Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Milk is for baby cows. We need cows to make milk so we can make cheese and yogurt. Humans drinking milk? Nah, give it to baby cows. They're the ones who need it until they can make milk themselves so I may have cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The_Franz posted:

Dude is clearly clueless, but the reply that jumps right to calling him a rapist seems uncalled for.

Yea, nothing seems absurd about this other then that. If the dude does more then this then maybe it's something but right now it's pretty harmless.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Brawnfire posted:

First let me ask why they have it in the first place, if they don't use it? Is that common practice?

When it gets old and clotted, they use it to make a Chunky Russian

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 7, 2024

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

Cythereal posted:

How to break to my college-age daughters that I'm dating someone their age??!! Please help

Paragraphs added.

Spy/mail-order bride angles aside, did anyone else get the sense that this one is just an attempt at viral marketing for the site he mentions? I think it's the combination of using "how I found her is pretty interesting" to draw the reader's attention to the thoroughly uninteresting reveal of the site's name and phrases like "chat with real women" that sound like they came straight out of a dating site ad. And the whole "I'm a middle-aged divorced dude and found myself chatting with multiple women including a beautiful Russian girl in her 20s" thing sounds like exactly what these sorts of sites like to portray as the typical user experience.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Atahualpa posted:

Spy/mail-order bride angles aside, did anyone else get the sense that this one is just an attempt at viral marketing for the site he mentions? I think it's the combination of using "how I found her is pretty interesting" to draw the reader's attention to the thoroughly uninteresting reveal of the site's name and phrases like "chat with real women" that sound like they came straight out of a dating site ad. And the whole "I'm a middle-aged divorced dude and found myself chatting with multiple women including a beautiful Russian girl in her 20s" thing sounds like exactly what these sorts of sites like to portray as the typical user experience.

It definitely felt on the glib side whether or not it's an ad, but yeah, it's always pretty suspect when somebody pointedly mentions a specific site in their story.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I think if it was a disguised ad the story would have contained a real life meeting with the definitely not fake girl.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

ad090 posted:

AITAH for telling my parents that they made me chose between paying my student loans and having kids so I had a vasectomy and they will never have grandkids?

Yeah, that vasectomy isn't getting reversed even if OP wanted to since it's been at least 6 years since it happened. That family line is dead unless dad has another child.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

People are really weird and gross about kids that aren't theirs. Like really, you can tell the type of person they are when presented with the idea of a kid or grandkid that "isn't their blood."

I have friends that got a divorce, and the wife's new husband's family refuses to interact with her daughter from the first marriage. She's had three more kids and those are treated like grandkids should be. I hate it and I feel so bad for the little girl, she's an amazing kid. She lives with her dad now.

I generally write people off once they become so worried about their family line. We're all human, my dudes. Get over it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Eletriarnation posted:

I think people conceptualize their children as being in some way a part of them or at least a product of their lives that will outlive them, and see having a lineage as a small sort of immortality in a world where the real thing isn't possible.
This. I'm very likely not to have grandchildren, and it makes me sad. Not because of the Lupin lineage, but because I liked the idea of a little bit of me going on after I'm gone. Like, one of my kids is a social worker and the work they do will help people, so that's also a heritage. But I wanted there to be people who didn't know I ever existed, whose lives still have some infinitesimal sliver of mine.

Needless to say, I don't say poo poo about this to my children.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

The_Franz posted:

Dude is clearly clueless, but the reply that jumps right to calling him a rapist seems uncalled for.

Given my and my friends’ experiences with gamer dudes pursuing them at barcades and pinball tournaments and stuff, yeah he might sound like a weenie but it way too often goes straight to predatory behavior. Don’t give them any credit.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Cerekk posted:

What drink that is ordered more than once a week is made with milk?

(Don't say a White Russian which is made with heavy cream)

an old army buddy and i decided to make the worst drink imaginable and we came up with, and this was a point of contention, called either the pissnipple or nipplepiss, which is a drop shot of tequila into a glass of milk and we were ordering them way more than once a week. turns out they werent horrible.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

limp_cheese posted:

Yeah, that vasectomy isn't getting reversed even if OP wanted to since it's been at least 6 years since it happened. That family line is dead unless dad has another child.

After that "lineage" comment my first thought was that dad is gonna have a breakdown and knock up some woman in a desperate attempt to carry on his "branch of the family tree".

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

After that "lineage" comment my first thought was that dad is gonna have a breakdown and knock up some woman in a desperate attempt to carry on his "branch of the family tree".

Well if they hadn't banned him from his son's hospital room he could have gathered that sperm donation before it was too late.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

littleratbastard posted:

White gilgamesh

50% emmer mead, 50% fermented goat’s milk.

Served in a poor quality copper tankard stamped with Ea-Nasirs seal.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
the fun thing about the milk argument is that the original advice was, correctly, that somebody who is going to freak out about somebody drinking milk is not compatible with a person who will be drinking milk. and apparently that's not acceptable, the only acceptable answer would have been to tell the milk drinker that they are required to stop drinking milk, because y'all can't just let it be, for pages and pages

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Desert Bus posted:

Milk is for baby cows. We need cows to make milk so we can make cheese and yogurt. Humans drinking milk? Nah, give it to baby cows. They're the ones who need it until they can make milk themselves so I may have cheese.

Have you seen modern dairy cows ? They produce so much milk that occasionally the processed milk is used for fertilizer rather than have the bottom fall out of the Milk market due to a glut

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

InediblePenguin posted:

the fun thing about the milk argument is that the original advice was, correctly, that somebody who is going to freak out about somebody drinking milk is not compatible with a person who will be drinking milk. and apparently that's not acceptable, the only acceptable answer would have been to tell the milk drinker that they are required to stop drinking milk, because y'all can't just let it be, for pages and pages

I don’t know if you know this but goons are the weird alcoholics in this story.

They are that guy

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

quantumwell posted:

Have you seen modern dairy cows ? They produce so much milk that occasionally the processed milk is used for fertilizer rather than have the bottom fall out of the Milk market due to a glut

We need fewer cows yes. That is an incontestable point. Forests turned to mud and methane and beef yay!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

counterpoint: everyone should have a pet cow

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Realizing cows play made me eat many fewer cows. The only way to curb the beef industry is for people to start having them as pets. Once people see a cow play with a yoga ball they won't be able to eat them. Bim bam, problem solved.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

We need fewer cows yes. That is an incontestable point. Forests turned to mud and methane and beef yay!

I’ll do my part, if I see someone drinking milk in a bar I will fight them.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

Realizing cows play made me eat many fewer cows. The only way to curb the beef industry is for people to start having them as pets. Once people see a cow play with a yoga ball they won't be able to eat them. Bim bam, problem solved.

Cows have friends. Imaging killing your friend. Bet ya can't do it.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for kicking my brother's stepson out?

quote:

my brother has a 14yo daughter Rosa. he recently married a woman who has a 16yo son Kai.

some backstory is that Rosa's mom left her when she was 9. she is in therapy but the damage was done and she is very insecure and thinks no one loves her and we are all gonna leave her even though we constantly assure her that we are not going anywhere.

when my brother got married he told us that Kai doesn't have any family other than her mom and asked us to welcome him in our family. we have been trying.

yesterday I invited everyone over. the kids were in my son's room playing with his PS5. 30 mins later my son came downstairs and asked me to come comfort Rosa because she is crying. apparently Rosa and Kai got in a fight and Kai told Rosa that her mom was right to leave her and everyone will do the same eventually.

I told my SIL to take that little POS and leave my house. I told them they are not welcome at my home ever again and the rest of my siblings also said the same. my brother also told her that Rosa and him will not be leaving and told her to take a taxi.

she started yelling at me and called me an rear end in a top hat and said I never react this way when Rosa is the one being mean. I told her to get out again and they left

Wow, that seems like a really lovely thing to say to someone. What exactly prompted Kai to say that to her?

OP posted:

apparently Rosa told him something about every one of us only tolerating him out of pity. I don't know that's what my son says

redditor posted:

Well, that was an equally mean thing for her to say to him. Sounds like they both need to apologize to each other.

OP posted:

no this wasn't equal. she was messing around, he was being cruel

redditor posted:

YTA. What he did was terrible. What she did was terrible. Deciding that she was messing around and he wasn't, you did EXACTLY what Rosa said. You tolerated him until he did something you didn't like. Rosa started that poo poo show.

Both kids need therapy and, from what it sounds like, adults who act like adults.

OP posted:

no we don't know who started it that was just what my son heard. if I have to guess I say Josh (sic) started it because Rosa is usually a nice kid

OP posted:

oh please he went from having no family and no money to having a family and a rich stepdad. Rosa is the one who has to deal with terrible changes

OP really let her mask slip off there.

The kids should apologize to each other. But man, the adults really failed the kids. OP (and her brother) suck worst of all

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Desert Bus posted:

They loving like pets. There is a whole industry dedicated to making machines that pet cows. How can you eat a thing that likes pets??????

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

They loving like pets. There is a whole industry dedicated to making machines that pet cows. How can you eat a thing that likes pets??????

With a steak knife usually.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hughlander posted:

I also like them ground up and formed into a patty, and then grilled

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Hughlander posted:

:(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Desert Bus posted:

I like beef. :colbert:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I couldn't live in a world without pho or beef bulgogi or burgers

The cows will have their revenge posthumously as they raise my cholesterol

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Beef should be raised better and be more expensive. I'm never going to advocate for a Cowpocalypse. Horses can die off for all I care, but there are all sorts of nifty Bovines.

Fewer better more expensive cows.

Edit: I wanna eat an Aurochs OK?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Desert Bus posted:

Fewer better more expensive cows.

This is the answer. I feel the same way about gasoline.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would eat lab grown meat, but only if its infused with artificial memories of what living like a cow would have been.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I want lab grown meat because I would feel bad eating an actual panda or dolphin etc. and I hope someday this can be achieved.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

DemoneeHo posted:

The cows will have their revenge posthumously as they raise my cholesterol

Not so fast Bessie, I take statins!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Desert Bus posted:

My father in law bought two piglets that they named cutlets and schnitzel, and raised them for a couple of years before having their kids help slaughter and butcher them. Apparently they were named that so the kids wouldn't get too attached.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

binge crotching posted:

My father in law bought two piglets that they named cutlets and schnitzel, and raised them for a couple of years before having their kids help slaughter and butcher them. Apparently they were named that so the kids wouldn't get too attached.

You're a hot dog centaur, do you ever worry about being eaten?

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Samovar posted:

A whole pint of milk? That's... A lot of milk.

...though I suppose people order soft drinks in pint glass size. And even then I think that's way too much.

Probably just me being weird, then.

A pint IS a lot of milk.

I rarely finished it and usually left about half in the glass sitting in front of me. I consider spending a few bucks on a drink that I won’t finish worth it for the entertainment value alone.

Plus I get strong bones.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Counterpoint: a pint is two cups which is really hardly any milk at all. Not like, say, a quart which is also easily finish-able by one person. Especially if it's chocolate or strawberry.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

the last time I asked for coffee at a bar I asked for some milk to put in it and the dude handed me a cup of coffee and a pint of milk so best of both worlds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

milk talk:

A glass of Milo, or a tall glass of strawberry Big M is a top notch way to stary the morning.

And I would look admiringly upon anybody ordering either in a bar.

Edit: Do Americans have Milo? If not then I weep for your god forsaken wasteland of a country