Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What is Garfield the Garfield of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
His silly headlines made me giggle when I was a kid. He did that bit before he was on the tonight show

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

https://imgur.com/uzI5Rmi.mp4

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Holy poo poo, I'm amazed that guy was able to walk away from that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soul Dentist posted:

Garfield

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Every time this gets posted I'm duty bound to post this version

https://i.imgur.com/53YwXU3.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Garfield is the Garfield of Rob Liefeld.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mustang posted:

Most of the energy dissiapated when the line hit the bulkhead, otherwise he'd be hosed up

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

PYF Schadenfreude: Rhombus in the nuts

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
PYF Schadenfreude: Dodecahedez nuts

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Soul Dentist posted:

Garfield is the Garfield of explaining a joke for 60 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

Scratch Monkey posted:

His silly headlines made me giggle when I was a kid. He did that bit before he was on the tonight show

That's the only part of the show I would watch, he was a terrible interviewer. Immediately tune out after the monologue and come back for Conan :hmmyes:

Mustang posted:

If it hadn't hit the water first to slow down it could have cut him in half :gonk:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Nit even the water, it hit that part of the pier jutting out a bit and lost most of its momentum. So he just got smacked with a big wet mooring line. Be shocked if it didn't break some ribs. Also dude should not have been anywhere near where he was standing, it's not like they randomly snap.

I've seen one have to be chopped with an ax along with a shore power cable, that was one helluva noise.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

dialhforhero posted:

Aside from being the Garfield of comedy, anything Jay Leno did is essentially the definition of cringe. Every monologue made fun of at least one woman for being a woman.

I liked when he tried to gently caress with Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuqx1nZAsV0

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Soul Dentist posted:

Garfield is the LeBron James of cats

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hyena: "Got your leg, lol"

https://i.imgur.com/3j3pdQz.mp4

It could have easily bitten right through his ankle if it wanted, it was just playing around with him

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It could have easily bitten right through his ankle if it wanted, it was just playing around with him

Don't mess with the dogcat

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This got me curious, because I've heard hyenas have really big jaw strength:

Hyenas have a bite force of about 1100 psi. By comparison, domesticated dogs range between about 75 and 700 psi. A polar bear has about 1200 psi. Wolves average between 400 and 1000 depending on circumstances.

Gorillas, who I assumed don't need so much bite strength, are actually at 1300 psi, like bull sharks.

The MVPs though, unsurprisingly, are hippos (1800), alligators (2100) and crocodiles (up to 5000).

All the same, yeah, dude's lucky if he still has all of leg bones intact after that.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
hyena had enough of his man bun

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Looks more like that hyena wanted that man....ON A BUN!!!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I like how it lets go and immediately gets the other leg.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

davidspackage posted:

Hyenas have a bite force of about 1100 psi. By comparison, domesticated dogs range between about 75 and 700 psi. A polar bear has about 1200 psi. Wolves average between 400 and 1000 depending on circumstances.

Gorillas, who I assumed don't need so much bite strength, are actually at 1300 psi, like bull sharks.

The MVPs though, unsurprisingly, are hippos (1800), alligators (2100) and crocodiles (up to 5000).

All the same, yeah, dude's lucky if he still has all of leg bones intact after that.

I googled humans bite strength for comparison and a bunch of sites say around 160 psi.

:sad:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

He's lucky he wasn't cut in half

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

gay picnic defence posted:

He's lucky he wasn't cut in half

Why would you pass up a perfectly good opportunity to say "cleaved in twain"

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Or even cloven in twain

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Wouldn't "cleft" be the the appropriate conjugation?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Prolly I dunno

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

clove-hitched with twine

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

PurpleXVI posted:

Wouldn't "cleft" be the the appropriate conjugation?

"Paul Daniels!?" they cried.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Cleaved cloven or cleft are all acceptable past participles, the rare triple "you're all right"

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

FFT posted:

I like how it lets go and immediately gets the other leg.

It's leg day, buddy

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Mauser posted:

I googled humans bite strength for comparison and a bunch of sites say around 160 psi.

:sad:

The schad is on me for also googling this instead of reading two posts down.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

davidspackage posted:

No way the hyena was clamping down any where near full force. It could totally shatter his tibia if it wanted to. It’s just biting hard enough to keep him from getting out. It’s loving with him.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

King Carnivore posted:

No way the hyena was clamping down any where near full force. It could totally shatter his tibia if it wanted to. It’s just biting hard enough to keep him from getting out. It’s loving with him.

Yeah sure, but even my cat can playfully bite me a few times and then get overexcited and start clamping down painfully. It might've helped to just cry out exaggeratedly once to startle it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

davidspackage posted:

Yeah sure, but even my cat can playfully bite me a few times and then get overexcited and start clamping down painfully. It might've helped to just cry out exaggeratedly once to startle it.

Once it senses weakness it's gonna attack for real

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Once it senses weakness it's gonna attack for real

I know, but it's a really cute cat most of the time

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sbf25wMywS1s1ddrj.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rlicbrXINJ1vmobp0.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s8j1quTCAh1apj4oy.mp4

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Non Compos Mentis posted:

hyena had enough of his man bun

I’m glad others feel that way :luca:

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

davidspackage posted:

They eat like 35 lbs of bamboo a day. Even if they go for the softer bits that is a ton of chewing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Just like a cat. "I meant to do that. This went perfectly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Guyver posted:

They eat like 35 lbs of bamboo a day. Even if they go for the softer bits that is a ton of chewing.

Gorillas don't eat bamboo. Are you thinking of pandas?