Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Wrestling is like comic books. The continuity only matters for the story being told.

thats right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont want continuity in my wrestling i want roman reigns hit over the head with a chair

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I liked when the audience chanted holy poo poo for the rock and Cena staring down. We did that match already and it sucked rear end and no one wanted it when it happened.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The only bad part of the entrances was undertaker not being in full undertaker.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/BrandonThurston/status/1777308839492136974

lol the wrestlemania money went directly into vince’s pocket

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

shiksa posted:

I just cannot relate to anyone who thinks that Cody rhodes is in any way cool, and not the biggest dork in the world. really the perfect heir to triple h, they're the same dude

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr Hootington posted:

Cody seems like he is willing to do those moves that give the impression of physicality. WWE's matches would be a 100% better if they did more wrist locks, hammer locks, abdominal stretches, chops, eye racks, dropkicks, or rope chokes. Stuff that moves the matches along and mask the repositioning needed for the big moves.

We finally found them, the perfect Randy Orton fan

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The_Rob posted:

I liked when the audience chanted holy poo poo for the rock and Cena staring down. We did that match already and it sucked rear end and no one wanted it when it happened.

Oh my god :lol:

Thrice In A Lifetime!!!!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Thank you Cody 🫡

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

loving Christ what a horrible company

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

gently caress hhh, gently caress nick khan, gently caress the rock and gently caress cody rhodes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Happy Wrestlemania, folks.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

gently caress dude

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
All I want now is for the funniest thing possible to happen and they hotshot the title onto Dwayne on Raw tonight.

Oh my God, black! His signature color!

He's a chair! My Deadman is a chair!

drat YOU! A CHAAAAAAAAAAIR!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Now he has money to pay his victims.

Something like this was always going to happen. Surprised it isn't a full buyout.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/heyheyitsconrad/status/1777311031120838864?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rarity posted:

We finally found them, the perfect Randy Orton fan

Idk why people dislike Orton, but he is fun to watch in ring.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr Hootington posted:

Okay, what.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ok I’ve had enough for today

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
THE mortgage guy?

bartok
May 10, 2006

what was the Dude Wipes move of the night?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

loving Christ what a horrible company

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus christ it's worse than I imagined.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince always wins :smugdon:

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Mr Hootington posted:

Wrestling is like comic books. The continuity only matters for the story being told.

I loving wish this were true. I wish comic book fans thought like this. I wish comic book writers thought like this. I wish comic book companies thought like this.

JethroMcB posted:

All I want now is for the funniest thing possible to happen and they hotshot the title onto Dwayne on Raw tonight.

Oh my God, black! His signature color!

He's a chair! My Deadman is a chair!

drat YOU! A CHAAAAAAAAAAIR!

Maybe I'd be more swayed by Undertaker's Iconic Chair if Taker didn't show up for this looking like he was late for the senior shuttle to cracker barrel

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MJeff posted:

Okay, what.

Are the suits filed against him criminal or civil?

Edit: he has federal and civil so he could get prison time, fines, and have to payout to people.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 8, 2024

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Trying posted:

ok I’ve had enough for today

Looks like no more Trying.

MJeff posted:

Okay, what.

In the American legal system, it is quite traditional for rich white criminals to go "Haha" at the victim and pay them a bit of money to go away. Vince McMahon has done quite a bit of crime so he'll need a bit more money, but no worries: once the videos of him Vince-strutting out of the courtroom go viral, the WWE Youtube channel will generate enough money to pay for any further incidents of that kind.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody winning without a dusty finish or MITB cash in is all I wanted, so i don’t have to spend anymore time watching the fed anymore. If they do Cody vs Gunther or some interesting match up i’d tune in but overall I no longer care, my wrestling viewership has been entirely predicated on this since AEW kinda lost momentum with me. Couldn’t give less of a gently caress about the Rock or Roman but glad they were there to be this unbeatable end boss characters.

Not sure where they go from here but it ain’t my problem anymore. Someone should start a new promotion.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Grendels Dad posted:

In the American legal system, it is quite traditional for rich white criminals to go "Haha" at the victim and pay them a bit of money to go away. Vince McMahon has done quite a bit of crime so he'll need a bit more money, but no worries: once the videos of him Vince-strutting out of the courtroom go viral, the WWE Youtube channel will generate enough money to pay for any further incidents of that kind.

Law and Order intros are getting wordy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cody said this was all worth it, getting in bed with all these monsters, for this moment. He finally has what he always wanted. All it cost him was any shred of integrity he ever had.

It would have been bad enough to just not comment on the lawsuit. But he is actively marching out the loving people involved and making them a big part of his coronation.

I think I gotta go back to actively not reading about WWE for a while because it's got my blood boiling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Did you think a) he already didn't and/or b) they didn't already give him enough. Because either way it's wrong

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mr Hootington posted:

Something like this was always going to happen. Surprised it isn't a full buyout.

hey hey big conquering hero babyface Cody rhodes doesn't like to think of this as a "victim" and "abuser" situation its actually really complicated and vince is actually a really great guy once you get to know him and honestly? let's just see how the court case turns out prob just a big misunderstanding. buy my vodka!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr Hootington posted:

Are the suits filed against him criminal or civil?

Dude do you think he had no money lying around or something? This isn't even his biggest stock sale THIS YEAR.

If anything he's going to spend that money trying to silence and intimidate his victims before he lets a penny of it wind up in their hands. Jesus.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
very well cody, i will buy your american vodka

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The_Rob posted:

john cena was there? it's no surprise then. the legendary battles between the rock and john cena were over 10 yrs ago. of course people were nostalgically very stirred by it. imagine if it were the attitude era instead of the renaissance era, and hulk hogan faced off against the macho man in the middle of the ring on july 12, 1999 or any day around there, 10 years after the mega powers exploded

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wealthy abuser gets hundreds of millions of dollars: “this is good for the victims actually”

🧠

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/vince-mcmahon-sells-more-than-300-million-of-tko-stock

quote:

It's the fourth and fifth unique TKO stock sale instance McMahon has conducted since November:

In November, McMahon sold approximately 30% of his stock (8.4 million shares) for nearly $700 million.
The second came in March with McMahon selling 25% of his remaining stock for $408 million.
The third also came in March with McMahon selling nearly 3.5 million shares for $100 million to Morgan Stanley to complete a margin loan transaction he took in March 2020.
In total, McMahon has brought in more than $1.5 billion from the various sales.

And he was already a billionaire before this. He didn't not pay because he couldn't; he specifically stopped paying because he didn't want to and thought he could intimidate one victim into silence, and get away with it because America routinely lets rich white people (and in Jon Jones' case they don't even have to be the white part) get away with anything. And he already came back into the company once during a scandal, so he was already proven correct even before this part further proved him correct

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

You're so out of your league, stick to less full contact sports like CSPAM hoot.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah we're not going to frame any part of Vince getting millions of dollars from his sex trafficking ring as a defensible thing. The rot goes to the core and I have no tolerance for Handing It To 'Em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Thank you

Also while we're on a similar subject, and I'm fine with taking it to the feedback thread if needed, I hope a ban (if not perma) is coming for Mel breaking a forumban twice in a month