Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
dang Lithgow was also the villain in cliffhanger, amazing run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

his posh bad guy voice in that one is really fun

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lithgowns

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

i say swears online posted:

It's the only scene I remember but I was dying in the theater

You
Should
Have
Bought
A
Squirrel

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Lithgow's best villain performance?

Santa Claus: The Movie.

Don't @ me.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m watching Aquaman 2. this movie loving sucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m gonna throw in the towel at 22 minutes unless someone tells me about a good fight or something I can skip to

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

i'm going to eat a dog turd...... hmm it tastes like poo poo, should i keep going or does it get better?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

usually Momoa is good for some fun fights but this is trash

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Fleetwood posted:

Lithgow is peak ‘most acting’

https://youtu.be/5RmdAlaOiMw?si=eJPWnTiiH4el6x5H

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I cashed out and am watching Rory Scovel's special now. it's good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rory's looking cute too

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Love that he channeled this energy as the lead of a sitcom for few years.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Shageletic posted:

Love that he channeled this energy as the lead of a sitcom for few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCHhLX0_Fl8

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/ShimermanArmin/status/1776420261602181377
this is cool

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

his posh bad guy voice in that one is really fun

he kills his own hot redhead gf (spoiler)... unspeakable evil...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

indigi posted:

All I remember is the guy in the trailer going "I'm gonna kill Aquaman, and his family" the delivery of which made me n my wife lmao so hard we keep quoting it any time we watch a show and someone says "I'm gonna kill X"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Justin Tyme posted:

All I remember is the guy in the trailer going "I'm gonna kill Aquaman, and his family" the delivery of which made me n my wife lmao so hard we keep quoting it any time we watch a show and someone says "I'm gonna kill X"

I don't think I even got to that point in the movie but after the opening narration I was googling "good fight scene Aquaman 2" and "Aquaman 2 Amber Heard FEET?"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The scene in Rogue Nation where Nessun Dorma climaxes and Rebecca Ferguson is in the gown with the sniper rifle while lil Tommy C fights with the bigass alto or bass flautist is some of the best poo poo ever committed to film

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

indigi posted:

The scene in Rogue Nation where Nessun Dorma climaxes and Rebecca Ferguson is in the gown with the sniper rifle while lil Tommy C fights with the bigass alto or bass flautist is some of the best poo poo ever committed to film

Nessun Dorma is great for that. The use of it in The Sum Of All Fears when all the neo-Nazis get murked is great.

But also Ferguson kicking arse in a gown is a chef's kiss.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Shageletic posted:

After the last season finale that was a fraud? Is it any better?

It was such a waste of a good premise, which type of athleticism is objectively "better". Cue 32 hours of holding onto a ball or whatever

it's good. the editing is maybe even worse than season 1 and there are two amerikans in the top 4

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why aren't there more movies in the aborted snyderverse that are contractually mandated to exist? where's cyborg v lobo: legend of the cybercum?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
olivier assayas da goat

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/02/irma-vep-review-alicia-vikander-is-pure-evil-but-in-a-sexy-kind-of-way

quote:

René, the struggling auteur, is determined to stay true to Feuillade’s vision, but the cosmetics corporation financing the project is more interested in making Mira the new face of their perfume brand. Mira wants to be taken seriously, even if her agent is trying to get her to cash in and become the female Silver Surfer.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Redezga posted:

Was thinking about the 1986 Transformers movie, and I know people hate cops more than ever but Prowl catching on fire from the inside and the closeup of the look of horror on his face as smoke and fire started to flow out of his mouth and eye sockets was a far more upsetting death than the Optimus Prime one. I think people just forget that because Instruments of Destruction is rocking so hard over it while it's happening.

The writers always said they never thought about anyone having a problem with characters being killed, they just saw it as clearing out the old product line for the new.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

didn’t they just cast the "if you wanna stop me your gonna have to loving kill MEEEEEE" chick as Silcer Surver

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Action Jacktion posted:

The writers always said they never thought about anyone having a problem with characters being killed, they just saw it as clearing out the old product line for the new.

Apparently Hasbro was dumbfounded by kids being carried from the theatre crying and hastily changed the GI Joe movie's ending so Duke turns out to just be in a coma.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

isn't there a line like "he's gone.... into a coma"

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

indigi posted:

isn't there a line like "he's gone.... into a coma"

Yes, he quickly passes from ordinary unconsciousness into a coma and they can tell that by looking. But they didn't change the animation so you can see he's obviously supposed to be dead.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I liked John Lithgow's performance in that Perry Mason series that came out in like 2020 or so. Shame that got canceled, it had two pretty good seasons.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

he rules so hard

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
Watched Beekeeper tonight.

The action scenes with Jonatham Statham were great. The boring CIA/FBI blah blah blah scenes were boring.

Give Jonatham Statham a good action script for Christ's sake.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Whirling posted:

I liked John Lithgow's performance in that Perry Mason series that came out in like 2020 or so. Shame that got canceled, it had two pretty good seasons.

Really great show.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I watched 3 Body Problem which I thought was bad but watched all of it. Now watching The Gentleman which is bad in a different way and I'm probably gonna watch all of it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Nichael posted:

why aren't there more movies in the aborted snyderverse that are contractually mandated to exist? where's cyborg v lobo: legend of the cybercum?

we got six whole years of "the REAL DC cinematic universe starts... now!" and depending on how things play out with gunn they may not yet have stopped. superman legacy has guy garnder in it and they're adapting that post about superman sobbing as he beats bizzaro to death.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

maybe three ezra millers will finally do it

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

I watched 3 Body Problem which I thought was bad but watched all of it. Now watching The Gentleman which is bad in a different way and I'm probably gonna watch all of it.

Is this like Saltburn?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I watched The Crow last night. Still fun tbh. I think I might download and watch Darkman as a companion piece today

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Darkman is so nuts

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
https://neubauten.bandcamp.com/album/rampen-apm-alien-pop-music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006