Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Vargatron posted:

Maybe all these CIA operatives are just coming down off molly or percs and their stummy hurts?

the ones who aren't drunks or drug addicts are probably just experiencing guilt and don't know what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Vargatron posted:

Maybe all these CIA operatives are just coming down off molly or percs and their stummy hurts?
a jam band weekend festival but the main stage is a mckinsey consultant giving a presentation

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

the ones who aren't drunks or drug addicts are probably just experiencing guilt and don't know what it is

It has to be that, right? Guilt and stress, and they're so emotionally constipated that they don't know how to deal with it. It's very funny that the new CIA is a bunch of losers who (thankfully) can't coup a South American country if their lives depended on it. Unless that's just what they want us to think...

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

a jam band weekend festival but the main stage is a mckinsey consultant giving a presentation

Isn't that Ozy Fest

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

net work error posted:

Isn't that Ozy Fest

Thanks I was trying to remember the name of that cursed event. The most cringe lineups every single year - nightmare blunt rotation guaranteed

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jacques got bad movie takes.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's conversion disorder.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Arcade Fire cannot be lame because I like them. gently caress you Jacque!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have eaten at Turkey and the Wolf and it's the only place I've ever seen someone wearing Pod Save America merch. People involved also opened this place in Chicago called Big Kids where all the food had obnoxious names and at night it became "Shiddy Burger."

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

It's weird how normal Jacques is when no one's bullying him

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

COPE 27 posted:

I dunno if I would ever classify Jacques as "normal"

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I have eaten at Turkey and the Wolf and it's the only place I've ever seen someone wearing Pod Save America merch. People involved also opened this place in Chicago called Big Kids where all the food had obnoxious names and at night it became "Shiddy Burger."

I used to work walking distance from there on magazine street and never went because it did look very obnoxious

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

theyre so loving lame dude. They aged even worse

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Kingfish posted:

They're lame and the lead singer is a rapist

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
More like Dumpster Fire.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

yeah i liked the first couple Arcade Fire albums when they came out but they were definitely pretty lame even before they got turbocancelled

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

its goddamn crazy to ever go to Big Kids when Lula is right there and has godlike food.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

yeah i liked the first couple Arcade Fire albums when they came out but they were definitely pretty lame even before they got turbocancelled

everything they did after The Suburbs minus the reflektor song was certified trash in my view. And personally I can't stand their first album at all anymore. 2nd album (neon bible) and suburbs were their best work but yeah they are just not it.

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

Everyone talks about Funeral but Neon Bible aged way better because the songs aren't all about how sad it is to be ten years old

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The REAL Goobusters posted:

everything they did after The Suburbs minus the reflektor song was certified trash in my view. And personally I can't stand their first album at all anymore. 2nd album (neon bible) and suburbs were their best work but yeah they are just not it.

Everything Now was excellent too. Four great albums and a good ep = Arcade Fire are not lame.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

They're mid, op

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

its goddamn crazy to ever go to Big Kids when Lula is right there and has godlike food.

The sandwiches were pretty good though! Apparently it closed this past winter.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Everything Now was excellent too. Four great albums and a good ep = Arcade Fire are not lame.

And are the 4 great albums in the room with us right now?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Turkey and the Wolf makes some good sandwiches

Also this episode was like bottom 5 of all time. Terrible all around.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

looks like a bunch of bread

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Turkey and the Wolf makes some good sandwiches

Steins is right there too

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

modern life has removed all desire for melody. i consume a steady stream of noise trash now.

edit: see red text lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pharmaskittle posted:

Steins is right there too

Steins is better for sure

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I am glad to see other goons giving Stein’s the respect it deserves.

Also I didn’t hate the episode and it had some good laughs but all of the interruptions could have been split off into their own episode. Just let Will finish talking!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

And are the 4 great albums in the room with us right now?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
chopped and screwed Night Swimming rules

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I started reading this book about the Upstairs Lounge fire, this fire in a gay bar that killed like 30 people in New Orleans in the 70s, and it starts off by telling the story of loving Clay Shaw and Jim Garrison.

it turns out having several prominent members of the gay community in New Orleans publicly outed in Court and accused of being homosexual thrill-killers scared the poo poo out of the entire gay community in the city.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1777231602613194919

dudes rock

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

The cops caught two little kids stealing their dad's car near where I live, they were like 7-10 years old. One of them had the wheel, the other kid pushed the pedals. They crashed pretty much immediately.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when I was like three my dad told me not to touch the transmission while he went to go inside a store with the car running. big mistake pops, I got pretty far from the passenger seat

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

COPE 27 posted:

he's probably not ripping dabs in the middle of the chapo stream like he is on seeking derangements

Diet Coke Can
Jul 25, 2004
Jacques is epic

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Diet Coke Can posted:

Jacques is epic

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Jacques' alright, I guess. He's wrong about a lot of things. Raccoons are disgusting monsters which should be exterminated. Possums are creepy, but less offensive if only because they're dumber and less persistent.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Opossums do a really good job of eating ticks though

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 9, 2024