Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Does anyone else have any opinions on the art I posted? I was hoping I’d have some feedback to share with my artist friends. I think more people should enjoy their art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Nodosaur posted:

Does anyone else have any opinions on the art I posted? I was hoping I’d have some feedback to share with my artist friends. I think more people should enjoy their art.

They look great to me. In particular I like Provoke, Cyclonus and Blackcat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Target reminds me of Glit.

Damnit I want more Glit, he was a cool cat.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Yeah all good stuff

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nodosaur posted:

I like that the seeker recolors have different heads. Love Bee and Cliffjumper.

I like Soundwave but I don’t care for his huge arms.

I don’t consume a lot of Transformers media, but it has a good vibe. Could’ve told me they were from Animated, and I wouldn’t question it.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/SketchyFig/status/1776457685988425982

i need beast wars to come back for this

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Cyclonus can be a puffin. Scourge a pelican.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

Cyclonus can be a puffin. Scourge a pelican.

I'd say Skuarge, but that would leave Cyc as the only one without a bird pun name

(unless someone else can think of a good one?)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
OK so I love the new little BM Cheetor except for the robot mode eyes

in the future they should not try to give figures pupils at that scale and should go with a solid eye colour or better yet, light piping

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phy posted:

I'd say Skuarge, but that would leave Cyc as the only one without a bird pun name

SKRAWGE and SKUACLONUS

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cyclomorant

Auklonus

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Hot... Robin?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Marmaduke! posted:

Hot... Robin?

Rodimouse Prime

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I finally found Studio Series 86 Blaster this morning! All I had to do was wake up at 7 AM on a Saturday and be the very first person into Target! But they had four Blasters and six Wheeljacks, so I expect they are going to start trickling out more and more.

I already had Kingdom Blaster, and there are pros and cons to both of them, but SS86 Eject is the clear winner, and he wins by NOT being clear.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Reminds me of my Star Wars POTF figure hunting days. Getting up right at the rear end crack of dawn to get to Toys R Us as soon as it opened, prowling the 24 hours stores at midnight hoping a shipment came in.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Medullah posted:

Reminds me of my Star Wars POTF figure hunting days. Getting up right at the rear end crack of dawn to get to Toys R Us as soon as it opened, prowling the 24 hours stores at midnight hoping a shipment came in.

I'm way too old for that poo poo! I try to preorder everything to avoid the hunt, since I live in a city full of collectors and scalpers (Orlando) and almost never find anything in the wild. But Blaster sold out too quickly on Target's website and never came back into stock. Plus, I work remotely for a California-based organization (their 9 AM to 6 PM is my noon to 9 PM), and then I stay up later than most and sleep in. But I guess the early bird does get the hot new toys.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I've always been really lucky when I go to Orlando, but I guess that's because I want the basic poo poo that just never makes it across this side of the world or something :shrug:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Open Marriage Night posted:

I like that the seeker recolors have different heads. Love Bee and Cliffjumper.

I like Soundwave but I don’t care for his huge arms.

I don’t consume a lot of Transformers media, but it has a good vibe. Could’ve told me they were from Animated, and I wouldn’t question it.

thanks. Personally I love how monstrous Soundwave and Soundblaster look but if you don’t care for it that’s understandable.

And yeah, Vinnie made sure the Seekers all had at least six base heads to choose from, and modifies their expressions to suit them even. It makes each design work while also being economical.

Just curious but what do y’all think of B.B. and his variations? Most commentary I get is on the Seekers, heh.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Orlando’s Walmart/Target offerings aren’t great. I assume they get picked clean by tourists/scalpers the moment they open. Probably the least touristy one I know is next to the Florida Mall on Sand Lake.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Orlando’s Walmart/Target offerings aren’t great. I assume they get picked clean by tourists/scalpers the moment they open. Probably the least touristy one I know is next to the Florida Mall on Sand Lake.
Well I count as a tourist and I'm usually still operating on GMT when I hit them up so that might be why I get lucky.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

I'm not sure the US southeast's Walmart/Target offerings are great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dawgstar posted:

I'm not sure the US southeast's Walmart/Target offerings are great.

They’re fine to pretty good over in Tampa bay.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Phy posted:

Cycloonus

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Picked up another Megatron for my growing family.

Also picked up another Starscream and Gears, poor fella has the flattest head...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PowerBeard posted:

Also picked up another Starscream and Gears, poor fella has the flattest head...

Gears is the William Murderface of the Transformers. A Metalocalypse crossover would require minimal retooling.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

PowerBeard posted:

Picked up another Megatron for my growing family.
That's a right o proper Megatron militia right there. Careful though, sometimes there's a Galvatron hiding in the mix.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/decepticonaiden/status/1777041474271478242

new variations of the Bumblebee/Cliffjumper Aiden designed for me

I love how Tap-Out came out especially

EDIT - https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1777106966948577443?s=46

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 7, 2024

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Nice colors on that one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It was a Wheelkjack day for me, I got Origins and Studio Series VW Van Wheeljack.

In hand I have to say I don't really mind Origins Wheeljack being a voyager. Yeah he's small but this is a dense boy, because of all the collapsing panels. It feels like they brought some of the Japanese Beast Wars designers out of retirement with how much of a panelformer he is, but there's really no other way they could have done the van mode while keeping the holding Bumblebee "play feature". That said, what a worthless play feature.

Studio Series Wheeljack is like the polar opposite. Man that's a tiny tiny van. I feel like his vehicle mode is about the same size as Earthrise Bumblebee's bug mode.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

It’s super annoying they’ve re-released the Blaster mold like 3x but they haven’t gotten around to releasing Soundwave again.

I did manage to track down an Origins Wheeljack locally and SS86 Blaster from Target.com at least.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Corb3t posted:

It’s super annoying they’ve re-released the Blaster mold like 3x but they haven’t gotten around to releasing Soundwave again.

I did manage to track down an Origins Wheeljack locally and SS86 Blaster from Target.com at least.

Soundwave is coming out as a leader this year in Studio Series 86.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

But will we actually see it on shelves, or will it be like SS Snarl and Ultra Magnus, who I never even found in my area?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Get your pre-orders in on Hasbro pulse.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Well that's a solution for up to 5 or so people for 1.08 seconds, sure

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Any idea if the AliExpress vendors selling Generations Jetfire and SS86 Ultra Magnus in their Hasbro packaging are legit? They’re still more expensive than msrp, but not quite eBay prices - they’re pretty tempting.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm gonna assume it'll be on the major retail sites since studio series aren't usually store exclusives.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hey I saw a Snarl once.

Anyway Soundwave's also in that Takara premium 3-pack.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/256403?o=4

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Transformers Missing Link C-01 Optimus Prime

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/250425?o=1

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah I grabbed that this morning and cancelled my preorder on HasbroPulse. It's stupid that other sellers are shipping and Hasbro isn't for another month... maybe.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would rather save 40 bucks and wait a month than pay the BBTS markup