Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

...Yeah uh. I think Sandy just TMI'd himself.

that was shell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Zoya posted:

wait, did scum steal a zander before? did hal actually say what fish they stole from him?

No. But there are three unclaimed fish D1: Whitefish, Zander and Pike. I think Meen tried to mason me because I got a result that my masonbud was dead - that takes off the Whitefish.

So Opop could have either Zander or Pike, but the other is with scum. Claiming fake Pike (track) results made way more sense than claiming fake Zander (random) results. Therefore I think Opop died with the Pike (if he had anything) and the unclaimed Zander went to scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I had the biggest pike yesterday?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Zoya posted:

that was shell

love to write posts no one reads

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

also there were seven fish turned in and 8 players left. Zoya's claiming a theft.

So either someone got two winning fish and isn't saying anything or we've got our fish thief cornered.

Zoya posted:

that was shell

gently caress me I can't read

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So either someone got two winning fish and isn't saying anything or we've got our fish thief cornered.

Explain it to me like I’m dumb

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

wait, did scum steal a zander before? did hal actually say what fish they stole from him?

Hal did say they stole... salmon I think? But it wasn't too big, and he'd have known if his was the winning one, weights match, so I think it makes sense to trust him there. Claimed Salmon haver was shwinn, who also claimed to have forgotten to use it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

also there were seven fish turned in and 8 players left. Zoya's claiming a theft.

gently caress me I can't read

No one can have two winning fish.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

7 fish and 8 players left makes it so either scum can kill and use a fish, or we can mostly corner up the scum by looking at claims. So knowing what everyone did and why is interesting.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

Explain it to me like I’m dumb

So. There's eight players and we had seven winning fish entries.

Five players are all claiming to have one winning fish, and we've mostly been able to verify the actions taken with them already.

Shell had the doctor fish, used it on herself. Cube had the watcher fish and watched Shell, seeing a self visit.
I had the roleblock fish, used it on you. YOu confirmed that you were roleblocked and claimed use of the tracking fish.
Binus had the masonry fish and used it on me. We're in an unconfirmed masonry now.

So that leaves two remaining fish.

The Goldfish (fishcop?) and the Roulette fish.

Zoya is claiming to have had the largest roulette fish but that it was stolen before she could turn it in.

Hal is claiming no winning fish

TMor has not shown up.

So our murderer is in that group. If Hal and Zoya are telling the truth about previous thefts, that means TMor is the thief. And that's 3 people with two of them claiming no wins. So either A. One of the five confirmed fish has a second fish they aren't disclosing or B. One of Hal or Zoya is lying.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shellception posted:

7 fish and 8 players left makes it so either scum can kill and use a fish, or we can mostly corner up the scum by looking at claims. So knowing what everyone did and why is interesting.

Oh. I missed that. So yeah one of Hal or Zoya is lying.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Good post.

Also reiterating: no one can have two winning fish. Winning a prize disqualifies you from winning a second prize.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Mmm. So if no one's lying about a theft, the fish thief is Tmor. BUT that still doesn't explain neither Hal or Zoya winning.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

How do I know? Well, I read the OP. But also, my second fish D1 was bigger than the one that won. Goldfish being judged first, I lost the other prize.

Illusionis posted:

The fish will be judged in the order of: King of the Lake, Goldfish, Salmon, Roach, Pike, Perch, Whitefish and Zander. First place prizes will be judged first and once a player has won a prize they will be ineligible to win for the rest of the day. The powers granted are only good for the following night and if you choose not to use your power, you will lose it.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So. There's eight players and we had seven winning fish entries.

Five players are all claiming to have one winning fish, and we've mostly been able to verify the actions taken with them already.

Shell had the doctor fish, used it on herself. Cube had the watcher fish and watched Shell, seeing a self visit.
I had the roleblock fish, used it on you. YOu confirmed that you were roleblocked and claimed use of the tracking fish.
Binus had the masonry fish and used it on me. We're in an unconfirmed masonry now.

So that leaves two remaining fish.

The Goldfish (fishcop?) and the Roulette fish.

Zoya is claiming to have had the largest roulette fish but that it was stolen before she could turn it in.

Hal is claiming no winning fish

TMor has not shown up.

So our murderer is in that group. If Hal and Zoya are telling the truth about previous thefts, that means TMor is the thief. And that's 3 people with two of them claiming no wins. So either A. One of the five confirmed fish has a second fish they aren't disclosing or B. One of Hal or Zoya is lying.

hmm. so we know that the thefts happen prior to the judging, presumably in some kind of fishing twilight. the day ended, and i was ready to submit my beloved ZANDER, but was informed it had been stolen out from under me (at which point i staged a mild confessional tantrum in discord emotes). i then submitted 2 other fish, both of which were tiny and didn't even get 2nd place

but i don't see why it would be mandatory for the fish-thief to turn in the fish they stole? they could steal the zander and then turn in a salmon they fished themself instead, for example, if they'd prefer the doc or if they think it has a better chance of being the largest fish

......but, the "winning zander" for yesterday was the exact weight of my zander, so in this case you're probably mostly correct since it being in that list means it must have been submitted and now i've confused myself and forgotten the point i was trying to make

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Mmm. So if no one's lying about a theft, the fish thief is Tmor. BUT that still doesn't explain neither Hal or Zoya winning.

This makes a lot of sense. What does not make that much sense is Hal claiming to be stolen from if the thief is scum with him.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So yeah. If you had nothing Hal's lying.

Either way, Tmor, you have a lot of explaining to do.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

This makes a lot of sense. What does not make that much sense is Hal claiming to be stolen from if the thief is scum with him.

I do agree if someone is lying about being stolen from it’s definitely Zoya not Hal

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

hmm. so we know that the thefts happen prior to the judging, presumably in some kind of fishing twilight. the day ended, and i was ready to submit my beloved ZANDER, but was informed it had been stolen out from under me (at which point i staged a mild confessional tantrum in discord emotes). i then submitted 2 other fish, both of which were tiny and didn't even get 2nd place

but i don't see why it would be mandatory for the fish-thief to turn in the fish they stole? they could steal the zander and then turn in a salmon they fished themself instead, for example, if they'd prefer the doc or if they think it has a better chance of being the largest fish

......but, the "winning zander" for yesterday was the exact weight of my zander, so in this case you're probably mostly correct since it being in that list means it must have been submitted and now i've confused myself and forgotten the point i was trying to make

Yea. If the fish was the exact weight, the only two options remaining are a) Zoya lying about being stolen from or b) Zoya is telling the truth, and therefore Goldfishing one of TMor or Hal in a future night will turn up an unclaimed Zander.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I do agree if someone is lying about being stolen from it’s definitely Zoya not Hal

The only way I can square it is Hal being the thief and preemptively claiming it. It's really not too strong of a possibility but it is a possibility.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i'm gonna laugh so hard i nearly choke when we get to endgame if scum team is exactly hambeet(clo) + tmor(salad) + binus(shwinne) and it turns out the entire scum team replaced out

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

The only way I can square it is Hal being the thief and preemptively claiming it. It's really not too strong of a possibility but it is a possibility.

Well that would be a good rear end play no doubt but I think I’d maybe go Occam’s razor on this one

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Zoya posted:

i'm gonna laugh so hard i nearly choke when we get to endgame if scum team is exactly hambeet(clo) + tmor(salad) + binus(shwinne) and it turns out the entire scum team replaced out

Im town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Im down to lunch the other replacements though. I can see them being scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

When will TMor show up

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

Im down to lunch the other replacements though. I can see them being scum

Replacement solidarity I see

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Well that would be a good rear end play no doubt but I think I’d maybe go Occam’s razor on this one

No need to Occam here - unless scum keeps on winning or stealing the Goldfish, if have-nothings flip town, we can test the other people who had nothing on sucessive days and see what turns up.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also small preemptive note that if you're gonna math (and Im not, I'm going to bed) maybe remember Maer could have had a fish, so account for at least a missing one.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Sandwolf posted:

When will TMor show up

Something something time zones.

One would think I'd know TMor's timezones / typical playing hours by now, but I don't.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

CubicalSucrose posted:

Something something time zones.

One would think I'd know TMor's timezones / typical playing hours by now, but I don't.

Bit later than Aus IIRC, so the guy is probably still sleeping.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I had the biggest pike yesterday?

Also no ya didn't, I'm talking D1 there not D2 and you shot Opop.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Shellception posted:

Also small preemptive note that if you're gonna math (and Im not, I'm going to bed) maybe remember Maer could have had a fish, so account for at least a missing one.

Maer didn't have the Zander though, she didn't flip fish thief.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shellception posted:

oh right. so she probably had the goldfish.

Which leaves Tmor as the thief.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I didn't even get anything :shrug:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Except like a sauna ticket which I guess I could use for bribing but idk it wasn't explained

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote TMor

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i guess you can vote me off fish island but i legit dont know why people are talking about missing fish so

im sure its fine cause we already got one scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This seems important

Shellception posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Zoya (6): shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Maerlyn, Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, Maerlyn, Shellception, Cloacamazing!, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Cloacamazing!, Maerlyn, Cloacamazing!, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton
shwinnebego (3): Opopanax, Hal Incandenza, Zoya, Ignatius M. Meen, Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, Hal Incandenza
Johnny Keats (2): shwinnebego, Hal Incandenza, CubicalSucrose, Hal Incandenza, shwinnebego, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (1): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Johnny Keats, shwinnebego, shwinnebego
Maerlyn (0): Ignatius M. Meen, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Ignatius M. Meen
Sandwolf (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
CubicalSucrose (0): shwinnebego, shwinnebego, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, Shellception, Shellception, Maerlyn
Ignatius M. Meen (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Cloacamazing! (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
PlasticAutomaton (0): Ignatius M. Meen, Ignatius M. Meen, Zoya, Zoya
Shellception (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Tired Moritz (0): Zoya, Ignatius M. Meen, Zoya, Ignatius M. Meen
Opopanax (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (1): Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 03rd, 2024 at 11 p.m. EEST -- that's in about 1 hour, 52 minutes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’ll have more to say late but man hals eod1 posts are so bad. He did not want to vote zoya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PlasticAutomaton posted:

That absolutely was a scum swerve off Zoya and onto Keats.

Same switchback language. Clo doesn't swap the vote but Sand puts it out there and promises he'll be around till deadline. And lmao Clo (now beet) was seen at the scene of a murder.

Scumwolf play where he asks questions and then never comes back to the answer, showing that he didn't actually care about it.

And look there's Clo trying to shut down Iggy's defense of Keats despite never moving her vote.

And oh look who's already trying to defuse the turbo now that Sand's successfully stalled it.

Scumwolf/Scumbeet/Scumzoya, book 'em.