Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The amount of little shots they are taking at AEW sounds extremely Not Mad On The Internet, and it's very funny

Pat McAfee and CM Punk making jokes about attendance numbers, Triple H yammering about people not wanting to work a tough road schedule...

Keep being salty, folks, definitely convincing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gavok posted:

WWE does have a guy with the gimmick of "deranged serial killer with a heart of gold... except for all the murdering," but I don't think he's been on TV for forever.
Dexter Loomis lol

good ol Chucky Krueger.
ol Jason Torrance over here. ol Sweeney Bates. good ol Jigsaw Dolarhyde. ol Ghostface Leatherface

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Mads Kruger is an MLW gimmick

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
CM punk getting injured and spending all wrestlemania weekend whining about AEW rules

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he would have complained about if if he wasnt injured. the injury just ads more to it

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

"you Can't put it in the dirtsheets that I'm still Mad about AEW" Punk

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
wait, is cm punk shilling for the rape slave company lol??

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Literally A Person posted:

buddy, he signed back onto it after years of making GBS threads on WWE and sueing them lol

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
What an industry!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cm punk showing that he is a massive hypocrite with zero principals has been the funniest thing about all of this

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cm punk showing that he is a massive hypocrite with zero principals has been the funniest thing about all of this

My favorite part of the interview is him saying that he went back to WWE because it wasn't worth it staying mad and he has to live one day at a time. Also, Colt Cabana did try to speak with him in AEW to make amends, but Punk refused to interact with him without a lawyer present.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Literally A Person posted:

he dunked on the miz at one point on twitter saying that miz should suck a blood money covered dick in saudi arabia

and now was hosting the mania kickoff show alongside the miz and miz was making a funney joke about how he would never get a tattoo of the mania attendance number or anything, a jab at an AEW wrestler who did that not long ago

punk had to laugh at miz's joke despite his wife having the date of her world championship win tattooed on her

I then loled too

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

rotinaj posted:

he dunked on the miz at one point on twitter saying that miz should suck a blood money covered dick in saudi arabia

and now was hosting the mania kickoff show alongside the miz and miz was making a funney joke about how he would never get a tattoo of the mania attendance number or anything, a jab at an AEW wrestler who did that not long ago

punk had to laugh at miz's joke despite his wife having the date of her world championship win tattooed on her

I then loled too

and now i have lol'd

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The only thing I know about the Miz is that he had a whole reality show about him moving to a big rear end mansion in Austin, and any kind of person who does that has to be a jackass piece of poo poo.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

rotinaj posted:

I then loled too

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

and now i have lol'd

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cody actually finished the story, so I guess now he will evaporate into mist and drift into the Philadelphia sky

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Cody actually finished the story, so I guess now he will evaporate into mist and drift into the Philadelphia sky

Actually, tradition demands that he has a heatless feud with whoever is the WWE's new Kane.

Or maybe they will just bring back Kane, whatever works best.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
codeh

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Well looks like in a few years we'll find out the identity of The X-Mark Killer.

Or maybe things will actually go okay, would be nice.

Edit: Also man oh man, in kayfabe terms, Seth Rollins had a REAL lousy Wrestlemania 40.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 8, 2024

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Actually, tradition demands that he has a heatless feud with whoever is the WWE's new Kane.

Or maybe they will just bring back Kane, whatever works best.

they still got Baron Corbin over there? Kane's probably a bit long in the tooth for anything more than part-time appearances, and last time I watched the product a Baron Corbin feud was a metaphorical liquid nitrogen bath for the other poor jabroni's career

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cornwind Evil posted:

Edit: Also man oh man, in kayfabe terms, Seth Rollins had a REAL lousy Wrestlemania 40.

LOL that the Shield logo was up longer than Seth was in tonight's main event

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

SatansOnion posted:

they still got Baron Corbin over there? Kane's probably a bit long in the tooth for anything more than part-time appearances, and last time I watched the product a Baron Corbin feud was a metaphorical liquid nitrogen bath for the other poor jabroni's career

Corbin is a good call, although I think he's down at NXT to infuse some star power into that show lol.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
lmao at that overbooked mess

WWE stans are gonna talk more about Undertaker chokeslamming Rock than they are about Cody finally ending the long nightmare

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i hope everyone enjoyed the colossal tussle 40

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Corbin ... star power ... lol.

agreed and also lmao

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hell have to feud with whichever 50 year old wrestler gets talked into coming back for a few months, probably..Cena or something

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Goldust and Stardust beat Bloodline, Rock and Roman forced to sit in the corner of the ring and eat fish heads out of a bucket like the Wild Samoans in the early 80s.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
It's gonna be AJ or something

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Szyznyk posted:

Goldust and Stardust beat Bloodline, Rock and Roman forced to sit in the corner of the ring and eat fish heads out of a bucket like the Wild Samoans in the early 80s.

I'm reasonably sure that Dustin would rather die than return to the WWE, or will die shortly after he does return.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm just going to stand here and smuggly (and definitely hypocritically) pass judgement on everyone that still watches WWE. :smug:

...you all are stinky.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I just watched WWE's own highlights of that wrestlemania just there. Wrestling from the 80s and the best bits were not wrestling. Their product is hosed.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Time for the return of David Flair

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I like that "Bloodline Rules" meant "We'll interfere, but only one at a time and give enough time for countering. Oh, and also kill Seth Rollins"

At least when they did that made up "Viking Rules" match a while back, they decorated the ring to look like a child's toy concept of a viking longship

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/vince-mcmahon-tko-stock-sale-endeavor-1235868497/amp/

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
*Looks forward to a Jan 6th match*

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Time for the return of David Flair

Bring back this all-timer Titantron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hlO_1JGTww

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

One last mania paycheck, huh Vince

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So Vince hated dusty rhodes and by extension also hated his son and grandson?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

wesleywillis posted:

So Vince hated dusty rhodes and by extension also hated his son and grandson?

vince tried his hardest to make dusty look stupid when dusty was in the WWE and it always failed because dusty was a very likeable person no matter what you made him wear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dustin struggled with drug addiction and an estranged relationship with Dusty and he was saddled with the Golddust gimmick long after it wore out its welcome but AEW shows that after he got clean and healthy he's a very good wrestler