Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

aka the "IN with the new, OUT with the old" Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I hope the Jets have at least a half dozen prime time games.
I mean, we deserve different flavors of clownball.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

What's the over/under on how many snaps Rogers takes?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cthulu Carl posted:

What's the over/under on how many snaps Rogers takes?

Two - the left and right Achilles

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

Two - the left and right Achilles

I don't think he'd play after the first snap. He's no Kobe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayxIs5Jx_oQ

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Actually I can't think of many/any football examples of dudes doing something like that. It's a far more brutal sport so it makes sense..but are there any?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The NFL despises the Jets.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Actually I can't think of many/any football examples of dudes doing something like that. It's a far more brutal sport so it makes sense..but are there any?

IIRC there was an O lineman who injured his knee and finished the game but when they imaged it he had torn his ACL

edit: Tommy Doyle for the Bills a couple years ago

double edit: whoa, looks like Logan Mankins played an entire season on one, Jesus Christ. The year of the second Giants/Pats Super Bowl. He was an all pro that year

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 8, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rogue Elephant posted:

IIRC there was an O lineman who injured his knee and finished the game but when they imaged it he had torn his ACL

That's loving badass

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/292302/that-time-philip-rivers-played-through-a-torn-acl-in-the-playoffs

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Frank Ragnow:

Played a game with a fractured throat. No quarterback hits allowed.

Played one week after meniscus injury.

Played in the playoffs listed with: Toe, back, knee, ankle all listed on injury report.

Played an entire season with a torn plantar plate.

Played this entire season with a serious toe injury.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The lions should probably draft a center in like…the 5th. Maybe bortolini lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can CJ sit this one out to protect his ACLs? Please?

I'll laugh when Anderson and Hunter meet in the backfield to sack Rodgers. Rodgers will turn into a fine red mud and ayahuasca mist.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Edit: Just noticed you stated football player

MMA fighter Michael Bisping fought in the UFC for years with only being able to see out of one eye due to a head kicked and suffered a retinal detachment. He fought for another 5 years, 11 fights. Even went on to win a championship in one of the bigger upsets of UFC history.

He basically lied for all 5 years in all the medicals that he was fine to compete. He ended up retiring partly due to loosing some vision in his other eye. There's a video, i won't link, of him removing his fake eye prosthetic to show what his eye really looks like.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Well, Philip Rivers played the afc championship game on a torn ACL

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

That's some cool info. Thanks dudes.

a neat cape posted:

Well, Philip Rivers played the afc championship game on a torn ACL

Rivers will always have my respect even if he's a dang Charger. I also didn't start watching football until 2011ish so I legit had no memory of this.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Byron Leftwich broke his leg bad enough that his offensive line had to pick him up and carry him further downfield after each snap to finish out the drive.

Stafford separated his shoulder and still finished the game.

Chris Simms ruptured his spleen, finished the game, then had his spleen removed at the hospital.

Luke Musgrave lacerated his kidney, ignored it, finished the game, then went to the doctor after pissing blood.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Stafford doesn't have feeling below his waist for like half of 22 or something wildly stupid.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

phew, get to avoid zach wilson annihilating them this time

e: there's always the Jack Youngblood example of playing the entire superbowl with a broken leg

Digital Jedi posted:

Edit: Just noticed you stated football player

MMA fighter Michael Bisping fought in the UFC for years with only being able to see out of one eye due to a head kicked and suffered a retinal detachment. He fought for another 5 years, 11 fights. Even went on to win a championship in one of the bigger upsets of UFC history.

He basically lied for all 5 years in all the medicals that he was fine to compete. He ended up retiring partly due to loosing some vision in his other eye. There's a video, i won't link, of him removing his fake eye prosthetic to show what his eye really looks like.

Bisping got some kind of thing where his prosthetic eye follows whatever it is he's looking at with his good eye, that's loving crazy

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 8, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
players playing through grievous injury doesn’t impress me it just makes me feel bad for them or think that they’re dumb

it’s a game/your job, don’t throw away your wellbeing for a ball game, dummy

“Wow this guy’s tough, his kidney was falling out of his rear end in a top hat and he still threw a tuddy,” no he’s not, he was in shock or maybe loaded on every available opiate in the tristate area.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I kind of want to go back and see your reaction to Vrabel saying he'd cut off his dick to win a Superbowl at tits coach :v:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Intruder posted:

I kind of want to go back and see your reaction to Vrabel saying he'd cut off his dick to win a Superbowl at tits coach :v:

i think my reaction was “lmao”

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

This would have been so much funnier if RJKjr made a different choice. Reality sucks some times.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Calling for injury to a QB in the opening sunday night game of the year, Rodgers vs Stroud huh. Seems like a good way to hear god laugh.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's a good thing the Texans don't have a revamped DL, right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In a twist it’ll be CJ who blows out his acl.

At the post game conference, Rodgers will ask where CJs god is now as he tips his fedora.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's too bad there's no rodgers vs burrow

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We still haven't had Rodgers/Mahomes yet because one is always out whenever their teams play.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mega64 posted:

We still haven't had Rodgers/Mahomes yet because one is always out whenever their teams play.

Blame the QB sneak. Andy still does.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It’s just amazing how much he does not look like an nfl player.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5gPKXSuG7i/?igsh=MXF3NmUzMm1ncnZ0Nw==

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mega64 posted:

It's a good thing the Texans don't have a revamped DL, right?

They don't have a revamped OL though and this year Stroud had like half a second per play before a pass rusher was in his lap

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Stroud played BY FAR his worst game last year vs the Jets defense.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s just amazing how much he does not look like an nfl player.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5gPKXSuG7i/?igsh=MXF3NmUzMm1ncnZ0Nw==

he looks like a 17-year old who just got told he's gonna play with the varsity team

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Is that SNF tweet an actual thing or just some Jets fan account speculating/wishcasting?

All we know is that the Texans are a Jets home game this year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

They don't have a revamped OL though and this year Stroud had like half a second per play before a pass rusher was in his lap

It is why these Texans must draft OL early and often

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

I was fuming that it took more than one post to bring up Philip rivers.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is that SNF tweet an actual thing or just some Jets fan account speculating/wishcasting?

All we know is that the Texans are a Jets home game this year.

Yeah I can't find a single source to corroborate that random account. We may have got got :thunk:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Asproigerosis posted:

I was fuming that it took more than one post to bring up Philip rivers.

We only talk about QBs worth remembering around here.

NINETY. YARD. TOUCHDOWN. PASS. NINETY YARD TOUCHDOWN PASS!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nervous posted:

We only talk about QBs worth remembering around here.

NINETY. YARD. TOUCHDOWN. PASS. NINETY YARD TOUCHDOWN PASS!

It's my favorite clip

https://twitter.com/Stop_Hammerzeit/status/1694017724077555804?t=Cs1xmFRYLDiz9RUQbj_GrA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It is why these Texans must draft OL early and often

No OL can save him from the turf in that stadium.