

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/venturetwins/status/1769419821375197593

I don't know guys, the meme says it's magic.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

for something less stupid, this fantastic article recently dropped: Cartography of generative AI

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

spechtie posted:

Lmao at the person behind jesus getting oral

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

webcams for christ posted:

for something less stupid, this fantastic article recently dropped: Cartography of generative AI

quote:

The AI panic discourse, channelled by institutes and philanthropic foundations and supported by the "visionary" leaders of start-ups, is covered by the media and has the desired alarming effect on public opinion. At a time when these technologies are being subjected to the first regulatory processes (the first AI law was passed in the European Parliament in early 2024), the agitation of existential threat messages is intended to support the AI industry's demands for self-regulation by public administrations.
:hai:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

"Apocalypse Now" remake looking lit.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

is the joke that this is an ai generated article

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

is the joke that this is an ai generated article

it's generated by a catalonian collective called Estampa, composed of programmers, filmmakers and researchers working in the fields of audiovisual media and digital environments. Their practice is based on a critical and archaeological approach to audiovisual technologies, on researching the tools and ideologies of artificial intelligence and on the resources of experimental animation.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

it's generated by a catalonian collective called Estampa, composed of programmers, filmmakers and researchers working in the fields of audiovisual media and digital environments. Their practice is based on a critical and archaeological approach to audiovisual technologies, on researching the tools and ideologies of artificial intelligence and on the resources of experimental animation.

it’s great, thank you for linking it!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

you wouldn't pay for this???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

whaley posted:

thanks ai

thai

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

whaley posted:

god drat, he should sue for libel

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

tokin opposition posted:

just use machine learning to figure it out. start with a simple model with only few billion parameters. to do this in a reasonable amount of time will easily require more energy than humans produce but still far less than a Type I civilization on the Kardashev scale

e: as I write this stupid joke it occurs to me that this probably literally is Sam Altmans plan for what to do with 7 trillion dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Nichael posted:

thanks ai

thai

I assume this is pronounced thay-eye