Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Subjunctive posted:

It feels like “flurry” is pretty niche, even ignoring that it’s for the rightmost side. I guess it’s mostly for with double use/quaduse keywords or repeat-turn powers?

And Cantrips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh right!

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
That reminds me, has anyone gotten cantrip on a quaduse side? I've been wondering if it activates 4 times whenever you roll it, but I haven't been able to find that combo to try it out.

Also, I managed to beat Nightmare with a cat team. Most important item that run was definitely the dispel amulet to completely negate the threat of death sigils, thorns and hexias, while being good against a ton of other enemies too. Possibly my new favorite item.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

That reminds me, has anyone gotten cantrip on a quaduse side? I've been wondering if it activates 4 times whenever you roll it, but I haven't been able to find that combo to try it out.

From memory last time I got that is that it procs once and uses up a single use from the total.

So multi use is an anti-synergy with cantrip

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Also, I managed to beat Nightmare with a cat team. Most important item that run was definitely the dispel amulet to completely negate the threat of death sigils, thorns and hexias, while being good against a ton of other enemies too. Possibly my new favorite item.

It's almost necessary. You didn't mention Slates, but, uh, 40some HP slates are run killers without that item.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Random Heaven into Nightmare, found a Hyper For All Sides item and made a hypotheses

turns out im right and now I win every fight with 50% chance unless I meet the inevitable Inevitables because for SOME reason I still have zero Dispell

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Custom mode is good for science

`=hero.cantrip&hero.quadUse.mn.quadtrip`

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bug report: Sometimes when I load a save where I haven't finished party and curse selection, if I press the re-roll button it crashes the game. I play on Android.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

norp posted:

From memory last time I got that is that it procs once and uses up a single use from the total.

So multi use is an anti-synergy with cantrip

I had this come up last night and from what I could tell I still got to use the side normally 4 times after proccing cantrip, but I was sleepy so I could be mistaken.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bug Report: Sometimes I go to the bathroom and start the game and then an hour later I can't feel my legs. pls patch

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Yeah same, I had the dispel amulet and it almost trivialised stuff that would have ended another run. I had four cats and one orange and the orange was some ridiculous level and was doing like 40 damage poison cleave hits while one of my cats was just stripping monster abilities with cleave as well.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Bug Report: Sometimes I go to the bathroom and start the game and then an hour later I can't feel my legs. pls patch

*Sluice & Deuce

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Only downside to the dispel amulet is it will also remove your castable spells if you use it on an ally, which is a funny interaction I've never had come up in past with the dispel potion.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Einwand posted:

Myco's actually good unlike most of the T2 blues, please do not move him.

I think an issue I have with classes is that I wish more of the T3 were like focused or stronger versions of T2. There are clear cases where that is true: Hoarder->Collector->Curator gets progressively more powerful sides and in some cases trades some versatility for more power.

However classes like Bard, Myco, Fey, Pilgrim, Armorer don't necessarily have upgrades that can do what they do. Its very annoying! There is a red class that has 1 side with a 1 damage weaken, but why can't I get a red class with some bigger weaken sides? Too OP if we have access to it? Or a grey class with the re-roll cantrip synergy of Bard. Pilgrim's upgrade path seems to be valkyrie but no stun or re-roll. No grey hero with smithing and AOE shields. No blue heroes with growth related combo of physical attack/mana/shield.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Jerkface posted:

I think an issue I have with classes is that I wish more of the T3 were like focused or stronger versions of T2. There are clear cases where that is true: Hoarder->Collector->Curator gets progressively more powerful sides and in some cases trades some versatility for more power.

However classes like Bard, Myco, Fey, Pilgrim, Armorer don't necessarily have upgrades that can do what they do. Its very annoying! There is a red class that has 1 side with a 1 damage weaken, but why can't I get a red class with some bigger weaken sides? Too OP if we have access to it? Or a grey class with the re-roll cantrip synergy of Bard. Pilgrim's upgrade path seems to be valkyrie but no stun or re-roll. No grey hero with smithing and AOE shields. No blue heroes with growth related combo of physical attack/mana/shield.

the Alternate heroes seem a little strong at times but this is the dream

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Myco is great on 20-floor runs, can’t speak for others. Spore is a really good spell with tons of synergy options, and mana generation is the same as evoker on the most important turn but with better failstates. Glacia/caldera/fiend/myco/seer all feel like reasonably balanced and strong choices.

I will sometimes take the cursed chests early. The thing about tier 1 items is that there are a bunch that shift sides around, which is key for a bunch of strong late game synergy. Still getting a feel for it but I think it is well-balanced for classic hard/unfair.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah same, I had the dispel amulet and it almost trivialised stuff that would have ended another run. I had four cats and one orange and the orange was some ridiculous level and was doing like 40 damage poison cleave hits while one of my cats was just stripping monster abilities with cleave as well.

I rolled orange with 481 kill side + cantrip + cleave

Didn't have determination and wiped to a death sigil

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://i.imgur.com/S4ioGhG.mp4

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's a cheap and legal thrill

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Keyword roll call
Cantrip
Tipsy
Hyper boned
Groooooowth

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Stop, stop! They're already healed!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hyperuse growth is completely deranged and i love it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Ciaphas posted:

hyperuse growth is completely deranged and i love it

how do i acquire this technology

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Classic Heaven mode and RNG for me.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jerkface posted:

how do i acquire this technology

either way you need a +level to items blessing to get the Hyper, the more the better, and either a Primrose or generated red hero for the groooowth

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
With enough itemlevel, "Add groooooowth to all sides" items will pop up pretty routinely. I forget the item level, probably 18 or so.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bug report: in roman numeral mode, the idol of pythagorus does not give a thousand HP to my Monk

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
^^^lol

eventually found the dispel item :toot:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I've been doing a bunch of Loot Mode runs and my favorite part about Loot Mode is that, at some point, the game will ask you if you would like to immediately lose the game. It will take every ounce of strength you have to not hit the "collapse all your rank 0-N items into a rank 10+ item". I will do it anyway.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Did the chance to get loot quality/quantity blessings in loot mode get removed in 3.0?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
A nitpick, but the flavor text "only curses remain" should maybe be changed for Blursed.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Only blurses remain

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zodack posted:

Only blurses remain

From your mouth to Tann's ears :pray:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How are you guys getting up to these crazy item levels? I think I need to unlock some more modes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
What's the hardest final boss in your experience? Don't ask me why but I have a terrible record against the Dragon's poison spam.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

A tossup between The Hand and The Inevitable, I think. Dragon's beatable with some cleanse and dice that do things, same for Hexia but with burst being really lovely. The Hand really needs you to have a team that is "unfair" and can abuse the +1 all dice faces or you'll get overrode really quickly, while Inevitable needs a team that can break through multiple ghost pips at once or at least really good aoe to not get bogged down by wisp skeletons.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I think The Hand, especially when they roll back-to-back saber sides. I wish there was something like "all-identical-sides-exert" or something for summon spam specifically.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

How are you guys getting up to these crazy item levels? I think I need to unlock some more modes.

The cursed/blursed, etc modes don't stop at level 20. Your curses and blessings keep piling up as you go deeper.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I somehow haven't managed to roll the Inevitable since 3.0 came out so I gotta give it to The Hand. He's just kinda blatantly unfair, and that +1 pip is only helping specific heroes. It's probably worth picking something like Agent or Sorcerer in most runs solely to hedge your bets on The Hand showing up.

Lots of people like to complain about Hexia, but IMO she's the easiest. She honestly doesn't do that much outside of her abilities, so you just gotta make sure you've got enough defense to hold out against the damage you do to yourself. Or uh, just be broken strong enough that you can kill her while only sacrificing a hero or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Hand > Dragon > Hexia IMO

Inevitable still seems like the easiest end boss to me but everyone says it's actually a bastard so maybe me just am play Bizarro world???