Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I’ll have more to say late but man hals eod1 posts are so bad. He did not want to vote zoya

It’s true, I didn’t really want to vote Zoya at that time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s true, I didn’t really want to vote Zoya at that time

it's kind of a weird post, cuz he's saying it like as if i'm a flipped scum

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i'd probably be kind of flustered too if i replaced in and realized the entire rest of the scumteam were also replacements though, tbf

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Philly in April
Can be mighty cold
I grabbed seven fun-sized Snickers as I exited the stadium
Cody Rhodes

(I think I did that right. I don't actually watch non-SAW wrestling, but that four-liner seems to be the joke.)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
So we are where we were last day and over the same issue and the same people, just with one less possible liar. Awesome.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

b-minus1 posted:

I’ll have more to say late but man hals eod1 posts are so bad. He did not want to vote zoya

If you want to do vote analysis, that'd be great, but as a note, for that day Clo/later beet was the scun flip. Many replacements ITT.

Also, why mason Plas? Mostly curious here.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hmm. If it's binus + plastic, does a fake masonizing claim do anything?

Not much really, since a watch or track still theoretically exist and can catch a lie there.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

CubicalSucrose posted:

Hmm. If it's binus + plastic, does a fake masonizing claim do anything?

Not much really, since a watch or track still theoretically exist and can catch a lie there.

There is a world where Scum!Plastic really roleblocked Sand (and Sand attests to it) while Scum!binus got the mason fish and faked masonizing Plastic but did the kill.

But that world has a hole: where is the stolen Zander?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I feel like you can spreadsheet possible pairs here pretty well, knowing we have an unaccounted for Zander and what people have claimed to do/have been found to have done.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Shellception posted:

There is a world where Scum!Plastic really roleblocked Sand (and Sand attests to it) while Scum!binus got the mason fish and faked masonizing Plastic but did the kill.

But that world has a hole: where is the stolen Zander?

(And in this map, if binus had the Zander instead, then a Whitefish and a Goldfish are lost - and that means way too many liars, so it's not viable)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

In fact, any scum pairing between two action-havers requires too many liars to work. Because if one of them didn't have the action they say they had (doc, watch, roleblock, track or mason), then that action is missing instead, and that goes back to one of the non-action claimers lying too, which ups the number to at least 4 scum. That's way too much for 13.

So, the possibilities for two scum here are either an action haver + a non-action haver or two non-action havers. In both cases, we are looking at at least one scum in the Zoya/TMor/Hal group.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

:hmmyes:

##vote tmor all replacements etc

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

i guess you can vote me off fish island but i legit dont know why people are talking about missing fish so

im sure its fine cause we already got one scum

Skipping the missing fish discussion, what are your overall reads of the game? We had a scum vote yesterday, surely something around who voted/didn't want to vote beet caught your attention?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Imo from looking at the actual flip, I'm sure that anyone that voted hambeet early has an actually higher chance of being scum

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Gamestatus check:

D3 6/2 goes to D4 MYLO 4/2 that can be no-voted on for a D5 3/2 YOLO.

So, barring a vig or someone having either extra votes or a hated or loved, we can gently caress up two times before losing. For a pool of 3 suspects, that seems good odds, but loving up today means we have to hit scum mostly straight on for D4 or D5.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I believe in town. :cheerdoge:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Imo from looking at the actual flip, I'm sure that anyone that voted hambeet early has an actually higher chance of being scum

If you had to pick someone in that early voters pool [Cube, Plas, Zoya, Sand, I guess? Because after Sand there was a big space of time with no votes] to vote, and given their other posts, where would you want to go?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

:hmmyes:

##vote tmor all replacements etc

Can we have any thoughts of you re:game status that ain't replacement-related?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Would cube bus hambeet after watching Keats bus him for town cred which won him the game? Maybe

Plastic is probably town

Zoya is soooo evil you should stab Zoya imo

I wouldnt kill sandwolf

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Interesting. Why the townread on Plastic? Also, thoughts on Hal?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

In fact on rereading Moritz I kind of have another question for you. Sorry for the focus buddy, just kinda want to clear my head.

Tired Moritz posted:

If hambeet flips town, then absolutely cube. If hambeet flips scum, then sand.

Tired Moritz posted:

Would cube bus hambeet after watching Keats bus him for town cred which won him the game? Maybe

Plastic is probably town

Zoya is soooo evil you should stab Zoya imo

I wouldnt kill sandwolf

What changed from yesterday re: sandwolf?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

hmm. so we know that the thefts happen prior to the judging, presumably in some kind of fishing twilight. the day ended, and i was ready to submit my beloved ZANDER, but was informed it had been stolen out from under me (at which point i staged a mild confessional tantrum in discord emotes). i then submitted 2 other fish, both of which were tiny and didn't even get 2nd place

Ok, so, here. I need to know exactly which two fish you submitted, and the size. And the same thing goes for both Hal and TMor. But if possible, do it after Zoya does.

Because seven fish, nine people. But the other two claim to have gotten second place prizes. And in fact, barring some specific combos of fish between you three... you kind of should have too.

It's not impossible you didn't, mind you, but I'd like to know.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m not going to be able to post much today. But ##vote hal this feels right

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Still think TMor makes the most sense to kill

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Still think TMor makes the most sense to kill

I agree. But I've been burned by common sense logic before and we're not in a hurry. We can hear what everyone has to say.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Idk if this has been discussed but does anyone else think it’s weird that scum didn’t kill Cube? Maerlyn seems likea strange choice

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I was originally thinking that scum Hal didn’t want to vote scum zoya, but now I’m not entirely sold on zoya being scum. So maybe Hal was just playing it safe by voting keats . The Scum team weren’t under any pressure so they didnt need his vote to ensure a town zoya lunch. But then the shift to Keats happened and he ended up voting the townie that got lunched. Whoops

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

Idk if this has been discussed but does anyone else think it’s weird that scum didn’t kill Cube? Maerlyn seems likea strange choice

I think Maer was my solidest town read, but I'm also surprised at how little (none) suspicion she drew this time around. Usually when I townread her I kind of need to fend off scum!Maer arguments, this time I think no one even tried.

So... yea, she was my bet for a kill apart from myself, but it's still a quite surprising kill.

As to "why not Cube", hell knows. I do have thoughts, but none so formed as to be worth of sharing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Shellception posted:

In fact on rereading Moritz I kind of have another question for you. Sorry for the focus buddy, just kinda want to clear my head.

What changed from yesterday re: sandwolf?

Sandwolf wouldn't be bad enough to defend hambeet

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

I was originally thinking that scum Hal didn’t want to vote scum zoya, but now I’m not entirely sold on zoya being scum. So maybe Hal was just playing it safe by voting keats . The Scum team weren’t under any pressure so they didnt need his vote to ensure a town zoya lunch. But then the shift to Keats happened and he ended up voting the townie that got lunched. Whoops

Why don't you think it's scumZoya?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CubicalSucrose posted:

Why don't you think it's scumZoya?

It’s not that I don’t think it’s scum zoya. I just feel better about my Hal read

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Other than my bad D1 vote what is your case on me binus?

Binus replaced Schwinne, right? It's not OMGUS then to ##vote binus

Would also be ok with TM based on the "some non-fish have must be scum" theory, or even Zoya who has gone from fairly quiet to a bit over the top today

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

Ok, so, here. I need to know exactly which two fish you submitted, and the size. And the same thing goes for both Hal and TMor. But if possible, do it after Zoya does.

Because seven fish, nine people. But the other two claim to have gotten second place prizes. And in fact, barring some specific combos of fish between you three... you kind of should have too.

I am fine to do this but if you want Zoya to go first that's fine too.

This is just for last night?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am fine to do this but if you want Zoya to go first that's fine too.

This is just for last night?

Yea, last night, I don't think previous night is going to tell us much. But I think letting her go first is better.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If I need to "defend" my D1 not-vote of Zoya it's that Zoya was clearly busy IRL, wanted to have fun and gamble on Zanders like I did and with no real read of her I preferred to keep her around to have a rival for Zanders because that is more fun. Not that I don't enjoy Keats, but he was being a little weird and felt like a better D1 vote.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Shellception posted:

i don't understand what this accomplishes, but

112g roach, 3275g salmon

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Hal Incandenza posted:

Other than my bad D1 vote what is your case on me binus?

Binus replaced Schwinne, right? It's not OMGUS then to ##vote binus

Would also be ok with TM based on the "some non-fish have must be scum" theory, or even Zoya who has gone from fairly quiet to a bit over the top today

i'd vote binus too, shwinne's posts were off and binus' havent been any better

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

i don't understand what this accomplishes, but

112g roach, 3275g salmon

It's a dumb thing, but I'm looking for a lie somewhere or other. Thanks for humoring me.

Hal, Moritz? Mind doing the same?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

i'd vote binus too, shwinne's posts were off and binus' havent been any better

Agree. Coupled with the fact that binus has been not talking about TMor and instead pushing stuff on Hal feels like those are the last two scum imo.

Kinda why I’m not posting much, all I feel I have rn is “vote moritz” and that’s not fun for anyone or moritz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I'm kinda eh on a binus vote... for now. If nothing else he is accounted for last night, and I'm not getting particularly scummy vibes from him (which doesn't mean I agree with his case, I kind of don't). Everyone needs to talk a lil bit more in general tbh.