Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Fishmasher posted:

for some reason you give them money though, and it washes everything away to the point defenders will literally say "yeah but they're rich though" as if that's all that ever needs to be said

No, they support him because they'll get their agenda adopted under Trump and they won't under Biden, and they don't give a single gently caress about any of Trump's actions. In fact they're all for it because the press will be all over Trump and will ignore everything else going on. Just look at what the federal government did pre-covid from 2017-2019. That's what they want, and that's what they'll be voting for. Trump can do whatever narcissistic things he wants as long as conservatives get more federal judges, lower taxes, and rollbacks in public education, environment, and a hundred other things that Trump himself doesn't give a single poo poo about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Replies

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1776990053778043365

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

:lol: grandpa Pugsley Addams

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

saintonan posted:

No, they support him because they'll get their agenda adopted under Trump and they won't under Biden, and they don't give a single gently caress about any of Trump's actions. In fact they're all for it because the press will be all over Trump and will ignore everything else going on. Just look at what the federal government did pre-covid from 2017-2019. That's what they want, and that's what they'll be voting for. Trump can do whatever narcissistic things he wants as long as conservatives get more federal judges, lower taxes, and rollbacks in public education, environment, and a hundred other things that Trump himself doesn't give a single poo poo about.
It’s also why Netanyahu and Putin back him.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

We're those supposed to be pull-ups?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

lmao wtf are those pull ups and sit ups.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

what in the blue blazes

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Where are the goons from the previous thread to defend this exercise form? I'd like a breakdown, please.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

someone found a new effect in adobe premiere! (or capcut i guess)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That’s what CrossFit looks like, the form is often horrible.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Tai posted:

lmao wtf are those pull ups and sit ups.

They call it cross fit, so it's really uncomfortable to do, looks stupid, increase the risk of injury and aren't better that regular ones

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

✝️fit

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Anders posted:

They call it cross fit, so it's really uncomfortable to do, looks stupid, increase the risk of injury and aren't better that regular ones

Is crossfit different in the US? The pullups and situps are supposed to be controlled both up and down. You don't flail your arms/legs to make it easier which negates the muscle(s) you are supposed to be working out.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Tai posted:

Is crossfit different in the US? The pullups and situps are supposed to be controlled both up and down. You don't flail your arms/legs to make it easier which negates the muscle(s) you are supposed to be working out.

nah that's how they do it at the crossfit championships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3rFDPyhg9w&t=237s

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
She’s just barely doing any work and flailing around and dropping the bar thinking that the showier her workout is, the better it is. I think.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Stink Billyums posted:

Big lol.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://i.imgur.com/3Q8tbv5.mp4

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Stink Billyums posted:

Sorry, I'm thinking of circuit training. Got confused!

Also this is so dumb and the chance of serious injury is pretty high with using momentum and strength along with not controlling your descent with strength.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Imagine the men doing those CrossFit moves nude with a well greased erect penis and you will have a better understanding of CrossFit

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

https://twitter.com/BMeiselas/status/1777068819586195758

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Strong Sauce posted:

someone found a new effect in adobe premiere! (or capcut i guess)

No they just got out the fx from the 60's Batman series

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:classiclol:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I can't get over how loving dumb this is

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Tai posted:

I can't get over how loving dumb this is

Cross fit is one of those things where you think it can't possibly be as dumb as people make it out to be but it is, in fact, worse.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Monica Bellucci posted:

Cross fit is one of those things where you think it can't possibly be as dumb as people make it out to be but it is, in fact, worse.

Because the average target of Crossfit is wannabe UFC fans who are paying outrageous prices to take a Crossfit course.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Monica Bellucci posted:

the crossfit to bitcoin pipeline is basically 1:1 for this exact reason

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tai posted:

Sorry, I'm thinking of circuit training. Got confused!

Also this is so dumb and the chance of serious injury is pretty high with using momentum and strength along with not controlling your descent with strength.
yeah I think the original idea was it was more important to get people in the habit of exercising rather than making sure they do it precisely right the first time, but people immediately interpreted that as technique doesn't matter and now crossfit technique is just whatever shortcuts let you do a less strenuous workout at the long-term expense of your body.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

ma'am we're gonna have to ask you and your ghost friends to leave Planet Fitness if you can't put the weights down quietly

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Cross fit starts making a modicum of sense once you realize that it optimizes for feeling like you're getting a good workout in, at the expense of the workout's usefulness.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Tai posted:

Is crossfit different in the US?

It looks that dumb here in Europe too

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
A recent wild Trump lol.

An acquaintance posted on Facebook about how scared she is about the possibility of Trump being elected again and her cousin Kramered in to say how she should be relieved because of how he's such a strong advocate for good, especially women.

When I responded about his desire of gently caress his daughter, the rape conviction and "grab 'em by the pussy", she asked me to provide proof of any of that because people say bad things about Trump all the time without any proof.

After confirming with her that she was actually serious about never hearing any of that, ESPECIALLY "grab the by the pussy", I sent her all the links a cursory google search could provide making sure that they included sound clips of him saying these things.

Fully expecting her to just call them deepfakes, she went an unexpected route.

She told me first that all the men in her family have said and likely done worse things than that and she still loves them.

The she told me that she is confident that if she scrolls through my Facebook history, she will easily be able to find examples of me also being a hypocrite and if I didn't drop this Trump bashing now, she would dig it up and show everyone.

When I asked her if she really thinks my problem with the examples I sent her was Trump being a hypocrite and if she has ever considered telling the police about her family's admission to rape and "worse" she blocked me.

I've been in constant fear she is going to out my hypocrisy any day now

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sorry to derail the Crossfit thread but here's Trump

lol the Saudi golf league that funnels Trump money

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

kazil posted:

Sorry to derail the Crossfit thread but here's Trump

lol the Saudi golf league that funnels Trump money

Golf is the worst and every course should be converted into public housing. I'd like to see somebody buy one of his lovely properties at fire sale prices and do just that.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

That’s what CrossFit looks like, the form is often horrible.

cross fit is a conspiracy by orthopedic surgeons to get more people to destroy their knees and spines

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

NoiseAnnoys posted:

cross fit is a conspiracy by orthopedic surgeons to get more people to destroy their knees and spines

Like that weird downward hummock skiing sport.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That reminds me, I need to setup a camera to record my workout tomorrow, then take the time to trim it down to a clip, then post it to this thread with some "live, laugh, love" bullshit in hopes of impressing everyone. I am not a crackpot.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Nothing says faith in our lord and savior like throwing heavy things at your garage floor

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I'm starting to think that Trump may have slightly exaggerated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Faith and Cross-Fit go hand in hand. You kinda need to believe in a higher power to risk that sort of injury.