Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/07/sunday-preview-green-or-gold/

Next week is going to be a double helping of codex releases, as both the new Ork and Custodes codexes go up for pre-order.

And a new Combat Patrol box to go alongside that:

Then both new models have their own battleforce boxes as well.

Pretty sure the Custodes one is just the majority of the models of the line. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
From the video it looks like Trajann loses his fights first bonus, and his ignore modifiers abililty now only works on WS/BS. Meanwhile Ghaz gains a sweep attack profile and can give his unit 5+ crits.

Ork players: Waaaaagh, Custodes players: Waaaaaaaa

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Huh, I guess someone at GW noticed it'd take 17 years to release all the armies if they didn't get a move on.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Guess they're clearing the way for Sigmar 4th by dropping both at the same time.

Still have Chaos and Sisters to go?

xtothez posted:

Ork players: Waaaaagh, Custodes players: Waaaaaaaa

:hmmorks:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

4th is still 2-3 months away.
This is probably just them catching up after held up shipping due to various crises around the world.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh forgot Genestealers, and there's still the redacted (agents of imperium).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah Chaos Space Marines is the last of the ones they had on the roadmap last summer just after 10th came out (I think? It might have been just before, whichever) and they added Sisters, Genestealers and the mystery one sometime after that much later in the year and I guess we'll see them in June/July. Does put a bit of a time limit on the Genestealers combat patrol, not looking forward to seeing the replacement cause it's basically the thing that makes GSC semi alright to collect right now. Supposedly they are getting a battlebox for the release that's going to have 2 rock grinders, some abberants and 20 neophytes which would be... alright I guess as a limited time thing if they make the rock grinders better in the codex.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
According to blurry screenshots of the preview video, some Ork datasheets are going bye-bye:

Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field (makes sense)
Boss Zagstruk (don't know how much use this gets, but sucks for stormboy lovers)
Kaptin Badrukk (a criminal loving injustice!)
Mad Dok Grotsnik
Mekboy Workshop
Nob on Smash Squig (could just run as a squighog boy now)
Nob with Waagh! Banner (i have one and don't run it that often, but sucks to see it go)

Couldn't they just have nerfed badrukk instead of killing him? Lame.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well traitor legionaries are probably going to get a week to themselves what with them getting two boxes.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Nob on Smash Squig (could just run as a squighog boy now)

odd one to get rid of considering every squighog boy box has a Nob on Smasha Squig in it and hes even in the new Combat Patrol box, maybe they're just turning him into a Sergeant for the unit?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

ro5s posted:

Huh, I guess someone at GW noticed it'd take 17 years to release all the armies if they didn't get a move on.

It's not like their dependence on having material printed in China isn't causing massive delays to their production or anything. They're just lazy!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lazy isn't the word I'd use to describe someone refusing to move on from printed media.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Do they make their sprues in China now or is this just where the massive auto-printoriums are presently located?

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

odd one to get rid of considering every squighog boy box has a Nob on Smasha Squig in it and hes even in the new Combat Patrol box, maybe they're just turning him into a Sergeant for the unit?
I think that's what's happening to most of what they're "removing", they're just being rolled into other datasheets.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lore nerd question: what does heraldry for vanguard space marines look like

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Nessus posted:

Do they make their sprues in China now or is this just where the massive auto-printoriums are presently located?

Sprue production, except for some terrain, is done in the UK at their factory. Any print material is done in China. It's also been the source for the latest bunch of leaks.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

All the important plastic is made in Nottingham. Some big terrain parts were made in China but I think only cardboard and paper is made in China now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

StashAugustine posted:

They more or less look like all the other space marines?

I don’t think they have any particular unique colours or markings (except the Hounds of Morkai). But ultimately they’re your models so it’s really your decision. I know some people paint the vanguard marines in camouflage for example.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Just saying, I'm still waiting for them to get that Old World rule book to north america, I'm not complaining because I like to.

Sure it was an impressive combination of unexpected disasters that happened there what with mother nature, but maybe games-workshop should take a hint.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's a lot of things going into that decision though. Sales are really good right now and no one ever wants to rock that boat. Printing paper and cardboard boxes is substantially cheaper there than in the west, like 50% cheaper just for any Joe Schmoe doing their own comics. I imagine it's even better for a big corp like GW. They also have to consider and make a bet on whether current conditions will get better or worse in the next 5-10 years. Plus they're probably locked into a contract order for the entire edition.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
How's this for a casual/fluffy blood Angels successors 1k list:

Captain with Jump Pack
10x assault intercessors with jump pack

Lemartes
5x Death co with Jump Pack

Invader ATV
3x Outriders

Redemptor Dread
Stormspeeder Hailstrike

My local shop still has some of the Spearhead Forces boxes, so based on that plus some vehicles and Lemartes. Stay fast, stay mobile, maybe deep strike with death co. Any obvious issues?

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Couldn't they just have nerfed badrukk instead of killing him? Lame.

It’s not a balance thing, he’s a resin model. All those named characters are.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

sharkmafia posted:

You all know a good white model paint? My experience with citadel paints has been mostly good, but i'm getting tired of corax white's bullshit. And unfortunately I need to use it a lot because my past self made my admech's primary color scheme green/white with silver/brass metal.

Someone else recommended Vallejo Sky Grey - I use their Ghost Grey, and basically anything like that should do. A very light grey looks identical to pure white unless there actually is pure white present to contrast it. And of course you can still highlight up to pure white if you want that look.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Waaagh! banner nob is also resin, so maybe that's the reason it also is going away.

But does that mean the weirdboy/psyker is also missing in the new army book, because that's kit is resin too?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lostconfused posted:

The Waaagh! banner nob is also resin, so maybe that's the reason it also is going away.

But does that mean the weirdboy/psyker is also missing in the new army book, because that's kit is resin too?

What's funny is that a lot of people have been using a plastic AOS savage ork model as weirdboys for a while now, and that range is now getting dropped.

However Weirdboy is still listed in the codex contents page, so either the official 40k resin model looks to be staying around a while longer and/or they plan to replace it with a plastic version before 11th edition rolls around.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

xtothez posted:

What's funny is that a lot of people have been using a plastic AOS savage ork model as weirdboys for a while now, and that range is now getting dropped.

However Weirdboy is still listed in the codex contents page, so either the official 40k resin model looks to be staying around a while longer and/or they plan to replace it with a plastic version before 11th edition rolls around.

if you're thinking of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference shaman, it's not one of the AoS savage ork faction or being retired

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
This is the superior model base for a weirdboy conversion:
https://www.warhammer.com/en-US/shop/orc-goblin-tribes-troll-hag-2024?queryID=b44892b0f82822b8eb477096f95725c6

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
if you can fit that on a 40mm i'll concede the game out of respect

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I was kinda hoping they would have some sort of Weirdboss, given all the psychic awakening stuff. One of the Dawn of Fire books has a Weirdboss with a noctolith weapon.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

peer posted:

if you can fit that on a 40mm i'll concede the game out of respect

I'm gonna pick one up when it's back in stock and do my damnedest. I'm thinking it might just fit if you cut off the head, legs, and stick arm and reposition it so it's more upright and holding the staff up.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

StashAugustine posted:

My Ultramarines Vanguard wear grey armor but preserve the Codex heraldry. Camo on cloaks though.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I'm gonna pick one up when it's back in stock and do my damnedest. I'm thinking it might just fit if you cut off the head, legs, and stick arm and reposition it so it's more upright and holding the staff up.

I genuinely don’t think it will, that thing is enormous. It’s like Redemptor-sized.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I genuinely don’t think it will, that thing is enormous. It’s like Redemptor-sized.

Oh man that's awesome. I'll use it as a dnd monster if it's too huge to reasonably stick on a 40mm base.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I thought you were joking after the post about cutting it up. The hag is huge. It comes on a 60x100mm base and is roughly equivalent to a giant in-game. And it's a wizard.

You can kind of get a sense of how huge it is from these promo shots:

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
Crossposting from the painting thread:

Decorus posted:

A friend of mine gave me the special Kasrkin sergeant model as a present. I decided to give him a small team to lead as well, using unused prototypes for veteran/stormtrooper kitbashes I had laying around.

The sergeant model is really cool, though I hosed up his face a bit. My highlights got too thich, so he looks like a burn victim now.

Trying to paint good-looking camouflage was a lot of fun. I'm really happy with the results, though this five man squad took me a whole month to finish, at 1+ hours a night. :)

Closeup of the rest of the team here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/0m2FibC

I look forward to deploying these idiots and watching them die immediately in my next game. Spending 30 hours to paint a 55 point squad of expendable troops wasn't a very efficient use of my time. :)

I did finally manage to get a 1k game in last week, vs Tau. It was really fun to bring out some real armour, even though I lost badly. Essentially tabled on turn 3, mostly due to my suicidally aggressive advance into the teeth of enemy fire.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Safety Factor posted:

Oh, I thought you were joking after the post about cutting it up. The hag is huge. It comes on a 60x100mm base and is roughly equivalent to a giant in-game. And it's a wizard.

Holy poo poo. I love it. Definitely too big for a weirdboy.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Safety Factor posted:

Please tell me that is a giant piece of pewter.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Virtual Russian posted:

Nope! It was always a FW resin model and has been brought back in that material. It was part of their short-lived WHFB range with the Tamurkhan and Monstrous Arcanum books.

There were a bunch of cool monster sculpts from that era like the merwyrm, basilisk, magma dragon, etc., etc. It's too bad it didn't take off. The books were excellent.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 8, 2024

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Tamurkhan was peak forgeworld nonsense rules with the ogre chaos lord on dragon and the unkillable chaos dwarf monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

no, it's a forge world original