Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody will be introducing a new belt design tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

Spinna Tat belt

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

STING 64 posted:

cody will be introducing a new belt design tomorrow.

Smoking Cody Skull Belt with Stars and Bars motif, cause we've had too many drat non-whites as champions in Dubbya Dubbya EE lately. *in loud Cornette voice*

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s going to look so insanely fascist even triple Paul will say it’s a bit much but then Cody will cry about his dad and everything will be forgiven

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Seams posted:

It’s going to look so insanely fascist even triple Paul will say it’s a bit much but then Cody will cry about his dad and everything will be forgiven

Oh absolutely

Or it would just be the current IWGP belt

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Intruder posted:

cody is the most influential man in wrestling in the last 20 years

I could put him down as one of the most influential in the last 5 years since helping to found AEW and his run since coming back to WWE is a heck of a double whammy. To me having an influence means being someone who changes things up. Since AEW has represented the biggest change in the wrestling landscape, I'd err towards giving credit for that influence to the person who had the biggest role in making AEW come into existence, which would have to be Tony Khan.

If we're talking about people who have been influential across all of the past 20 years though, I sadly have to put HHH at the top of that list.

"Influential" is tricky though since there's a lot of different ways to interpret that.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

so cody won because the stars of yesteryear interferred since he couldn't win the big one himself? lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Hefty Leftist posted:

so cody won because the stars of yesteryear interferred since he couldn't win the big one himself? lol

He's a big loser, but how else do you book a match with Roman?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

At least Cody winning means that the WWE title will be defended more than three times a year, and Cody can work a match fine, something Roman can't. Still won't watch, but fed fans will probably be happy with what every bright colors are put on screen

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

they are going to bury cody so loving hard as soon as possible, whether it be through beating him over and over or pushing him down the card or both. its gonna be the rock and roman show now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hefty Leftist posted:

they are going to bury cody so loving hard as soon as possible, whether it be through beating him over and over or pushing him down the card or both. its gonna be the rock and roman show now

didn't roman want to start doing movies or something

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Intruder posted:

didn't roman want to start doing movies or something
I thought WWE was already cinema so this shouldn't be a problem

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Triple H did say that Brock was still in wwe…….

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Seams posted:

Triple H did say that Brock was still in wwe…….

e: there we go

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1643441631792885760

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Mr Hootington posted:

And in the end he choose the company that respects him.

:mmmsmug:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He didn’t beat the rock, so if the rock wants to stick around, could be that.

AJ styles or a heel turn LA Drake.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God bless Cody, God bless America, God bless Eat My Fuc

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

He didn’t beat the rock, so if the rock wants to stick around, could be that.

AJ styles or a heel turn LA Drake.

Wanna see Gunther chop him for ten solid minutes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Cody is almost crying in the press conference because wwe found his dad's watch that dusty pawned to send cody to acting school
he had to pawn a watch to send cody to ovw?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
cody is about to have an american nightmare custom title belt.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/justin_sofok/status/1777168373010342244?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
But what's the STORY?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Champion Pig, what did you win?
With that heavyweight belt, you're a legend, my friend

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this was the best era of raw: when 90% of the roster got busted for steroids so vince's enforcer was carlito

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Majinfoose posted:

Oh absolutely

Or it would just be the current IWGP belt

cool av lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

Pritchard and Nick Khan yes

Christ what an rear end in a top hat. Completely unironically. gently caress that guy.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So the lesson I learn from these results is that Roman couldn't beat the guy that Rock already did. I guess Rock should have been holding the belt for the past nine years.

This was okay; I was really hoping for Knuckles.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Give Cody the Kane feud of Death.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What's the likelihood of Cody's title run being immediately made second fiddle to Rock/Roman?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Drakkel posted:

What's the likelihood of Cody's title run being immediately made second fiddle to Rock/Roman?

Tricky question. On the one hand, it's 100% certain effective immediately.

On the other hand, The Rock and Roman Reigns are part-timers and have already kinda worked two nights. If Roman shows up tonight, that plus WM will be 50% of his total appearances from 2023.

Also, I imagine Rock's muscles sloughed off his bones as soon as he got to his hotel room so he might need a week to rehab.

So, the burial of Cody's reign might take until next week to start. Or the week after, at the latest.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

lol imagine if damian priest cashed in on cody instead and won

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Cody gonna lose it by or before Summerslam.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I actually think professional wrestling like WWE will be looked back on as live theatre similar to modern-day Shakespeare

CHEATBABY CODY
Apr 8, 2024
Sad to see Cody could only win by blatant cheating. Absolutely in no way a real championship. Dusty Rhodes would be spinning in his (necessarily) very oversized grave…

The Cody Crybabies will be crying even harder when Crying Cheating Cody loses his fake championship to Brock Lesnar or whoever in 3 months at the most.

The American Dream would be ashamed that his worst son couldn’t even FINIIIISSSTHHH THE SSSTTTHHHHHTORRRRY without COPIOUUUUSSTHH AMOUNTSSSTHSS of OUTSTHHHHIIDE INTERFERENCSSSTHHHHHHEE

In summary, this falsely won championship…only thanks to interference by Jey Uso, John Cena, Seth Rollins and the Undertaker… is nothing but a stain on the once proud Rhodes family legacy.

Absolutely embarrassing stuff.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
A promo so nice, you posted it everywhere.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Tonight's raw will be 1 hour of yapping and a half hour of 3 matches filled with the people who didn't have a WM match

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

but hey, mjf debut #rawaftermania #anythingcanhappen

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Drew couldn't stop taunting Punk and it cost him.

Roman can't get over Seth and it cost him.

Cinema

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

He's a big loser, but how else do you book a match with Roman?

haha oh no, what crybaby did you piss off to get that av?

dunking on the rape company should be applauded

I'm shocked that Cody won, not shocked that it was CINEMA with a hundred run ins. Saddened Cody loves the rape men, so Cody sucks now too. Shame, used to like him. Hope all the fedpilled people enjoyed their 4 hours of sports entertainment in an 8 hour ad-fest though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

a.lo posted:

Drew couldn't stop taunting Punk and it cost him.

Roman can't get over Seth and it cost him.

Cinema

hhh looked the other way for the last 20 years and it will cost him