Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Infinitum posted:

I hope there's a new picture of him staring at the eclipse today

Fat chance. Only reason he was caught glaring at it before was because he was POTUS at the time. There’s a good chance he has no idea it’s happening this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I just hope we take this opportunity to defeat the fire nation once and for all.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Monica Bellucci posted:

The only sun Trump actually wants to look at.

:lmao:

And even then he's glad he doesn't have to see it often.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1777341945188147522?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

I love that the picture which makes Trump look the most sympathetic he’s ever looked (IMO) also shows him to be a loving idiot.

That photo needs a Melania thought bubble. "He did it. He looked at it. He actually looked at it. He really just did that. He did. He looked."

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
happy "look directly into the sun" day everyone!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I feel like spreading a rumor that the Deep State doesn't want you staring directly into the eclipse because they are hiding something was a lost opportunity

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Convex posted:

While you losers look at the sun, I'll be looking at the moon :smug:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Convex posted:

Staring into the sun frees you from the liberal cells in your eyes!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Nessus posted:

Staring into the sun frees you from the liberal cells in your eyes!

why would they call them "cells" unless they were being used to keep you prisoner?

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
Everyone knows that you have to look directly at the eclipse without eye protection to get Raptured.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Millions of Chinese regular army soldiers will use the eclipse to invade Nebraska from their 1000 meter deep bunkers in the Denver international airport

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

why would they call them "cells" unless they were being used to keep you prisoner?
Exactly. Free your eye humors for TRUMP

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
DJT down almost 11% from open now lol

You'll get another round of suckers at 36 to keep the price up for a bit, then it's gonna start a fall again until the next plateau prob around 30

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Is there a magic number where the stock gets delisted and we lol forever?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

actually3raccoons posted:

NYSE removes stocks that stay below $1 for 30 days.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is there a tipping point for DJT stock where it gets to some point and everyone just tries to sell.

Like a cascade failure? Doss that exist for stocks.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

actually3raccoons posted:

$0.69

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Grey Cat posted:

This is NASDAQ though.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

It's the same rule for NASDAQ, which is the exchange that matters here.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

but it can still be traded OTC (over-the-counter) which is how the penny stock scam from Wolf of Wall Street worked. The company has to go bankrupt for the shares to be untradeable.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

TheAgent posted:

DJT down almost 11% from open now lol

You'll get another round of suckers at 36 to keep the price up for a bit, then it's gonna start a fall again until the next plateau prob around 30
Dead cat bounce...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Canoo just did a 23:1 reverse stock split to stay above a dollar. Trump is going to do a dozen 45:1 reverse splits to keep the grift going.

“Buy now, One share today is worth 45 last week, it can only go up!”

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Hollismason posted:

Is there a tipping point for DJT stock where it gets to some point and everyone just tries to sell.

I think some unknown critical value probably exists for regular stocks, but meme stocks seem to draw a nonzero number of dedicated bag holders.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

I doubt theres going to be big buy orders anymore at all unless something very, very shady happens. You might see someone try at $25 and dump them for $30, but the big swing upwards is done. There's nothing marketable about the company, no profit or potential, no buzzwords besides Trump himself. That itself carries a huge liability, both professionally and monetarily.

Could have some weird swings when it hits sub $13, but who knows. The stock market is entirely conjecture, tea leaves and magic farts and doesn't follow reality. Could be that this time next week it hits $100 but lol that ain't gonna happen. The suckers have been bled, the rich people who fleeced em have made their money at 79 a share.

The rest is gonna be little people fighting over scraps.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Trump, Toilet & Truth

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It rules that Trump is going to be one of the little people fighting over the scraps

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Froghammer posted:

It rules that Trump is going to be one of the little people fighting over the scraps

Would not surprise me one bit if later on it’s revealed the board gave him permission to sell at least some of his stock already. :sad:

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Hollismason posted:

The company has no assets or potential for profit ever. Everyone is just speculating on what is effectively a Trump NFT (or maybe cryptocurrency?) So predicting what 'thresholds' exist for investor action is going to be tricky.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Would not surprise me one bit if later on it’s revealed the board gave him permission to sell at least some of his stock already. :sad:
if that happens (or happened) at all you'll see a very, very fast free fall by a couple dozen percentage points or more. It's obvious when a big wet main investor cuts and runs. Everyone follows that trend to try and eek out the very last dollar from bag holders.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Lmfao if the person cratering the price is Trump selling to extract any cash he can from his stock with a plan to demand forgiveness from the Board and the SEC later.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think we'd see it in the current float

that said, expect Pmurt to do some insane pump before dumping, i.e. offering signed orders or merchandise for :airquote: shareholders :airquote: above a certain limit

:lol: at Pmurt pumping and dumping

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
The stock drops tickle my fancy, but I need some anti-abortionist screeds trashing Trump’s non-policy policy stance to really make my day.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

withak posted:

Lmfao if the person cratering the price is Trump selling to extract any cash he can from his stock with a plan to demand forgiveness from the Board and the SEC later.

This is an incredibly stupid and illegal idea, therefore it’s probably the most likely thing actually happening.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s my understanding that if you own more than 10% of a company's stock, you have to file some Intent To Sell paperwork with the SEC before selling. Regular people anyway.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Someone said this was Bumble Piss Jack

Is this confirmed?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It’s my understanding that if you own more than 10% of a company's stock, you have to file some Intent To Sell paperwork with the SEC before selling. Regular people anyway.

If there's a fine for violating that rule, then you can just price that in as the cost to dump the stock. I'd pay a $10K fine to make $500K.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

You are supposed to... But do you have to? You go, you click the sell button, it still sells

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I should also mention that unlike other overflated and overvauled stock (cough cough Tesla cough cough) is that absolutely none of the big 401k/investment places touched DJT or folded it into their portfolios.

There's no real reason to keep DJT high (unless for the debat)

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Almost all SEC actions include disgorgement for precisely that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

If there's a fine for violating that rule, then you can just price that in as the cost to dump the stock. I'd pay a $10K fine to make $500K.

I'm pretty sure that's a "straight to jail" type of offense for big trades that can move the market.