Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God, Automate is great. Been getting more comfortable with how it works and it's nice for stuff like the mushroom cave where I can set up paths to count as "conveyors" and have it all auto collect to a chest on the side. Making mayo/cheese money like crazy now because it's so easy to dump everything in a chest and come back to it full of products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah. That's why it's cheating.

I use it and love it too. But it's a cheat mod. The time it takes to actually collect all your processed products is part of the balance of the game.

Now I personally don't give a poo poo about that because it's not like the game has any actual difficulty, it's just a question of how much time it takes to get to All The Money, and I'm not competitively speedrunning so who cares? Automate is great. But it's as cheaty as anything in CJB Cheats Menu.

I would love to see Automate with some kind of cost associated, like you have to pay 100G to an abstracted employee per processed item or something along those lines. So kegs are still super profitable but if you want to run a huge chain of Automated crab pots you'll lose money on the deal. That would be super neat.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 6, 2024

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Silver Falcon posted:

CBJ Cheats and CBJ Item Spawner still don't work, but all the other mods work. I am calling this one a success! Go me!

Do you know what the issue is with these mods not working for you on Deck? I have them both and they work just fine on my steam deck (I don't have SVE installed right now though). I use a radial menu on the left track pad to hit the buttons required along with some other mod stuff like time speed and the tractor mod.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah. That's why it's cheating.

You're not wrong and I'm not ignorant to the fact that it will break open the economy when I really get going but it feels less cheaty (and more fun) than just using cheats to give myself money, plus I've already played through this game a number of times only to sorta fizzle out halfway through so I'm enjoying being able to focus elsewhere like cave diving and exploring while my stuff is working away back at home. Some kind of tax per automation set up would not be a bad idea for at least some semblance of balance though.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/21891

So was it here someone wanted to make the fairy Navi? because someone did that

Oh hey, neat! Yeah I'm the sicko that was asking for this, cheers.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The only thing I'd want for automation is that hoppers pull the product from the machine they are attached to then load the next one.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Cheating in single player is all about being careful not to ruin the game for yourself. I don't use Automate because I think it'd spoil something for me but I wouldn't tell anyone else not to.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Avalerion posted:

The only thing I'd want for automation is that hoppers pull the product from the machine they are attached to then load the next one.

If I'm understanding you correctly, that's exactly what Automate does.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rynyin posted:

Do you know what the issue is with these mods not working for you on Deck? I have them both and they work just fine on my steam deck (I don't have SVE installed right now though). I use a radial menu on the left track pad to hit the buttons required along with some other mod stuff like time speed and the tractor mod.

I did some tinkering and the issue with it is I'm an idiot! I. Didn't see it on the list of mods in the config menu on the title screen and assumed they weren't working, but I hooked up my Bluetooth keyboard and pressed the button for the cheat menu, and no it works fine. I just have no idea how to do the thing you said where you can set the track button (or the back paddles?!) to do mod things that you normally do with the keyboard.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 6, 2024

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Just go into the controller settings for the game and assign the various buttons to do what you want. You can tab over from normal controller inputs to keyboard inputs when you're selecting an input. Like when I'm playing FFXIV, I set the back paddles to act as the Home and Insert keyboard buttons to use specific shortcuts I put on those keys.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

on deck, if you open the controller settings (steam button on the bottom left, i think it's the second item down in the menu that pops up and the "customize" button toward the bottom middle on that screen) and enable the back paddles, you can set them to whatever you want!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

ILL Machina posted:

It does a lot of other stuff too, too much for my liking!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

CaptainViolence posted:

on deck, if you open the controller settings (steam button on the bottom left, i think it's the second item down in the menu that pops up and the "customize" button toward the bottom middle on that screen) and enable the back paddles, you can set them to whatever you want!

Huh. I will tinker with this!

ILL Machina posted:

I had a bit of an Automate SNAFU today. I had put Junimo Chests in the shed, quarry, on the island, etc, anywhere I had a lot of kegs. Hoping to just dump a bunch of Ancient Fruit in them and have them distribute to the kegs in each location.

But it didn't seem to be working. The kegs just ran dry. I had to replace the Junimo Chests with normal ones and just distribute the fruit by hand. Does Automate just not work at all with Junimo Chests?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

explosivo posted:

God, Automate is great. Been getting more comfortable with how it works and it's nice for stuff like the mushroom cave where I can set up paths to count as "conveyors" and have it all auto collect to a chest on the side. Making mayo/cheese money like crazy now because it's so easy to dump everything in a chest and come back to it full of products.

do you use the pipes mods? and if so, how do you like them?

after I beat everything I like to screw around with game-breaking mods.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cranappleberry posted:

do you use the pipes mods? and if so, how do you like them?

after I beat everything I like to screw around with game-breaking mods.

No I'm just using Automate with the option enabled to turn paths into extenders to connect stuff.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Automate takes care of a lot of things I'd probably end up doing anyways (eg: putting stuff into processors at the start of the day,) so it's just lifting a lot of tedium. Does that translate to having more time in the day, or getting great efficiency out of stuff that I'd otherwise need to check up more often? Or enable filling an entire shed with processors, not having to worry about walking space? Oh for sure, I definitely can admit it throws off the balance that way, but it absolutely feels like a far more gamified way to "cheat" then just using a menu to give you money or other things.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
It is insane to poopoo others for cheating in single player. Namaste.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Me when I cheat not only the game but also myself by using the item spawner because I don't want to hunt down more Dragon Teeth

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

the only poopooing im doing is having chests poopoo product into kegs automatically

TurnipFritter posted:

Me when I cheat not only the game but also myself by using the item spawner because I don't want to hunt down more Dragon Teeth

i edit my inventory to give me the amount of qi beans i need to grow 500 and i'm unashamed of it b/c i find that qi challenge (and many others) irritating

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1776672545699451169

I use CJB Cheat Menu to give me all the backpack slots on day 1 :ssh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I use CJB to give myself +3 movement speed at all times

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

good thing nobody is doing that then!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I am curious now, is it possible to set up Automate to require the Hoppers from Qi, but just make them work better/empty machines/etc ?

EDIT : Even with the coal cost removed, it's annoying that I can't just load 100 geodes into the geode crusher and get on with my day.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Wafflecopper posted:

good thing nobody is doing that then!

I was, but only in my head

Also I have decided that it would bother me more to do a Joja Run than it bothers me to have an incomplete achievement. Know thyself

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Silver Falcon posted:

But it didn't seem to be working. The kegs just ran dry. I had to replace the Junimo Chests with normal ones and just distribute the fruit by hand. Does Automate just not work at all with Junimo Chests?
I haven't started a new farm for the update yet, but on my last farm I had a bunch of ancient fruit and fruit trees on the island and greenhouse connected to Junimo chests, and that always worked for me. Maybe check to make sure everything hooked up and you didn't accidentally connect to a regular chest along with the Junimo chest. I vaguely recall there being a setting to toggle for what gets used by Automate, so you might want to check for that too.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Silver Falcon posted:

update your automate install, junimo chests were fixed 2 weeks ago

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Farm at the start of year 3. Got all of grandpa's candles lit :toot:

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

In 1.7 if you use cheat mods Mr. Qi will chastise you and delete your save.

Here's a neat little addition that you'll run into if you do pig farming: Truffle crabs are now a thing. Just had one pop up and surprise me.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Griz posted:

update your automate install, junimo chests were fixed 2 weeks ago

That worked! Junimo Chests are back on the menu.

I've started getting the Mastery perks. I have combat, farming, and fishing now. The Iridium scythe is nutty! Harvesting takes almost no time at all!

No Trinkets yet, but I'm on the lookout. I like the mini-forge. I got Mastery on my advanced Iridium rod first try.

Now what do I do with all these extra Prismatic Shards?! This is the farm I got Perfection on and I'm messing around in it before I start a new farm on the new map. I wanted to see what the Mastery perks were like.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Leal posted:

Farm at the start of year 3. Got all of grandpa's candles lit :toot:

The fancy fishes aren't even in the same row :weary:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I got the Golden Spur trinket, thought. Alright this is fun enough.
Picked up the Ice Rod. Hot drat.....that thing is SUPER useful???? Loving it
Got 2 of the Fairy trinkets. 1 lvl 1 and 1 lvl 3. I thought it was meh? Like, it really seemed to do completely negligible amounts of healing.
Blue-Green Frog Egg?!?!?!?! I loving love this guy! He can eat ANYTHING. Big blobs that spawn out the little guys on death? GET IN MY BELLY!!!! Love him. I don't see me not using him always. Plus he hops around after you all the time. It's amazing

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Put a party hat on my dog, now he's always festive.

Also like the first sea chest I found got me the roe chance on looting sea chests and one of my early game starts is tons of fishing

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
yeah my first trinket was Murder Frog but I've since picked up the ice rod followed by one with better numbers, and it's basically a straight upgrade to the frog - sure, you have to spend a moment bashing the target with sword, but you get loot and occasionally it freezes multiple mobs

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The bottom right pond doesn't even have anything in it. Though thats more because I want to put stingrays in there and apparently you can only get them if you build the resort on the island and I aint got time for walnut hunting.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Fairy feels like the least useful - Maybe there's a use case in Qi's Hungry Challenge, but otherwise it seems not worth it.
Basilisk Claw is really only good for the Nausea levels of the Dangerous Mines, imo.
Parrot probably goes crazy hard against like, a horde of Dust Sprites.
Frogs are cute, it's probably useful for keeping Mummies off your rear end if you don't have Crusader and don't want to waste bombs. But I guess the Ice Rod can probably do the same thing, but as mentioned Frogs Are Cute.
Quiver is probably really good if you do enough rerolls but I haven't bothered.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Goatse James Bond posted:

yeah my first trinket was Murder Frog but I've since picked up the ice rod followed by one with better numbers, and it's basically a straight upgrade to the frog - sure, you have to spend a moment bashing the target with sword, but you get loot and occasionally it freezes multiple mobs

Oh poo poo i forgot about the loot :(

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I haven't found any yet :(

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the fairy one is pretty good at the highest level. if you aren't constantly taking damage it's enough to keep you passively healed while cave diving

the highest level parrot can poo poo out a lot of money and it doesn't seem to depend on what you kill at all, so even basic trips through the mines can be big paydays

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

When my mum takes her medication, she pops the tablets out completely at random and it makes me insane. Why? Why??

Anyway got to go, someone threw down a bag of rice and I better count it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Am I crazy? I spent my first 10iridium bars to get the iridium band and then repair the boat?

If you say no, I should provide my motivation for why the boat 2nd It was to get a cinder shard to tailor sunglasses to complete my Guy Fieri outfit as mentioned earlier ITT