Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

intently listening from the nosebleeds of a stadium so i can hear roman tell cody to acknowledge him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You don't cheer at the opera, it's like that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE crowds are like Japanese crowds and just use polite applause to show appreciation!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WWE crowds are like Japanese crowds and just use polite applause to show appreciation!

EMF getting in the ring to berate Cody after he loses again like that Kaito Kiyomiya fan girl.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

JUNGLE BOY posted:

intently listening from the nosebleeds of a stadium so i can hear roman tell cody to acknowledge him

That's some of the most pathetic goalpost movement I've ever read

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MogulAvi/status/1777026353751011470

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
bad takes are in the screenshot obvs

https://x.com/hurtkull/status/1776869209412100377?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Leslie I get, of course, but what's the 'gotten to' part referring to?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
AEW showing the wembley footage

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I do find all of the "well it's in a stadium so it's not going to be as loud" stuff ridiculous when stadiums like the MCG in Melbourne or Optus Stadium in Perth are incredibly loud and rowdy for football matches and you can hear that poo poo from a decent way away. Any modern stadiums are designed to have good acoustics so it always sounds hot.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Leslie I get, of course, but what's the 'gotten to' part referring to?

He must be referring to HHH taking veiled shots at Okada and Osprey for not wanting be tough enough to make it AEW because they don't have that grind mindset. Or maybe Punk asking Miz if he is gonna get attendance numbers tattooed on him in reference to Will Osprey getting the attendance for the most paid wrestling fans attending a show in history tattooed on himself. Couldn't be anything else surely.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/VictorRefs/status/1777071630981951552

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You mean back when wrestlers could get stiffed on pay and unsafe practices were more common?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
It is impossible to not read wrestling newsletters. Once you've read one you literally cannot stop. They're the most addictive thing ever conceived

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The Wrestling Observer is probably in the neighborhood of 10 years old than this guy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

But... he doesn't remember when wrestling didn't have dirtsheets. The Observer started publication before he was born and the Observer wasn't the first newsletter.

(edit: someone already said this)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

You mean back when wrestlers could get stiffed on pay and unsafe practices were more common?

Don't worry, wrestlers can still get stiffed on pay and be made to perform unsafely

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Antonio Inoki did not approve of controversy.

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1777027567427735727

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1777082695400771689

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The only reviews from this account (clicked it open, because he was the only one giving that first match better than 8 rating)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

NJPW Fan Club buying that line about 'quiet, respectful Japanese fans.'

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bullet Club, one of the more successfull factions for New Japan was 100% not created nor never had any controversy at all. And Gedo sure doesn't like to watch any Memphis for booking ideas either!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kennel posted:

The only reviews from this account (clicked it open, because he was the only one giving that first match better than 8 rating)

The first line of the Miz/Logan Paul review is so funny. Commitment to a bit.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I am begging this people to please describe what "Psychology" means in wrestling without just saying "They move really slow" or "They work the leg"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I have a sneaking suspicion I know why he is the unofficial NJPW fan club and not the official one

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Drakkel posted:

I am begging this people to please describe what "Psychology" means in wrestling without just saying "They move really slow" or "They work the leg"

Ring psychology is a made up term made up by wrestlers who wanna act like they know what real pro wrestling is.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ring psychology is a symptom of wrestling brainworms

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

A match has psychology "when I like it" versus not having it and being dumb crap for stupid babies "when I don't."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

that time hogan burned an issue of the observer and tried to lie and say it was wrong lol

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

hogan invented the internet in that promo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Drakkel posted:

psychology is when the match makes sense. Like the ref calling rope breaks in a falls count anywhere match or the wrestlers not knowing the rules of the match. If you can pass that bar your match has perfect psychology.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Club usually doesn't post much so I didn't even think to look back more than a few tweets but I am glad I did he has been on a roll this weekend.

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1776723792179707993

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1776671400876744865

https://twitter.com/NJPWFanClubNA/status/1776711123179643047

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just to be clear, that dude is not a wrestler and has never been a wrestler, right

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Just to be clear, that dude is not a wrestler and has never been a wrestler, right

im not entirely sure he even likes wrestling, even NJPW

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

On the other hand, I liked those Jack Perry clips and am enjoying that they’re not even being subtle about it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Jack Perry loving owns gently caress haters. He and Luchasaurus were over as gently caress and Jack was great in his feud with Christian. And his cage match against Luchasaurus was fantastic

The heel turn was pure poo poo but at least they tried, and he got Punk fired as a result so it's all good to me

And now he's in NJPW doing awesome poo poo and getting even better so I really hope the Bucks bring him back and add him to the Elite. They'll bury Punk and piss him off and make Jack an even bigger star and we get to see him wrestle in AEW again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

It's unclear if he is even a fan club, but definitely is not a wrestler or former wrestler.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

The heel turn was pure poo poo but at least they tried, and he got Punk fired as a result so it's all good to me

And now he's in NJPW doing awesome poo poo and getting even better so I really hope the Bucks bring him back and add him to the Elite. They'll bury Punk and piss him off and make Jack an even bigger star and we get to see him wrestle in AEW again

I was not expecting to be looking forward to the elite being made up of Okada, the Bucks and Jungle Boy

And yet I am hopeful that will be done well

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I was not expecting to be looking forward to the elite being made up of Okada, the Bucks and Jungle Boy

And yet I am hopeful that will be done well

the new 4 horsemen

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rotinaj posted:

But he knows it is an honor and a privilege to be one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/CoreyBrennanFF/status/1777167603208728918