Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It's kinda weird to me that they're freshly resculpting Liberators, then immediately deciding there's no difference between their super visually distinct looking options. Like, I'd get it for if they all had one shield and then different weapons like swords, hammers, and axes. But a guy with a shield and a guy with two weapons communicate such different ideas it feels weird to intentionally roll them into one profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
and then have the Vindicators and Vanquishers, who are to all intents and purposes identical to the new Liberators but with spear/shields and greatswords respectively

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The mistake was ever giving Liberators a two weapon option imo

They should smash Liberators, Vindictors and Vanquishers into one kit but this idea might be too powerful for Games "make as many units as possible" Workshop

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 6, 2024

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I'm just looking forward to an edition or two in the future, when they decide to re-split weapon options in warscrolls, and everyone complains this was a ploy to force people into buying new units to be WYSIWYG.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
That's the frustrating thing about designing for GW products, I imagine. If the design philosophy changes, all the models from before that design philosophy are going to be left high and dry.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Clan Morsqueak marched out to war once again, especially the Lab Rats. One last raid before everyone's attentions turn towards new ventures.

I got in a smaller game today against a dear friend and took a more science rat thematic force. I got to use my new Acolyte models for the first time as they were a gift.

I love the idea of them using crappy warpstone rifles in lieu of the poison globes. They did pretty well, as being able to run and shoot really gives them some decent play, until they got jumped.

A tale as old as time, Skaven getting hosed up by Yndrasta

I always like tangling with my friends Stormcast armies. It can be a beating at times, but I love seeing the ornate knights tangled up with Clanrats mobs. Fun fact, the Ratling Gun team in the bottom did better in melee than in shooting.

My friend's picture at the start. Not sure if I used enough terrain honestly.

haakman
May 5, 2011
loving sweet I only have about 6,000 pts of Beasts.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Super odd they are dropping Horns of Hashut but not the Rotmire Creed. Hopefully they still sell them because they are awesome little guys to paint.

Is there any idea on when the Darkoath box will launch? Seems odd that they would tease it so far in advance.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Looks like I missed my chance to pick up Spire Warriors

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Super odd they are dropping Horns of Hashut but not the Rotmire Creed. Hopefully they still sell them because they are awesome little guys to paint.

Is there any idea on when the Darkoath box will launch? Seems odd that they would tease it so far in advance.

I think the Warcry warband in tzeentch is also alive

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rotmire isn't S2D - they seem to just be clearing out the S2D warscrolls. The Warcry bands also aren't listed as Last Chance To Buy so I'm wondering if they're gonna keep selling them for Warcry.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

REalistically there is nothing stopping me from running the Hashut folks as Marauders or whatever I would imagine, right? Just because I have them already painted up and the darkoath box is not out yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

IncredibleIgloo posted:

REalistically there is nothing stopping me from running the Hashut folks as Marauders or whatever I would imagine, right? Just because I have them already painted up and the darkoath box is not out yet.

I would not have any problem with that.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I don't think anybody cares about the models, but all the Warcry cultists come on stupid base sizes for no good reason, so you might have to rebase 'em.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

grassy gnoll posted:

I don't think anybody cares about the models, but all the Warcry cultists come on stupid base sizes for no good reason, so you might have to rebase 'em.

This annoys me so much about them. I own 1 unit of Spire Tyrants, so if I want to continue using them, probably as new Darkoath Marauders, I need to find a tenth model and put them all on standard-size bases. But I won't even mind the second part, it looks so weird having 32mm - 25mm bases in the same unit.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

new rat leak

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Genghis Cohen posted:

This annoys me so much about them. I own 1 unit of Spire Tyrants, so if I want to continue using them, probably as new Darkoath Marauders, I need to find a tenth model and put them all on standard-size bases. But I won't even mind the second part, it looks so weird having 32mm - 25mm bases in the same unit.

I'll take them off your hands :)

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

speaking of new rats...

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

These rats are good as hell

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
drat those look great. A lot of variety but nothing too busy. I'll definitely be picking some up just to paint.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I'd like to see how they look in plain plastic or just primed. They're way less exciting to me than the old clanrats, but I think that may due to the paint jobs. I don't think anyone on either GW paint team has actually seen a rat with their own two eyes.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Yeah the paint job is definitely more muted which I personally prefer but it doesn't show off the detail of the model very well.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
When they said Clanrats were getting removed from the line, I didn't envision that they were just immediately getting a model update.

Vvvv I mean I figured there'd be some analog that would effectively be Clanrats in all but name. Maybe with updated weapon options. It's just they do model refreshes all the time and they've never specifically called out something as leaving the line.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 8, 2024

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

When they said Clanrats were getting removed from the line, I didn't envision that they were just immediately getting a model update.

That’s exactly what happened with Liberators, and clan rats are a staple unit for skaven, so you perhaps should have.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Man, those clan rats are going to add some much variety and character into my already painted units. I cannot wait to see what else is getting shown off this week.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Vvvv I mean I figured there'd be some analog that would effectively be Clanrats in all but name. Maybe with updated weapon options. It's just they do model refreshes all the time and they've never specifically called out something as leaving the line.

The article itself said that most of the models leaving for Skaven were coming back with new sculpts.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

The article itself said that most of the models leaving for Skaven were coming back with new sculpts.

It was so incredibly dumb to announce what was being retired before announcing the new models.

Most the gen 1 stormcasts are coming back (probably) and all the Skaven (except a couple) but you still have Skaven players freaking out that their army is gone.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They did this with the 10e release for 40k, actually. Just, no one was afraid Terminators were getting squatted.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mors Rattus posted:

They did this with the 10e release for 40k, actually. Just, no one was afraid Terminators were getting squatted.

That was my point. At no point did they post as article saying that Terminators or Termagants were leaving the range before they announced the revamp. Even though there were plenty of articles about special characters leaving the range and not getting rules for 10th.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That was my point. At no point did they post as article saying that Terminators or Termagants were leaving the range before they announced the revamp. Even though there were plenty of articles about special characters leaving the range and not getting rules for 10th.

No, they did. They literally did post that.

E: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/18/warhammer-40000-and-forge-world-legends-and-last-chance-to-buy/

Pretty much the exact same lead up.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 8, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Geisladisk posted:

It was so incredibly dumb to announce what was being retired before announcing the new models.

Most the gen 1 stormcasts are coming back (probably) and all the Skaven (except a couple) but you still have Skaven players freaking out that their army is gone.

I blame people’s inability to read personally.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I didnt really think the clanrats needed new sculpts desperately but seeing them side by side proves me wrong

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The Leviathan box, with pictures of the new terminators, was previewed before that article went up.

Literally several weeks before that article they showed off the new kits. Then they announced the old kits were leaving. Which is the correct order to do these things in. Which is why people are upset about them loving it up this time.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

These are rats are mono pose I assume? I love eye patch rat so much.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Eediot Jedi posted:

These are rats are mono pose I assume? I love eye patch rat so much.
Yes, and push-fit like everything else in the big starter boxes.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

That's dated the middle of May, this is from right after Adepticon, in late March.

The leadup this time has been completely backwards.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

Miles O'Brian posted:

I didnt really think the clanrats needed new sculpts desperately but seeing them side by side proves me wrong

Same, these are like the 4k remasters of the old ones. Still look east to churn out in their dozens with contrast paints, thankfully.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You know what? Crosspostin'

Safety Factor posted:

:pcgaming::smugwizard::pcgaming:

:pcgaming::smugwizard::pcgaming:

Group shots of the gang so far:

The wizard was a ton of fun to paint. I essentially went with whatever weird whim I had for color choice since it's what Tzeentch would do. Nice mix of techniques too. Wet blending, glazing, even a little stippling on the swirly green orb on the staff. All things I can take forward with this army.

I'm currently building more chaos warriors, but my next painting project will be 10 dogs. They should be nice and quick and they'll be see a lot of use as chaff garbage in my lists. Poor little guys.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
New article on Commands. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/10/react-to-your-opponent-with-powerful-new-commands-in-newaos/

Everyone gets a heal/restore model ability now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

Each player gets four command points at the start of the battle round to spend over the course of that entire round. Any command points you haven’t spent by the end of the battle round are gone forever, so there’s no way of hoarding them.

This is an interesting one, as a beginner 40K player I have trouble using up my command points because I either forget to use them or can't think of a good use for them.