Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

CPColin posted:

I said the real First Contact Day

(Q fingering the goo)

Perfection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"The real First Contact"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

:supaburn: Hell yeah

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Right, first contact.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

Right, first contact.

Why did budget Steve McQueen have the Interocitor? Was he an alien or from the future?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

IIRC he was a descendant of human abductees raised by aliens.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

IIRC he was a descendant of human abductees raised by aliens.

Must of been wild ride for what some 1890's(?) folk. "Hey how neat do those new electric lamp things we've been hearing about. Would be rahter nice to visit a big city and see one, one day! Oh hey,.... wait how did I get here??? why am I suddenly in space???"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It was more like Stargate, they were abducted in 4000 BC.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

It was more like Stargate, they were abducted in 4000 BC.

What weirdo aliens. I think TOS era definitely had the most weirdo aliens about, just doing their own thing.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pretty sure TNG's Mark Twain shenanigans pre-dates the Ferengi/Roswell fiasco. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

AlternateNu posted:

Pretty sure TNG's Mark Twain shenanigans pre-dates the Ferengi/Roswell fiasco. :colbert:

Hadn't Guinan already been on earth for quite a while before that?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Pelia's whole deal means there were aliens with Pythagoras.

Also, I just watched Angel One. Matriarchy! Plague! Romulans! This episode had everything, well except the Romulans. But that's ok because the plot kept reminding you that they were just off screen.

I kind of love how we've had multiple episodes where the thing that should be the main focus of an episode is practically a parody of itself in the B-plot.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

Also Apollo and his family were aliens anyway.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

Also, I just watched Angel One. Matriarchy! Plague! Romulans! This episode had everything, well except the Romulans. But that's ok because the plot kept reminding you that they were just off screen.

I kind of love how we've had multiple episodes where the thing that should be the main focus of an episode is practically a parody of itself in the B-plot.

Isn't Pelia native to Earth, just not human?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

A.o.D. posted:

Isn't Pelia native to Earth, just not human?
Yes

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

What, aren't they long lived aliens that just happen to live on earth?? When did they tell us they're native?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

OK I had to look it up and they have not definitively said that they are native to Earth. But apparently Pelia herself has been on Earth since Ancient Greece.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

FlamingLiberal posted:

OK I had to look it up and they have not definitively said that they are native to Earth. But apparently Pelia herself has been on Earth since Ancient Greece.

Yes, someone already said that (The greece bit)

Really it's kinda silly, I feel like it's a HUGE thing that's quite in the background

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

She was barely in this last season, which was kind of a problem when she was the new character on the show. I'm not sure if that was scheduling problems with the actress or what.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

All the Greek gods were canonically aliens. Also the Aztec gods I think. Also Satan.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Actual Satan posted:

All the Greek gods were canonically aliens. Also the Aztec gods I think. Also Satan.

Hey this isn't the stargate thread.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

If it was someone might point out that the Goa'uld weren't any Aztec gods. Possibly because the civilization never existed before they left Earth.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

If it was someone might point out that the Goa'uld weren't any Aztec gods. Possibly because the civilization never existed before they left Earth.

The proto-Toltecs, then.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I met Jonathan Frakes today and he’s every bit as friendly and charming in person as people say. I gave him one of the silly Riker meme blockprints I’d done years ago and in return he refused to let me pay for the autograph and selfie he gave me. Just an all-around super nice chill dude, 10/10 would meet again.

He’s also taller than I thought.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I met Jonathan Frakes today and he’s every bit as friendly and charming in person as people say. I gave him one of the silly Riker meme blockprints I’d done years ago and in return he refused to let me pay for the autograph and selfie he gave me. Just an all-around super nice chill dude, 10/10 would meet again.

He’s also taller than I thought.

Can you remember the tallest man you've ever seen?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Angry Salami posted:

Can you remember the tallest man you've ever seen?

I thought it was hilarious that there was a Beyond Belief promo shot among all the 8x10s he had available to sign.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I thought it was hilarious that there was a Beyond Belief promo shot among all the 8x10s he had available to sign.

Not a chance.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

Not a chance.

We made it up.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

She was barely in this last season, which was kind of a problem when she was the new character on the show. I'm not sure if that was scheduling problems with the actress or what.
I think they just needed a placeholder engineer to get us to Scotty, and didn't want to devote too much screentime to her.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Knormal posted:

I think they just needed a placeholder engineer to get us to Scotty, and didn't want to devote too much screentime to her.

Then they shouldn't have killed Hemmer. :mad:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I love me some Carol Kane, but that accent they're having her do is just the worst.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I love me some Carol Kane, but that accent they're having her do is just the worst.

She asked to do it. 100% her decision, and they said yes. Probably because they'll let her do whatever she wants because she's Carol Kane.

And I also can't stand the accent. Carol Kane is awesome but the accent is grating and ridiculous.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Atlas Hugged posted:

Thiiiiiiissssssss

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Atlas Hugged posted:

You want an odd Kane performance? See Norman Loves Rose.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fighting Trousers posted:

Then they shouldn't have killed Hemmer. :mad:
Agreed, he was my favorite new character and I wish he stuck around longer

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if carol kane shows up and tells you she wants to do an accent, you let carol kane do the accent

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Squizzle posted:

if carol kane shows up and tells you she wants to do an accent, you let carol kane do the accent

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

They didn't even cast her. She just walked on set and started talking engineering stuff and everyone had to improv around her.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i wish madeline kahn were alive enough to play a character in snw too. imagine her and kane bouncing performances off one another while anson mount does a series of pikefaces in the background of the shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pelia's accent is great.