Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

that’s shawn michaels in a wig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Trying posted:

She lost it? Or doesn’t like rings? I’m not expending any more energy on fantasy booking these shitheads lovelifes after this post

Keep Trying

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Very funny that the Triple H divorced rumor is the only Rovert thing you all unquestionably believe.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

NienNunb posted:

Very funny that the Triple H divorced rumor is the only Rovert thing you all unquestionably believe.

I believe everything backwards Trevor posts, I believe every scoopster simultaneously

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

I don't think someone cheating on their wife is very funny.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

he wasn’t married to chyna

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I agree! I’d be real concerned if it wasn’t made up wholecloth by a disgraced irish scoopster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

I agree! I’d be real concerned if it wasn’t made up wholecloth by a disgraced irish scoopster.

It doesn't come from rovert.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

dammit I chuckled

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5e5w6MtkZ7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:yayclod:

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1777172231107543215?s=46

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1777167442894045605

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i never heard the hhh cheating rumor before but i'm fully bought in

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean didn't he literally cheat on Chyna to get with Stephanie in the first place?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

It doesn't come from rovert.

Who does it come from?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

a dumb moron posted:

Who does it come from?

https://x.com/TheCovalentTV/status/1762152646834536453

my extensive research led me to ryback. now i believe it even more

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

That's not Stephanie lol

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
listen if your name has six letters and starts with an r your credentials are impeccible

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/TheCovalentTV/status/1762152646834536453

my extensive research led me to ryback. now i believe it even more

Ryback isn’t exactly credible

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1776847224699338959

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

a dumb moron posted:

Stephanie left HHH for reasons unrelated to Ryback's allegations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

This is what wrestling should be

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

C. Everett Koop posted:

listen if your name has six letters and starts with an r your credentials are impeccible

a dumb moron posted:

getting a lot mixed messages here

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

a dumb moron posted:

well that is your opinion. i trust in the big guy

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Imagine doubting the Master of the Feed Me More

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

neoaxd posted:

Stephanie left HHH for reasons unrelated to Ryback's allegations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

how could a man that loves to eat satisfy a woman? doesn’t make any sense

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1777164703770255749

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yep

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol he left every promotion after getting annoyed at how he was being booked

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Seams posted:

Imagine doubting the Master of the Feed Me More

FEED ME MORE [engagement]!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Declining interest in Cody is a sign of a troubled promotion and increased demand for Cody is an indicator of a business on the rise

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Declining interest in Cody is a sign of a troubled promotion and increased demand for Cody is an indicator of a business on the rise

Countdown to Cody should be a regular feature on the network, not just the individual shows.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Can't think of a better thing for wrestlers to do then just chilling in catering complacent if they want to be treated as a big deal. they used to jump from promotion to promotion years ago for that reason so its good that aew exists for that and vice versa for wwe. (and i guess njpw)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

KungFu Grip posted:

Can't think of a better thing for wrestlers to do then just chilling in catering complacent if they want to be treated as a big deal. they used to jump from promotion to promotion years ago for that reason so its good that aew exists for that and vice versa for wwe. (and i guess njpw)

that's fine but its dumb to claim he jumps ship because he has a preternatural ability to read the market instead of for personal reasons

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
He is the Market then?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Stephanie McMahon: I don't get it, you have all these files on my dad, what's your angle?
Deepthroat: Let's just say "I have to finish the Story"...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Cody genuinely did read the market and actually bolster it. He's not the only reason the indies and NJPW were hot in 2016-2018, but his influence and decision to leave WWE when he did and wrestle absolutely everywhere was extremely important. He's a carny and a liar (sometimes affectionate, sometimes not) and his sense for that is strong.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There is a large group of fans who are, honestly, 'Cody fans', in the sense that there were fans who didn't care about anything but their guy, etc. This was pretty clear when he left and was a big star for ROH despite being pretty disliked by the usual ROH/indie fan because he was able to pull in his fans but not completely turn off people who didn't like him.

And as silly as his list at the time was, if you were a Cody fan who went 'alright Cody we'll give this a shot sure why not', he actually did do almost everything he said he would even if it meant showing up in TNA for an hour, showing Dave Meltzer was a dummy (lovingly) by putting together All In and being willing to wrestle Nick Aldis on the biggest night of his career (and having a drat fun match out of it) just because he's Cody Rhodes, and a hell of a lot more than anybody could have bought into.

For better or worse, a lot of people believe in Cody in the way this subforum believes in, say, Bryan Danielson.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Cody is the Jay z of wrestling. He’s a good wrestler who has some classic moments but ultimately is a fed who kept his ears close enough to the street that he could clout chase on different styles and ultimately became a parody of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody Rhodes making me watch a Nick Aldis match might be his greatest crime