Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Well like, some consequences.

For the drugs, at least.

And it's lol how they openly admit to being on everything and not peep about it even as they're literally on trial for stealing enough rich people's money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ghost Leviathan posted:

For the drugs, at least.

And it's lol how they openly admit to being on everything and not peep about it even as they're literally on trial for stealing enough rich people's money.

Well from what I understand they had an on-site doctor to prescribe anything so that probably makes things a big harder to prosecute than it's worth.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
all of these dudes were extremely online

I'm guessing they had a cornucopia of RCs at their disposal

I wonder if they've posted in TCC

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Vampire Panties posted:

all of these dudes were extremely online

I'm guessing they had a cornucopia of RCs at their disposal

I wonder if they've posted in TCC
Bitcoin provides arm reduction

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

quote:

“Imagine walking into a watch store and seeing 10 dudes repeatedly chuck all the Rolexes back and forth at each other at the edge of a cliff”

Bitcoin works the same way.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

RocketMermaid posted:

Bitcoin works the same way.

:perfect:

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Although I assume rolexes are also massively overpriced? I guess they're probably at least well made. Possible not. A lot of luxury goods do seem to be built pretty garbage when you look into them.

Rolexes are well-made. You can get a Vostok watch for $40, it's the same technology, made in Russia. The one I bought lasted about a year before it stopped working. I assume a Rolex would last longer, but at some point anything is going to need repairs, a mechanical watch is going to need them sooner than a digital one, and a Russian-made mechanical watch will need them sooner than a Swiss one.

As far as overpriced goes, it depends on what you're after. If you want to know the time and date, a $14 Casio F-91W is honestly just about the best humanity has to offer. If you're looking for jewelry, whether or not something is overpriced is entirely subjective.

I've worn an F-91W ever since my Fitbit died, I think going on 7 years now? The only maintenance I've had to do is adjust for time zones, and a few months ago I had to change the date, because it doesn't know about leap years. One day it will need a new battery, I assume.

cruft fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 5, 2024

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Careful about buying F-91Ws, the government may put you on a watchlist.

Edit: That said, I agree. I wear a Timex Ironman these days, not the least of which is because I got tired of trying to keep my Galaxy Watch charged and poo poo.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Neito posted:

Careful about buying F-91Ws, the government may put you on a watchlist.

I presume you're referring to how the F-91W is called out in some terrorism manual or other to build a time bomb. My dozens of Adafruit orders are probably a lot more suspect than a wristwatch order from Amazon, if some overzealous CIA analyst is looking for a way to piss of their manager by wasting time.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

cruft posted:

I presume you're referring to how the F-91W is called out in some terrorism manual or other to build a time bomb. My dozens of Adafruit orders are probably a lot more suspect than a wristwatch order from Amazon, if some overzealous CIA analyst is looking for a way to piss of their manager by wasting time.

When I was loaning my Netflix account to my sister and her roommate, she would watch Irreversible then the roomie would binge Yu-Gi-Oh for 3 hours. Imagine what kind of Watchlist I'm on.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Lammasu posted:

When I was loaning my Netflix account to my sister and her roommate, she would watch Irreversible then the roomie would binge Yu-Gi-Oh for 3 hours. Imagine what kind of Watchlist I'm on.

PYF watchlist you're on

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Having a non-working Rolex is probably a terrible faux pas, but it really doesn't matter if your fashion watch is broken.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Having a non-working Rolex is probably a terrible faux pas, but it really doesn't matter if your fashion watch is broken.

Yeah, in this day and age especially, they're bracelets for men. That's fine, but there's a thousand ways to check the time that are free and similarly convenient to use.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Maybe if we started referring to F-150s as 'makeup for men' they'd stop buying them

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Time_pants posted:

Yeah, in this day and age especially, they're bracelets for men. That's fine, but there's a thousand ways to check the time that are free and similarly convenient to use.

Oh yeah? Name 300, then :colbert:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well, i could ask one of my 300 butlers to check my rolex collection and tell me the time

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

Maybe if we started referring to F-150s as 'makeup for men' they'd stop buying them

This was recently posted in the AI EV thread and I was, like, wow.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Time_pants posted:

Hold on a second...

THIS GOON HAS TIMEKEEPING PANTS

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I keep my time on the blockchain

How else could you trust nobody hosed with it

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Mozi posted:

well, i could ask one of my 300 butlers to check my rolex collection and tell me the time

Pfft, peasant. I keep one butler stationed in the rolex room at all times so I can be informed of the current time at a moment’s notice. The biggest expense is the onboarding cost of hiring a new butler whenever the previous one is driven to madness by the ticking, the unceasing, unwavering, omnipresent ticking.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Just have a butler whose only job is to follow you around and announce the time if you ever acknowledge them in any way.

Fools Infinite fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 6, 2024

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

cruft posted:

Oh yeah? Name 300, then :colbert:

1) Your sundial.
2-300) The sundial of your 299 close friends.

Come on, gimme a challenge!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

cruft posted:

Hold on a second...

THIS GOON HAS TIMEKEEPING PANTS

Honestly, I just wear them for the look.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I still miss back in my day when we actually took time keeping seriously and didn't go for all this flashy smart watch nonsense

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Time_pants posted:

PYF watchlist you're on

ITT we fantasize about being on watchlists

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Notice me NSApai

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

dr_rat posted:

I still miss back in my day when we actually took time keeping seriously and didn't go for all this flashy smart watch nonsense

It was a different time.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Cyrano4747 posted:

Notice me NSApai

:nsa:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

cruft posted:

Yeah, I was just going for a lovely joke based on like, 2006 terrorism overzealousness.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
On a watch list for buying a watch on a list of watches good for doing stuff alphabet agencies watch for

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

On a watch list for buying a watch on a list of watches good for doing stuff alphabet agencies watch for

:tviv:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LMFAO

that's what I call FUD

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Picture having to look at melting cartoon apes while doing a demolition job.

Edit: I looked at the Web3 is Going Great blurb apparently Board Apes are still going for around 50k :wtf:. I mean that's in crypto so it's "$50k" not real money, but still who's buying ugly auto generated ape jpgs in 2024?

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 8, 2024

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I don't know if that "Bored & Hungry" thing was a pop-up meant to cash in on a fad (in which case its closure is not surprising because mission accomplished), or if it was meant to actually be an enduring business (in which case its closure is not surprising because it's loving terrible).

It does sound more like the latter, though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Viscous Soda posted:

Picture having to look at melting cartoon apes while doing a demolition job.

Edit: I looked at the Web3 is Going Great blurb apparently Board Apes are still going for around 50k :wtf:. I mean that's in crypto so it's "$50k" not real money, but still who's buying ugly auto generated ape jpgs in 2024?

Wash trading.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

MechaCrash posted:

I don't know if that "Bored & Hungry" thing was a pop-up meant to cash in on a fad (in which case its closure is not surprising because mission accomplished), or if it was meant to actually be an enduring business (in which case its closure is not surprising because it's loving terrible).

It does sound more like the latter, though.

I'm guessing they thought they'd be doing a lot more money laundering.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lammasu posted:

Your sister would watch Irreversible repeatedly?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
When's the next ApeFest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

When's the next ApeFest?

Eclipse already went past, so now they gotta wait for the next chance to burn their retinas.