Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I do not understand. How was Dustin invited to a wedding when the mere sight of him causes women to wither and men to break into tears at his pathetic nature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Yes. YESSSSS.

Make his ex be in the audience again!

And you know, I hate how Pondus looks. The entire art style is so gross but....it then reminds me of the old style Rugrats or Courage the Cowardly Dog. It's ugly but interesting. So I can enjoy it even if I don't like it, if that makes sense? Compared to Intelligent Life which is ugly in every way, physical, the dialogue, the gross "hot" female friend the main dude kept bothering and hinting at until they got into an affectionate-less loveless sexless sit-on-couch-remark-on-stupid-nerd poo poo.

And Dale, I'm sorry, weakest part in the new Flash. "Oh boo I have bad things I am running from and don't wanna say to anyone, boohoo." Girl, shut up and either tell people or stop acting all emo!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I do not enjoy to see Pondus

It's not my least favorite comic ever posted here but I won't name the other one for fear of bringing it back

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Green Intern posted:

I do not understand. How was Dustin invited to a wedding when the mere sight of him causes women to wither and men to break into tears at his pathetic nature?

The inhabitants of this universe understand they need to show Dustin what love looks like and that he will never experience it himself.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I am legitimately floored to see a selfie-based punchline that comes off as more oddly adorable than sneering. Look at how excited they all are to be involved!

Shugojin posted:

I do not enjoy to see Pondus

It's not my least favorite comic ever posted here but I won't name the other one for fear of bringing it back
Everett True? :v: i know of what you speak

(though thinking on Everett, I feel like its niche of 'ancient comic that starts out an interesting novelty and gets more and more disturbing the longer it runs' has been 'nicely' filled by Little Leftie, albeit for very different reasons)

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 7, 2024

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

in this case it serves as a warning to the bride and groom.

to the groom, look what a loser this man is, never be like him, never let your son be like him!

to the bride, if you treat your man horrible or make him eat salad and go to BORING OPERA, he might leave you, and this is who is left to date and marry!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Cowslips Warren posted:

And Dale, I'm sorry, weakest part in the new Flash. "Oh boo I have bad things I am running from and don't wanna say to anyone, boohoo." Girl, shut up and either tell people or stop acting all emo!
We gotta get there! We're working on getting there! It's not like that's all she's done, we've seen her screw up her courage and do what she needs to do, and we also needed Flash to just outright give her the chance to speak her mind without having to be the one to choose to open up to him. We're still within the first year of the strip, and in the span we've had all of this delicious food served up, Mary Worth told a meandering story about a cop doing gently caress and all. We'll get there.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/20/43 -- to come in color.

Wow that's a pretty dark story. One man dies in guilty despair, the other goes mad.

I only have one strip left so I guess they'll wrap this up fast.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth was already posted.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andeertoons

:lol:

Flash Gordon

I can't help but hear this in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rzvtl12g78

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

gently caress me, I laughed at Intelligent Life. Twice!

Kennel posted:

Paperboy being paid by the customers sounds like really inconvenient system.

Some of them are better at it than others.

Breaking Cat News

My wife and I just had a debate about this song not an hour ago when I heard it on the radio. I think I remember it being in The Princess Bride somewhere, either in the end credits or maybe you hear the intro guitar bit earlier. I know Mark Knopfler did the music (and I'm not thinking of "Storybook Love", also by him, also in Princess Bride.) But I swear to God I heard it in there.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis featuring Arcamax Dayglo

Maybe the twist last time was the Witness Protection Program one but I swear to god I've seen this before. But also I swear to god about the princess bride thing too so maybe I'm just not reliable.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Unstainable.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I don't see how rain during the solar eclipse is bad news for Crankshaft since his only goal was to get money charging exorbitant prices to watch the eclipse from his backyard, and based on all the people in chairs, it looks like he succeeded

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"computer. rhino fetus. hot."

the variation without berries and with bechamel is a crow madame

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Vargo posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

I was inspired...

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Murdstone posted:

Wow that's a pretty dark story. One man dies in guilty despair, the other goes mad.

I only have one strip left so I guess they'll wrap this up fast.

wow okay you got me stamm, not how i thought that would go

Transcript of the letter: "Mournful Bagley was not insane when he entered the state asylum... although he probably is by now... I stole his half of the business and had him put in the institution... This has haunted me for years... I cannot stand it any longer... for that reason I am taking my life."

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It's A Sketchy Life, and it's catch-up week, beginning with the rest of the March 29, 1928 issue. Let's start with one from Al Frueh.

G.B. Dawood:

Harry Haenigsen:

And a commercial break from John Held Jr.:

Moving on to April 5th, and Fred G. Cooper:

Yes, it's a reference.

Ned Hilton:

Eldon Kelley:

Milt Gross:

Gluyas Williams (in color, which is unusual for these scans):

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 8, 2024

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The_Other posted:

I was inspired...

:golfclap: Marigold has some great expressions

Also: Amazingly, Timkin Roller Bearing Company is still around.
https://www.timken.com/about/our-story/

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 8, 2024

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Look, Jules, I understand that microplastics are hard to draw. Even so, soda rings and plastic bags, albeit bothersome to wildlife, are not microplastics!

Also, the "two fists of justice" are best enjoyed as a seasoning, not a main dish, and should never be directly mentioned by name.

Darthemed posted:

Unstainable.

And this.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Gonna stop you right there, Sally: plenty of people are capable of forming emotional attachments to things. They just don't have your husbands conscious refusal to *sever* said attachment when it comes time to throw poo poo out. It is an important distinction.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 9/14/52

Archie 1/23-25/50

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 6/6-8/77

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Good, good, a double “running-through”, it’s been a while since &c. &c. See you on Monday for the next thrilling chapter of Conan & The Blood Egg!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

How does he keep getting better?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

I really enjoy this strip

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The_Other posted:

Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

One thing I really like about Allison is that - for as much as he likes writing about emo teens and mystery kids chasing skellingtons - if a story calls for a pile of corpses, he will deliver a pile of corpses.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I guess he's in time to catch Comin' at Ya!. If not that than probably Zorro, The Gay Blade, they were both in July and this strip seems to be from August?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

robot roll call posted:

I really enjoy this strip

Cholas: Strong and beautiful Latino women that will cut you.

"Ese" means "bro". Use it anytime you threaten to cut someone.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Selachian posted:

Bonus Ad! This was mentioned in Crabgrass about a week ago as a possible new invention -- but they had pocket socks in the 1970s!

Picture this: It's the 1970's, you live in South Florida and you need somewhere inconspicuous on your person to keep an eight-ball handy. You, my friend, are in the market for Pocket Socks!

Darthemed posted:

Unstainable.

Jules is simply doing her part for conservation (by using fewer letters)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR-yhQnivjQ

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

catlord posted:

I guess he's in time to catch Comin' at Ya!. If not that than probably Zorro, The Gay Blade, they were both in July and this strip seems to be from August?
Zorro The Gay Blade is definitely still running in theaters at this time:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

And to think he could be checking out Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's easy to tell who's good and evil in that one, too, little dude!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon
I must admit, I was not expecting this week's viewpoint character to be the Frigia Tourism Board. :newlol:
:hmmyes: Incredible choice.

JethroMcB posted:

Wow, those Hocus-Focus panels are quietly and devastatingly depressing. (Until I imagined them as being drawn by Kelley from The Onion. Then they became a riot.)
Just imagine the guy is pointedly doing that where his wife can see it instead of loving cooking himself something.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Haifisch posted:

Thanks for grabbing that! Kid, I'd recommend Raiders but, if you can convince your mum, you can't go wrong with Escape from New York either. I'm not shocked, reading about its reception, but I have never heard of Chu Chu and the Philly Flash before.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

And to think he could be checking out Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's easy to tell who's good and evil in that one, too, little dude!
He should be seeing Condorman. :colbert:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FINGERPORI

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 06, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

:getin:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(December 29, 1918)

Gasoline Alley(November 23, 1919)

Little Nemo(May 31, 1908)

gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Sometimes you don't even need to make an edit.