Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/vandevenesque/status/1776291275085332923?t=CX7_FcDE7MqEN5AzKK0PXQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Does this mean that "wokeness" improved beer pours? Because that is definitely not a Czech bar where that sort of pour might be legit.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Peroni and Fosters on tap, WKD in the fridge. There’s only one country that would deem this socially acceptable.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I pride myself on being a good host, so I'm obliged to offer you a beer. But I'm so darned unwoke, it's going to be mostly head!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Getting head from an unwoke barmaid 👌

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

underage?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Did we murder all of them or something?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Waste of Breath posted:

Getting head from an unwoke barmaid 👌

lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In my expert opinion as a functional alcoholic, there's plenty of hot bartenders. The only difference that might be caused by wokeness is they'd probably slap you or kick you out of the bar for calling them a "barmaid."

Although, I think that's been true for like 40 years. Imagine someone calling Carla from Cheers a "barmaid"

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Apr 7, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Inceltown posted:

Does this mean that "wokeness" improved beer pours? Because that is definitely not a Czech bar where that sort of pour might be legit.

lol here's your half a beer in a large glass sir, you're such a big strong boy

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Flesh Forge posted:

A boy has never wept nor washed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EL BROMANCE posted:

Peroni and Fosters on tap, WKD in the fridge. There’s only one country that would deem this socially acceptable.

Britain?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yup.

Fosters is so bad the Australians won’t drink it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

So was that picture taken in the 1970s or something? Or is the poster just stupid.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

theironjef posted:

So was that picture taken in the 1970s or something? Or is the poster just stupid.

Even if it was from the 70s (which it OBVIOUSLY is not), the person would still be an idiot.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just stupid. That Sailor Jerry label design comes from 2014, so at most is 10 years old and probably isn’t anything close to that. Could probably take essentially the same photo at whatever bar that is today.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yup.

But it's Australian for Beer.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

https://x.com/caroandersenn/status/1776643702653407621

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The woke movement kept her from getting her dream pub job :(

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Caro looking good since he/she/they sued the Syrian government.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’m not rinsed. Please don’t say I was rinsed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

bulletsponge13 posted:

But it's Australian for Beer.

You foreign drongos will believe anything.

We legitimately have no idea what the gently caress a Bloomin Onion is supposed to be.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You foreign drongos will believe anything.

We legitimately have no idea what the gently caress a Bloomin Onion is supposed to be.

If you think Outback Steakhouse is an insult to your cuisine ask an Italian about Olive Garden.

Typing that out I realized there's no restaurant that's the equivalent of Olive Garden, but French.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Air Skwirl posted:

If you think Outback Steakhouse is an insult to your cuisine ask an Italian about Olive Garden.

Typing that out I realized there's no restaurant that's the equivalent of Olive Garden, but French.

Delifrance.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Breetai posted:

Delifrance.

I meant dinner food, not pastries.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Knormal posted:

The woke movement kept her from getting her dream pub job :(

cancel culture has gone too far

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Air Skwirl posted:

Isn't there some British chain that pretends to be French? Can't remember the name but the food was pretty much slightly better than TGI Fridays tier.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Probably Pret A Manger

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Pet a manager? No thank you

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

BioEnchanted posted:

Probably Pret A Manger

One of the funniest things about them is that they basically don't exist outside of London.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Isn't there some British chain that pretends to be French? Can't remember the name but the food was pretty much slightly better than TGI Fridays tier.

Cafe Rouge or Cote Brasserie are both fuax French restaurants here.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

One of the funniest things about them is that they basically don't exist outside of London.

Oh we've got plenty of them in Scotland, there was a period in Edinburgh when we had more Prets than Greggs.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
Imagine fast food frogs' legs.w

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Josef bugman posted:

Unfortunately they are spreading. They are also terrible.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Air Skwirl posted:

It's not even an insult, it's just confusing. Because it's not even trying to imitate anything. They apparently just made random poo poo up.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yup.

The first time I tried Fosters I genuinally thought it had gone off, only to be assured 'No, it always tastes like that'.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Roblo posted:

Unfortunately they are spreading. They are also terrible.

Yes but enough about the British

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Josef bugman posted:

There's a pret in Bradford, mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Deptfordx posted:

The first time I tried Fosters I genuinally thought it had gone off, only to be assured 'No, it always tastes like that'.

The first time I tried Fosters my hosts (English) were surprised that I didn’t recognise the taste. I only knew of Fosters as 'that old beer from the 1980s'. Garbage piss water.