Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The weird thing is I don’t remember Lexx being this horny yet it keeps coming up ITT…?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There was a Lexx miniseries before the original series that was a bit more risque IIRC.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Lexx Season 2 was probably the horniest season, probably more so than the minseries/Season 1. Things got toned down a bit for Seasons 3 and 4.

IIRC. It's been two decades.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Squibbles posted:

I thought bg3 got a rep for being horny because there was a bug at launch were people could be romanced way faster than intended. They supposedly toned it down but, not having played it before the patch I don't know how different it was. Other than apparently the sex speed runs got ruined?

They most certainly DID tone it down and it is STILL horny. 😳😳😳

Also, yea. Lexx doesn't quite hold up upon modern rewatch lol

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
I bought myself a naked statue for the camp and it is quite hilarious. I thought I would be admiring a hewn rock version of myself for everyone to enjoy and instead when you examine it, you are presented with your character model completely pootling around in the buff and get a bless buff. 10/10 would be this vain again.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

minthara's full horny slaughter women and children > gobble cock > reverse cowgirl > god told me to skin you alive has left my opinions on full horny REELING

If you're dark urge you can also snap her neck when she's curled up to you afterwards

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

My wife was super embarrassed mentioning to me the other day about caving in and buying one of those dumb "spicy" romance game apps on her phone, and I was just smiling and nodding and reassuring her it's not really all that horny while images of this game's sex scenes and lingerie slumber parties at camp played in my head.

Shumagorath posted:

The weird thing is I don’t remember Lexx being this horny yet it keeps coming up ITT…?

That, and I didn't think it was even popular enough to warrant being mentioned this often.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I wasn't sure what Lexx was besides a gay dating app, and Google tells me it's a sci-fi show created by two brothers, one of whom was named Lex

Horny Game Chat: I literally make sexy games as part of my day job, and when the Halsin bear thing came out I threw my hands up and went "WELP" because I was waffling on whether the Steam store would accept some of the content I'd designed, and Halsin Bear Fuckin' was way more than I'd had planned. Narratively.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

EorayMel posted:

If you're dark urge you can also snap her neck when she's curled up to you afterwards

I’ve done a lot of hosed up poo poo in this game including using karlach’s severed head as a weapon. But that is the one thing I haven’t been able to bring myself to do.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

spaced ninja posted:

I’ve done a lot of hosed up poo poo in this game including using karlach’s severed head as a weapon. But that is the one thing I haven’t been able to bring myself to do.

Even break your oath by killing Scratch?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
There's a chest that requires 16 to lockpick. I have Shadowheart's guidance active (1-4 bonus on every roll).

I have failed that roll 18 times in a row now but I'm too lazy to calculate how unlikely that was. Anyone want to try? Also call the "hurrrrr you don't understand variance" guy in the thread to chastise me please, I think it was Exquisite Tea iirc.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Somewhere around 0.02% I think. Congratulations!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kawabata posted:

There's a chest that requires 16 to lockpick. I have Shadowheart's guidance active (1-4 bonus on every roll).

I have failed that roll 18 times in a row now but I'm too lazy to calculate how unlikely that was. Anyone want to try? Also call the "hurrrrr you don't understand variance" guy in the thread to chastise me please, I think it was Exquisite Tea iirc.

every guide and suggestion regarding Grymforge recommends ONLY taking the Medium and Heavy Adamatine Armor or 2x Heavy Armors, but on my second playthrough, even tho my main character was kitted for lockpick at all times, I got insane mileage out of the 1h Mace for just wrecking inanimate objects? my regret was that I did not take the 2h Sword because I think it would hit even harder (even tho an item bash sword instead of an item bash mace is silly)

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

wizard2 posted:

every guide and suggestion regarding Grymforge recommends ONLY taking the Medium and Heavy Adamatine Armor or 2x Heavy Armors, but on my second playthrough, even tho my main character was kitted for lockpick at all times, I got insane mileage out of the 1h Mace for just wrecking inanimate objects? my regret was that I did not take the 2h Sword because I think it would hit even harder (even tho an item bash sword instead of an item bash mace is silly)

I had the sword on my barbarian in our first playthrough and it was indeed ultra strong for ripping through doors and chests. I don't think I used it much after a while though because with 20 str and a 2 handed hammer he was just fine smashing most things apart without issue.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Definitively, do we know if bashing containers wreck the contents? I remember seeing chatter about it last year at 1.0, and never followed up on it.. I think that was just people still remembering the burn of item bash rules from Neverwinter Nights :whitewater:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Squibbles posted:

I had the sword on my barbarian in our first playthrough and it was indeed ultra strong for ripping through doors and chests. I don't think I used it much after a while though because with 20 str and a 2 handed hammer he was just fine smashing most things apart without issue.

hmm. I did have my main as Fighter 8, Rogue 4, but I was 1h + shield. I felt I was luckier when I swapped to the forge mace? dunno!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kawabata posted:

Get the wizard hireling, teach wizard hireling knock, swap out someone with the wizard and open that sucker up instantly with a benchwarmer

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Im sure I probably can already do this and more on PC proper but I would love to Steam Workshop in like, Knock or even Disintigrate as no cost at-will powers

feller
Jul 5, 2006

wizard2 posted:

Definitively, do we know if bashing containers wreck the contents? I remember seeing chatter about it last year at 1.0, and never followed up on it.. I think that was just people still remembering the burn of item bash rules from Neverwinter Nights :whitewater:

It does not wreck the contents

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

wizard2 posted:

Those AI-slurry guides aren’t even saying get the shield and an armour?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The medium and heavy armors give you the best longevity although special cases can be made for the other pieces as well.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There's a lot less demand for heavy armors in the party, relative to how many other really good ones there are, than shields.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I was kinda disappointed that the superior plate mail is sold by Dammon in act 3 and not found in some epic dangerous location like where you found the adamantine set. Although I guess that is the theme with the Baldur's Gate games, the robe of vecna is sold in the very first shop you go to in BG2 and that thing is way more game breakingly powerful than anything in BG3.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Node posted:

I was kinda disappointed that the superior plate mail is sold by Dammon in act 3 and not found in some epic dangerous location like where you found the adamantine set. Although I guess that is the theme with the Baldur's Gate games, the robe of vecna is sold in the very first shop you go to in BG2 and that thing is way more game breakingly powerful than anything in BG3.

yeah, the best items in Baldur's Gate games have always been "reforge the forever lost weapon of impossible destiny" and "resolve the epic quest and claim what it rightfully yours" or "pickpocket a commoner" and "buy it at the store" and it does NOT discriminate between the two. it is so lovely that Larian continued the spirit of BG's itemization! my wish for a future patch would be item improvement to +3 (doesn't matter SO much) and transmog/glamour system (extremely important)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

Speaking of BG2 (and 1), I haven't played either in a while. I bought them on GOG and played BG1 for a half hour or so. It still kind of holds up, except for the real time pause system and the vast empty wildernesses. I might want to look up some guides and re-experience them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

wizard2 posted:

yeah, the best items in Baldur's Gate games have always been "reforge the forever lost weapon of impossible destiny" and "resolve the epic quest and claim what it rightfully yours" or "pickpocket a commoner" and "buy it at the store" and it does NOT discriminate between the two. it is so lovely that Larian continued the spirit of BG's itemization! my wish for a future patch would be item improvement to +3 (doesn't matter SO much) and transmog/glamour system (extremely important)

I'd like an NG+ mode where every item in the game was rebalanced for Level 12 so that a few more pieces could stay relevant into Act 3.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

feller posted:

It does not wreck the contents

I just destroyed a chest with a mace and nothing was in it.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

I'd like an NG+ mode where every item in the game was rebalanced for Level 12 so that a few more pieces could stay relevant into Act 3.

yeah! that would own. there are a lot of really neat toys that get edged out by less interesting/more powerful ones, I think?

I just beat the game a second time, and was going through the little party at the end. I was looking at the new digs everybody gets, and I thought "it would be cool if these were unlockables for the next run, Larian, make it so..."

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Kawabata posted:

Well that is odd. I usually have someone smite the chests if astarion isn’t with me and I get the contents. Now I need to do a lockpick RELOAD smash comparison

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wizard2 posted:

yeah! that would own. there are a lot of really neat toys that get edged out by less interesting/more powerful ones, I think?

I just beat the game a second time, and was going through the little party at the end. I was looking at the new digs everybody gets, and I thought "it would be cool if these were unlockables for the next run, Larian, make it so..."

It's also a bummer to get some of the really insane late game gear only to use it in like, one encounter. I don't know what the solution to that would be. Other than some level 12 DLC (:smith:)

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

ClydeFrog posted:

Well that is odd. I usually have someone smite the chests if astarion isn’t with me and I get the contents. Now I need to do a lockpick RELOAD smash comparison

For reference it's the chest at the top of some tower ruins in the Moonrise Towers area, right where you fight the big evil trees. There's a skeleton next to it with a diary saying he's found "a key to a chest but unless it contains sun and water I'm still dead" or something like it. Maybe chests that have existing keys to open them somewhere can't be bashed in?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Kawabata posted:

I had that happen once, when I bashed the chest with the haste helmet in and couldn't find the helmet. It was there on the floor but not highlighting when I held alt because it landed under a wheel or whatever. I could still pick it up once i saw it tho

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

exquisite tea posted:

you can do this right now, install mods that let you level past 12, a mod that levels monsters with you, and a mod that lets you upgrade items

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/377
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/5913
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1626

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Moonrise has stuff in it, I discovered this time. Last run I saved it for last and assaulted it, so I missed out on lots of quests.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

wizard2 posted:

The shield is very good for the radiating orb light cleric build. It makes it so those natural 20s creatures need to hit you don't crit, and when they miss they get stacks of reeling which stack with the boots so they get instantly knocked down. It's obscenely strong.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
oh, yeah. beat Baldur's Gate 2 for a second time! I was Astarion and I performed unspeakable deeds :drac:

No real comments beyond than rn, except re: Shadowheart's quest resolution, I like her evil character arc and her personality shift much better, but Im not certain the resolution of Act 2, and its consequences on Act 3 are really worth it? you get locked out of a hell of a loooot

oh yeah! also, the bonuses you get for being an evil vamp rule and are a ton of fun

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ascended astarion as a monk in particular is completely absurd, he gets like an extra 1d10 necrotic per hit.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
absolutely wild how good melee is in this game

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Zodium posted:

ascended astarion as a monk in particular is completely absurd, he gets like an extra 1d10 necrotic per hit.

Yeah I have him as a Gloomstalker right now, but as soon as I get that bonus for him he's paying $100 to Withers for some karate lessons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

What triggers Orin killing the kidnapped party member? She got Laezel this time who I actually want around.