Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

So they're gonna have Cody feuding with the bloodline for another year right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Cody is almost crying in the press conference because wwe found his dad's watch that dusty pawned to send cody to acting school.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1497336381038678018?lang=en

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Parallax posted:

They have to get to Roman v. Rock though

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This picture of Danielson always makes me laugh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Not reading the aew propaganda

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mr Hootington posted:

you really gotta go back to watching only wcw man

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

you honestly might not know since you haven't watched it - but did you know Cody Rhodes helped create AEW and was one of the original EVPs?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Mr Hootington posted:

Cody is almost crying in the press conference because wwe found his dad's watch that dusty pawned to send cody to acting school and gave it to him tonight.

Clearly those acting classes have paid off because be can fake tears, CINEMA.

very nice gesture from the sex trafficking company

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Parallax posted:

Search your heart.

El Generico posted:

They have to get to Roman v. Rock though

Oh right, couldn't have your champ play second fiddle to a part-time legend!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Grendels Dad posted:

Oh right, couldn't have your champ play second fiddle to a part-time legend!

It'll be the main event of Summerslam, Cody's title match will be the opener

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Parallax posted:

seemed for a good bit that there'd be some Roman/Solo feud but hoo boy have they cooled Solo off.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Mr Hootington posted:

Cody is almost crying in the press conference because wwe found his dad's watch that dusty pawned to send cody to acting school and gave it to him tonight.

Lmao this man is carny on another level.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shard posted:

you honestly might not know since you haven't watched it - but did you know Cody Rhodes helped create AEW and was one of the original EVPs?

And in the end he choose the company that respects him.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Didn't WWE use to have a show with Papa HHH and Steph going around pawn shops looking for wrestling antiquities? Missed opportunity right there to create more reality TV garbage Cinema.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Mr Hootington posted:

Think you might have been reading another propaganda instead.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Mr Hootington posted:

You got fedpilled real quick, drat

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Majinfoose posted:

You got fedpilled real quick, drat

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Think you might have been reading another propaganda instead.

Guys, I think Hooter there is doing the Thing that makes up almost a third of this thread where they are adamantly pro-WWE in the face of the shittiest booking and lackluster presentation. Don't get riled up.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Trips just said the Roman/Cody match was Cinema.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Everyone loves their own brand.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Didn't WWE use to have a show with Papa HHH and Steph going around pawn shops looking for wrestling antiquities? Missed opportunity right there to create more reality TV garbage Cinema.

One of the billion commercials was for a new season of that show. Looked like Mick Foley was the guy going around getting stuff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i cant believe Mr Hootington is doing his gimmick! the one he does in every subforum!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

idk about trips n steph but Mick Foley has one that came out last year where he does exactly that

they did an episode with Kevin Nash and on his podcast he was like "i dont want my house on TV" so they rented an airbnb and said it was his which i thought was funny (tho also v reasonable id do the same if i were him)

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

HARD TIMES is when your daddy has to pawn a Rolex so you can go to acting school.

HARD TIMES is when you leave a company you founded so you can prove your proxy father, who is a rapist,that he was wrong not pushing you because you're a hard working nepobaby

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

faantastic posted:

Everyone loves their own brand.

Like WWE champion Cody Rhodes says, "have to build those your franchise."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How much money does Cody get from aew still?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Grendels Dad posted:

I remember this show being kinda hosed up cause it was WWE people going to collectors and fans who'd gotten their hands on wrestling memorabilia and then gaslighting them into selling it back to the company for probably way less than the stuff was actually worth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I remember this show being kinda hosed up cause it was WWE people going to collectors and fans who'd gotten their hands on wrestling memorabilia and then gaslighting them into selling it back to the company for probably way less than the stuff was actually worth

reverse pawn stars lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Yeah, that's what I remember too. And that it was clearly not for a physical place where WWE would showcase the stuff.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

iirc a lot of it to would be like "Fan of X wrestler doesnt want to sell but X wrestler is literally in front of him pressuring him" so if you turned down the offer it kinda soured your whole opinion so you might as well sell, it was lovely

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Drakkel posted:

Once again I am begging these people referring to every single thing WWE does as "Cinema" to please watch a movie. Literally any movie. A Neil Breen movie even.

wwe sounds about on par with a Coleman Francis movie

Finished story, how did it get there

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah, that's what I remember too. And that it was clearly not for a physical place where WWE would showcase the stuff.

Oh yeah like pretty much all those items are just gonna sit in a warehouse next to the Smackdown Fist where they'll never touch it again

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

faantastic posted:

I've very little knowledge of Priest but he seems cool and decent as a wrestler?

He had a killer match with Bad Bunny last year. I think he's good, but I dunno if he's world champion good. But at the same time, even though he's kinda old, it's good to get some new faces at the top of the card.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drakkel posted:

It's a reality series so everything you see is scripted, just like Pawn Stars. They've already worked all that out beforehand and what they air is scripted.

Like yeah they still probably pressure them but we're not seeing it in real time.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Parallax posted:

god, what was the last good top-of-the-card feud after wrestlemania to summerslam? was it really cena/punk?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The watch story
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1777177590421192850?t=TxQFKOGnhIfSUe7xDLYBtg&s=19

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

lmfao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Randy Orton killing a bottle of prime
https://twitter.com/JaideepPtdr1/status/1777164493736583677?t=uA4VxF5nZxnWcyh2ptlFeg&s=19

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

It's a reality series so everything you see is scripted, just like Pawn Stars. They've already worked all that out beforehand and what they air is scripted.

Like yeah they still probably pressure them but we're not seeing it in real time.

that makes it even weirder that they have so many uncomftorable pressure moments if its scripted lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alaois posted:

reverse pawn stars lol

the buyers using the seller's ignorance to buy things for way less than they're worth is exactly pawn stars