Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol there’s a 40 page live thread for mania what the gently caress is wrong with all of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol there’s a 40 page live thread for mania what the gently caress is wrong with all of you

who cares let people watch wrestlemania, narc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
reposting tweets about wwe, posting about wwe angles, giving wwe attention but trying to act cool and not supporting wwe while still consuming wwe content

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

reposting tweets about wwe, posting about wwe angles, giving wwe attention but trying to act cool and not supporting wwe while still consuming wwe content

ya it’s fun to laugh at that stuff it’s funny

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ya it’s fun to laugh at that stuff it’s funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-qL1KfC-0

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

lol there was 2 hours of wrestling on a 4 hour show what the gently caress

Wrestling has moved on beyond the need for matches.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't imagine paying to watch a show with those garish advertisements all over the ring and ringside muchless a show that was apparently that terrible.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

lol there was 2 hours of wrestling on a 4 hour show what the gently caress

Cinemania

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The337th posted:

Cinemania

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Wrestledepression

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

How much of that thread is people who have only tuned in for Mania vs the few, the proud, those who stand up for the WWE?

I purposely stayed out of the thread after initially posting because I wasn't watching and I didn't wanna be too toxic. YOU'RE WELCOME RAPE APOLOGISTS

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I just saw Rock's lovely way too long entrance on twitter and he had a belt for some reason? Which one is that? I don't remember reading about him winning anything

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I just saw Rock's lovely way too long entrance on twitter and he had a belt for some reason? Which one is that? I don't remember reading about him winning anything

Custom title

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Elephant Ambush posted:

he’s da people’s champ

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

I didn't watch the show but there are tons of ways to watch WWE for free and not giving them any meaningful support

I hope that's what everyone was doing

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TheKingslayer posted:

Do the Usos always look like they're moving through molasses now or is that just the high gear they get into for Wrestlemania?

I think that’s just how people in wwe wrestle. Everyone wrestles at half speed.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s been the people’s champion for like 20+ years keep up

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pylons posted:

Custom title

Are you loving serious lmao

Thank you for the answer

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's the final boss belt and it's full of MANA

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Have you ever seen a real Brahman bull? Real creepy looking. Look like a sheep turned into a low level JRPG enemy

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Buddy in discord posted without a shred of irony:

"10/10 Night 1. Wrestling is back."

How true is this?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They are meaty and sweaty which is why they are named after the rock

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Shocking news that Wrestlemania night one wasn't very good. Who could have foreseen this? It doesn't matter, everyone will be back for more slop tonight. I'm sure THIS TIME it'll be different

and the year after that. And the year after that. There really is a sunk cost fallacy with WWE. I think it would be safe to say that most of yall had the same journey with wwe that I did. If you stopped watching it, you hated it long before you stopped and you just kept hoping it would get better. I remember so many disappointments. Angle not beating Cena. Christian not beating Cena. Edge not really beating Cena. Terrible television. Boring matches. Daniel Bryan getting beat in 18 seconds. You would treasure the few things that were good but inevitably that started to suck too.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/AIRGold_/status/1776872465416810937

will ospreay did nothing to punk lol

he is seriously the biggest baby of all time and he has spent the entire week talking about aew instead of the supposed biggest wrestlemania of all time

i sincerely cannot wait for his next meltdown once the “happy to be here” phase wears off

very funny to say when CM Punk’s wife has a tattoo of the date she won the Diva’s Championship of all things

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

On The Internet posted:

How true is this?

Idk how true it is when half the of the four hour show wasn't wrestling

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

On The Internet posted:

How true is this?

Not. And also a lie because there have been good wrestling shows for a decade. It's not the world's fault that your friend doesn't watch NJPW.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

very funny to say when CM Punk’s wife has a tattoo of the date she won the Diva’s Championship of all things

Cm punk having double standards? First I’m hearing about it

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Bard Maddox posted:

And also he has a tattoo of loving Pepsi too

:lmao:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

and the year after that. And the year after that. There really is a sunk cost fallacy with WWE. I think it would be safe to say that most of yall had the same journey with wwe that I did. If you stopped watching it, you hated it long before you stopped and you just kept hoping it would get better. I remember so many disappointments. Angle not beating Cena. Christian not beating Cena. Edge not really beating Cena. Terrible television. Boring matches. Daniel Bryan getting beat in 18 seconds. You would treasure the few things that were good but inevitably that started to suck too.

A friend of mine bootlegged the show and watched some of it because he has a new baby and a ton of time to watch TV while taking care of the kid and all he said about it was "Rhea vs Becky was really good"

That's it. lol

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I thought that the past few years were Night 1 being the good one that got people hyped, and then Night 2 promptly deflating everything?

Does that bode well for the opposite happening this time, or just an all time lovely show, presented to you by Dude Wipes

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

The337th posted:

I thought that the past few years were Night 1 being the good one that got people hyped, and then Night 2 promptly deflating everything?

Does that bode well for the opposite happening this time, or just an all time lovely show, presented to you by Dude Wipes

I think the main event tonight is going to be one of the most psychotic, over-produced things we have ever seen. That could either be a lot of fun or an outright hilarious disaster.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Force ghost of Dusty Rhodes please

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

At this point I would be very interested in hearing what the WWE watchers are getting out of this? Like seriously, honestly: why do you watch?

I'm going to watch the main event tonight (but not pay for it lol), because my 12 year old student still loves WWE and loves Roman Reigns and I want to talk to trash to her Monday about how he lost. Usually I just read here for stuff to connect with her about.

I've tried a lot to get her to watch AEW, but kids are dumb

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

I can't imagine paying to watch a show with those garish advertisements all over the ring and ringside muchless a show that was apparently that terrible.

As a dude I've never had a common sense solution for wiping my rear end in a top hat until an answer presented itself to me on last night's program.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Someone told me he gave it to himself during the Hall Of Fame the night before, I think?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Rhonne posted:

Someone told me he gave it to himself during the Hall Of Fame the night before, I think?

So he's salty that he wasn't going to be the one to beat Roman so he gave himself his own lovely consolation prize

What a loving baby

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

I keep telling myself I was able to quit watching WWE so I should be able to quit being a Washington Wizards fan eventually too. This year has been the closest I've been with that yet :negative:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rhonne posted:

Jesus, looked at the match times. The main event was 44:35(not counting entrances and video packages. The second longest match on the show was only 17:25!

triple paul is fully in control

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

at least the rock belt doesn;t have a giant fat wwe logo on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Rhonne posted:

Muhammad Ali’s widow gave it to him during her HOF speech saying Ali wanted him to have it.