Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Baiard posted:

Now what? Uninstall?

Bugs
Bugs bugs
Bugs bugs bugs

We need more oil, I mean e-710.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Think I'm gonna switch to Quasar once the bots are done. I've been meaning to try it, but someone really needs to bring AC for Bot missions or they can get hairy real quick.

Not gonna lie, I kinda hate the quasar on bugs. With bots it's a lot easier to find three second to charge it compared to having a charger running right at your face.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Did they up how many samples we can hold? I thought it was 500/250/50 but I'm now holding 53 ultra rares.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tommy the Newt posted:

Yeah I know they aren't permanently removing bots, it's just a question of when.

i'd guess anywhere between 1 to 24 hours

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

BitBasher posted:

Did they up how many samples we can hold? I thought it was 500/250/50 but I'm now holding 53 ultra rares.

it's 500/250/100

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
My guess is tomorrow there's going to be a new little mini Major Order to liberate a bug planet or two. Then on Thursday, either the Automatons are going to launch a huge new offensive in the north or the Illuminate are going to be added.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I think the illuminate are at least another month or 2 away, depending on how long the next phases of the narrative last for. Things are definitely about to get more interesting though.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Man, I am SO red in the face right now!
Like, all we needed to do to break the cycle of violence was one last immense act of violence. Duh, we should have tried that ages ago!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sure am tired of all these robot wars. glad that's all over forever.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

1stGear posted:

My guess is tomorrow there's going to be a new little mini Major Order to liberate a bug planet or two. Then on Thursday, either the Automatons are going to launch a huge new offensive in the north or the Illuminate are going to be added.

Defeatism and conspiracy theories :sad:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
New order already popped!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

New order already popped!

day and a half to get three planets. Even with the momentum that seems a stretch (especially because players are likely to split apart)

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Gorelab posted:

Not gonna lie, I kinda hate the quasar on bugs. With bots it's a lot easier to find three second to charge it compared to having a charger running right at your face.

if you have a charger running at your face, just charge the quasar and blow the charger's head off. the quasar is absolutely incredible against bugs, you can just delete chargers at will.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
That most recent dispatch mentions beefing up the bugs with 'state of the art nutritional supplements", this can only be good news for Super Earth, surely.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That most recent dispatch mentions beefing up the bugs with 'state of the art nutritional supplements", this can only be good news for Super Earth, surely.

brawndo has what bugs crave

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Owlbear Camus posted:

brawndo has what bugs crave

:hmmyes:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Baiard posted:

Now what? Uninstall?

Yup

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Man, my game is all buggy now. What happened?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Reiley posted:

New non-automaton major order overloaded the auth servers most likely.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Looks like the bugs have infiltrated our defense departments

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Reiley posted:

We defeated the bots, only the bugs are left. You are correct in your statement.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Looking forward to whatever beefy new bugs we get.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
It's just gonna be one really big bug.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Super Earth on the aftermath of fighting the Bots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpOIPb1_aCU

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 7, 2024

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Infinitum posted:

The Goon Helldiving Experience: Dropping in directly next to a Factory Strider on a 12min blitz

:mcnally:

THAT PART OF THE MAP WAS CLEAR :argh:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

day and a half to get three planets. Even with the momentum that seems a stretch (especially because players are likely to split apart)

I dunno, Helldivers.io says Etsanu is 8 hours away from being freed and I feel like its just going to snowball from there since the entire playerbase is now focused on the bugs.

Seems like an easy win to me.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

FunkyFjord posted:

Looking forward to whatever beefy new bugs we get.

Give me graboids

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lol @ the automaton label on the map migrating towards cyberstan

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I was with a team and we are waiting for the dropship. However, we are fighting a horde of bugs and we have no reinforcements left. We are already down one. I am running away from a large pack, including a Bile Titan, and i realize I am basically kiting them. I am on my last stims, and I have a Eagle Airstrike.

So I figure to make it a viking funeral. I drop the airstrike right at my feet and leap into the horde. :black101:

I like to think that managed to kill the Titan. In any case, my teammates managed to get out and I got my The Power of Democracy achievement.

Also, does the liberation counter only go up if you complete an operation? Or do individual missions contribute?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Does cyberstan have that urban biome that's been datamined? Been looking forward to seeing one of those in action

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Did helldivers 1 have any exceedingly large enemies? we got big weapons, but now we need bigger weapons for bigger enemies!

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

You'd think there'd be a bit more fanfare for genociding all robots. Also people who like playing against them just... can't I guess while the rest of this resolves. They should create like a VR planet or something for this.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Black Noise posted:

THAT PART OF THE MAP WAS CLEAR :argh:
I'm starting to take to dropping straight on sub or main objectives. At least I know what I'm in for.

Anytime I pick a clear spot on the map I drop into a radar jammer and eye of sauron absolutely nuking my squad.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Personally having contributed heavily to democracy by relentlessly battling hulks, gunships and tanks for weeks I am glad to see the back of them for now and go back to squishing bugs

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

Did helldivers 1 have any exceedingly large enemies? we got big weapons, but now we need bigger weapons for bigger enemies!

Yes, each faction had a sort of boss-level enemy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Finally remembered to try the ballistic shield before the bots were destroyed forever to see how it feels now. Verdict: pretty good. It's certainly satisfying to walk up to heavy devastators and pop them in the face with your defender or senator.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Mazerunner posted:

They didn't split as much as you may think. 236k on Estanu alone. 82k Crimsica, 39k Hellmire.

People congregate where the environment is the least poo poo to fight on, apparently :v:

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

There were boss fights, yes.

Janissary Hop posted:

You'd think there'd be a bit more fanfare for genociding all robots. Also people who like playing against them just... can't I guess while the rest of this resolves. They should create like a VR planet or something for this.

That would be undemocratic. Let someone not fight int he war?!!?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sindai posted:

Finally remembered to try the ballistic shield before the bots were destroyed forever to see how it feels now. Verdict: pretty good. It's certainly satisfying to walk up to heavy devastators and pop them in the face with your defender or senator.

Yeah, Ballistic Shield is super good against bots now, even protects your back while you're wielding a two-hander. Definitely a great pick against the now extinct automatons.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's crazy how hard it is to find info on stuff from Helldivers 1 now, lol. Pretty sure the bones of those sandy, wormy looking things you see around sometimes were one of the big bosses for the Terminids in that game.

Edit: Do you not drop the shield anymore any time you trip on something? I thought people didn't like the shield because it didn't really stick to you and went flying every time you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

explosivo posted:

It's crazy how hard it is to find info on stuff from Helldivers 1 now, lol. Pretty sure the bones of those sandy, wormy looking things you see around sometimes were one of the big bosses for the Terminids in that game.

Edit: Do you not drop the shield anymore any time you trip on something? I thought people didn't like the shield because it didn't really stick to you and went flying every time you did.

Yeah, they fixed that. It was pretty annoying.