Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Neom huh? they announced that shithole like what a decade ago? I wonder how its going.

What's that? nothing? just a lovely little airport, a palace and what is possibly suckiest little temporary neighborhood I've ever seen? ok then.

I'll have you know they just recently announced plans for an underground skyscraper that can only be accessed by submarine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

uh oh, three israeli protestors got run over by a car in tel aviv

The limit to Israeli society was always going to be if they started applying the same measures to internal dissent as they do to the Palestinians.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Arc Hammer posted:

From the Ottawa demonstration today. Still going strong. If any zionists or genocide deniers feel threatened by this crowd then good. Stay the gently caress home and remove yourself from society.

Wasn't the Vimy parade also today?

I'm guessing those routes didn't overlap?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Al-Saqr posted:

I visited Ottowa once, nice little town, I loved the Beaver Tail Donuts with the cinnamon and lemon.

The Killaloe Sunrise is the best Beaver Tail flavour.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Wasn't the Vimy parade also today?

I'm guessing those routes didn't overlap?

I think the Vimy Parade might have only gone to the War Memorial in Elgin? Every Saturday the Palestine Demonstration marches down from Parliament to the market but today they started from Elgin Street instead, so I think they were adjusting routes to avoid overlaps like you say.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The limit to Israeli society was always going to be if they started applying the same measures to internal dissent as they do to the Palestinians.

It's a matter of degrees. Currently as an Israeli Arab for example you can be arrested for scrolling social media: https://www.commondreams.org/news/israel-counterterrorism-law. And as an Israeli Arab, you are subject to military surveillance and discriminatory police oppression that puts stop and frisk to shame, like indefinitely detaining you for expressing the wrong political thought: https://www.adalah.org/en/law/view/598

The question is whether this will be actually implemented against Jewish Israelis. We'll see. The point remains that not enough people in the West are aware of Israelis autocractic nature if you're born the wrong ethnicity.

the element for detaining you under the anti terrorism law is insanely broad btw. Here's one

quote:

It was carried out with the intention of provoking fear or panic among the public or with the intention of compelling a government or other governmental authority, including a government or other governmental authority of a foreign country, or a public international organization, to carry out or to abstain from carrying out any act;

Trying to compel the govt to do anything along with "disrupting" the State's services or even economy can land you in a hole in Israel.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Shageletic posted:

Trying to compel the govt to do anything along with "disrupting" the State's services or even economy can land you in a hole in Israel.

"It was carried out with the intention of provoking fear or panic among the public or with the intention of compelling a government or other governmental authority, including a government or other governmental authority of a foreign country, or a public international organization, to carry out or to abstain from carrying out any act;"

Pointing to a call Trudeau had with then-Conservative Party interim leader Candice Bergen, Chaudhury brought up the importance of balance — between allowing people opposed to government policies to be heard and setting a precedent that says a blockade on Ottawa's Wellington Street can change those policies.

"Using protests to demand changes to public policy is something that I think is worrisome," the prime minister said initially.

Trudeau soon clarified that statement, saying a protest against a government decision to shut down a safe injection site would also constitute advocating for a change in public policy.

The usual way of protesting, he said, is to persuade voters that a government policy is wrong — enough voters to convince governments to change course. Such protests, he said, can be effective in creating change in a democracy.

"But there is a difference between occupations and, you know, saying we're not going until this has changed in a way that is massively disruptive and potentially dangerous," Trudeau said.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

lol poor Bill, didnt get the memo that israel lost.

you're setting yourself up for disappointment

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Doktor Avalanche posted:

you're setting yourself up for disappointment

how so?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

more than 2/3rds of this country paying attention to a foreign policy issue is almost off the charts compared to normal.

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1776683157284135267

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

Last 10 or so pages of the Marx thread.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

step 3: idf destroys hamas

you can't destroy a political movement with bombs and tanks unless you kill all the people in it, hence the genocide

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

New Ansarallah banger dropped, there is a full version if you click through to telegram.

https://twitter.com/axe_resistance/status/1776706712763785494

Also I just found out there's a third person shooter game where you can play as Palastinians, and it even got an Oct 7 mission update. Definitely gonna try this out lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fursan_al-Aqsa:_The_Knights_of_the_Al-Aqsa_Mosque

FormaldehydeSon has issued a correction as of 21:56 on Apr 6, 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Pointing to a call Trudeau had with then-Conservative Party interim leader Candice Bergen, Chaudhury brought up the importance of balance — between allowing people opposed to government policies to be heard and setting a precedent that says a blockade on Ottawa's Wellington Street can change those policies.

"Using protests to demand changes to public policy is something that I think is worrisome," the prime minister said initially.

Trudeau soon clarified that statement, saying a protest against a government decision to shut down a safe injection site would also constitute advocating for a change in public policy.

The usual way of protesting, he said, is to persuade voters that a government policy is wrong — enough voters to convince governments to change course. Such protests, he said, can be effective in creating change in a democracy.

"But there is a difference between occupations and, you know, saying we're not going until this has changed in a way that is massively disruptive and potentially dangerous," Trudeau said.

Lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

israeli transport minister says protests are out to 'assasinate' netanyahu

====

Israeli transport minister: Protesters want to assassinate Netanyahu

Israel’s Channel 12 quoted the transport minister as saying protesters wanted to assassinate Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The Israeli minister added that violent demonstrations could not continue.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31585;&%231590;

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

israeli transport minister says protests are out to 'assasinate' netanyahu

====

Israeli transport minister: Protesters want to assassinate Netanyahu

Israel’s Channel 12 quoted the transport minister as saying protesters wanted to assassinate Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The Israeli minister added that violent demonstrations could not continue.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31585;&%231590;

Prayers up 🙏

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Israel is losing and will decisively lose

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

my hopes are gonna keep going up and up

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
There's going to be a state where Arabs and Jews are equal compatriots and there's nothing Israel can do about it

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

PawParole posted:

more than 2/3rds of this country paying attention to a foreign policy issue is almost off the charts compared to normal.

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1776683157284135267

Eat poo poo and die genocide joe

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Nail Rat posted:

Eat poo poo and die genocide joe

Rip

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

FormaldehydeSon posted:

New Ansarallah banger dropped, there is a full version if you click through to telegram.

https://twitter.com/axe_resistance/status/1776706712763785494

trying to think of anywhere else on earth that'd have an audience for soldiers singing that wasn't filled with bored kids on a field trip or ninety year-olds with one foot in the grave.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://x.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1776710878500405748

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

What a reasonable country

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

that deputy speaker sounds like a crybaby bitch loser if you ask me

speng31b
May 8, 2010

seems like a bit of a misrepresentation but it certainly sounds like further escalation is likely

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean it is not really a misrepresentation they love to flaunt and also pretend that they do not have those "jericho" missiles. I would like for my family members in Iran not to die by nuclear fire but genociders seem hellbent on bringing down the pillars.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

oh poo poo am I getting drafted

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Well, here we are.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

that deputy speaker sounds like a crybaby bitch loser if you ask me

He's an Israeli.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

4 Nazis got got when their ammunition cooked off inside their tank lol

===============

‎IDF: 4 soldiers were injured when a shell went off inside their tank‎

merkava tanks getting little stick figure pictograph stickers reminding the genocide forces to not light farts on fire next to live ammunition

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

the israeli responses to that post are a treat, with some of them calling him an iranian false flag account while others are all like "yeah we have nukes but you shouldn't say it"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dolash posted:

Expectations management in politics always sounds weird, like how before a Presidentialy debate each campaign's flacks start talking about how their candidate is a wordless dumbass while their opponant is a debate team champion.

The U.S. and Israel have been building up how worried they are about Iranian retaliation in tandem with Iran posturing about how they're totally about to do it. It kind of feels like the goal of all sides is to sell the public on whatever happens next as being "enough" to even out the embassy strike, the same way the rocket attack was accepted as the official retaliation for Suleimani. It's a place where both sides have kind of the same media goal.

Iran had absolutely planned to do more after Soleimanu but backed off after accidentally shooting down a civilian airliner

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

a single high level eternal thought: bill ackman shut the gently caress up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

punishedkissinger posted:

idk why exactly, but this morning i cant help but feel that Palestinian spirit is indestructible and their victory is inevitable.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

idk why exactly, but this morning i cant help but feel that Palestinian spirit is indestructible and their victory is inevitable.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the “we have to let israel invade rafa to destroy hamas articles” studiously ignore that hamas seems to be killing idf soldiers in areas they claimed they already pacified

not a journalist though, nor is my aunt an NYT employee so i can’t make any sense of it