Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

clippers do NOT fuckin blow this i stg

hell yes wolves sole ownership of 1st seed for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jokic is gonna win another MVP

They gave somebody else a chance last year and just looked dumb for it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the second one he's actually earned

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

J9kic is the Tim Duncan of our generation. People just dont wanna admit he is the best cuz he isnt flashy enough.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

please don't be silly Tim Duncan made 15 all defense teams

Jokic is absolutely mvp this year and last but cmon now

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
sixers lookin like a killing machine w/ the paint defense joel brings back with him

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

OH MY BAD posted:

sixers lookin like a killing machine w/ the paint defense joel brings back with him

if he's ever able to play more than one hockey shift at a time again they'll be scary

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

jokic's vorp is over 10. i repeat jokic's vorp is OVER 10

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lebron as vegeta breaking his scouter

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Soap Scum posted:

if he's ever able to play more than one hockey shift at a time again they'll be scary

*psycho sixers lifer sports radio poisioned brain opinion incoming* he might not even NEED to with how good tyrese and cowboy kelly are playing

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

OH MY BAD posted:

*psycho sixers lifer sports radio poisioned brain opinion incoming* he might not even NEED to with how good tyrese and cowboy kelly are playing

i did think it was pretty funny how last night the announcers (and also this post) did not even consider NBA Maximum Contract Star Player tobias john harris in these predictions. they legit called kelly oubre "the sixers x factor," no mention of tobias at all lol. i know he was out last night but still applies

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
kelly oubre and tobias harris have some weird through the looking glass poo poo where kelly plays like he's getting tobias' contract and vice versa.

coincidentally both are entering UFA at the end of this season! uh ohhhh

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
i hate tobias harris (from a sixerscentric basketball standpoint strictly)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Azathoth posted:

The only thing that would be funnier than him getting bounced in the first round and fire him would be if he won it all and they're stuck with him for the next decade.

I actually kinda want them to win it all, because when he wasn't coaching a team, he ended up on TV offering his unique basketball wisdom and the less I have to hear him, the happier I am.

Stop this please.

1st round exit is better for the team and my sanity.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Retromancer posted:

Stop this please.

1st round exit is better for the team and my sanity.

The first round exit would be funnier if not for Sixers fans, I'm sorry I don't make the comedy rules.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Got courtside for the Bucks game tonight, can't wait to call Doc a dumb bitch to his face.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Retromancer posted:

Got courtside for the Bucks game tonight, can't wait to call Doc a dumb bitch to his face.

it'd be amazing if they managed to add the raptors to this wizards-grizzlies losing streaking

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

OH MY BAD posted:

i hate tobias harris (from a sixerscentric basketball standpoint strictly)

Tobeh

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The clipper that never was

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

11 days till playoffs. And a Sports Bar opened in walking distance to me like 2 weeks ago. Thank you God and local small business owners 🙏

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's time to relegate the East to a new minor league called the Rest. Celtics, Bucks, and Heat have done well enough in the last few years to come along to the West, the Rest can safely be discarded.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the Leastern Conference

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
another W lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Retromancer posted:

now is your chance.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

tristeham posted:

another W lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

indigi posted:

please don't be silly Tim Duncan made 15 all defense teams

Jokic is absolutely mvp this year and last but cmon now

The championships the Spurs won were absolutely miserable to watch and super low scoring. Jokic is by contrast the greatest offensive center of all time

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Manu is eternally fun. have respect.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

That's another thing: Manu was better than anyone Jokic has helping him out although playoff Jamal Murray is a special player. Dude was basically Kobe or James Harden but relegated to the bench his whole career for some reason

Duncan was great don't get me wrong and that championship over Miami was something else, I'm more remembering the miserable low scoring games against the Nets and Pistons

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 13:13 on Apr 6, 2024

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
you try a high scoring game on ben wallace if its so easy

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I mean the Nets had Jason Kidd and the pistons had Ben Wallace. Both all time defensive players . If they were low scoring games then only because the competition was so choice.

James Harden and Kobe Bryant are better suited to 6th man roles anyways. I will stand on that.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
manu ftw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I mean the Nets had Jason Kidd and the pistons had Ben Wallace. Both all time defensive players . If they were low scoring games then only because the competition was so choice.

James Harden and Kobe Bryant are better suited to 6th man roles anyways. I will stand on that.

how many 6 man of the year awards did kobe win?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I think it had more to do with players shooting long 2s and no threes back then but those were also great defensive teams. Offense has more or less been "solved" in the modern NBA

Always interesting to think about how many assists and threes players like Duncan would have gotten in the modern more open/efficient NBA we have now. Kind of unfair to compare Jokic's plus minus/efficiency/VORP/etc. to players from past eras when teams just couldn't do math and realize that threes were better than long twos

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 14:44 on Apr 6, 2024

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wolves really missing KAT last night against the suns, really just an awful game for them tho they did keep them under 100 and at least the garbage time crew got it to a more respectable 10 point loss

really hope we don't face the suns in the 1st round

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it'd be amazing if they managed to add the raptors to this wizards-grizzlies losing streaking

also lol @ this happening

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I didn't get to watch it but holy hell that box score. could literally no one on the Wolves make a shot?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Azathoth posted:

I didn't get to watch it but holy hell that box score. could literally no one on the Wolves make a shot?

it was rear end, nothing was falling. suns started hot with a 15-0 lead til the wolves finally scored halfway through the 1st quarter, and the never never sniffed much closer

this KAT-less stretch we've had naz or conley or even jaden mcdaniels or NAW step up to fill in some points but only ant and NAW got to double digits last night. hope they fare better against the lakers on sunday —— another team they might be seeing in round 1

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Shaq is the greatest offensive center. What lol?

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

This website goes retarded for Jokic’s white dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Poppers posted:

This website goes retarded for Jokic’s white dick

hmm wonder why