Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the same thing happened with cody when he was first in the WWE saddled with a stupid gimmick and forced to work comedy matches but once he left to found AEW and then came back he became their most popular babyface because when he's not allowed to book himself he's an entertaining wrestler that checks all the marks for the company baby face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

wesleywillis posted:

So Vince hated dusty rhodes and by extension also hated his son and grandson?

Dusty invented the wrestling pay-per-view model that Vince got rich from.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

So wait his Titantron is just his name, him twisting back and forth and Ric Flair looking on like a disappointed dad? What????

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

Dusty invented the wrestling pay-per-view model that Vince got rich from.

dusty along with sting and ric flair was also synonymous with WCW and vince will never let the monday night wars go

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So wait his Titantron is just his name, him twisting back and forth and Ric Flair looking on like a disappointed dad? What????

David Flair didn't have "it."

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The idea with Titantrons is that they'll show off rapid fire cuts of what the performer has done, intermixed with their name. If the wrestler hasn't actually done ANYTHING, the Titantron will be very bare bones, the idea being that it needs to be filled up as rapidly as possible. If you look at Mike Awesome's WCW match debut's 'Nitrotron', all the clips on it are just him walking to the ring, because that's all he'd actually done on screen in the company. Since Mike actually wrestled matches, that Titantron quickly became much more like a traditional one.

Since David Flair ended up doing absolutely nothing, that ultra bare bones Titantron is all we got, living on in humor years later. He's not alone. There was also Gregory Helms' Titantron...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJB_BDG1d8s

He'd just turned heel, abandoned his Hurricane gimmick, and then he suffered a neck injury that kept him out of action for a year, so Take 1 on his Titantron was just this. And then there was Joseph "Animal of the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom' Laurinaitis, who after the terrible idea of reforming the Warriors-Legion with Heidenreich collapsed in two weeks or so because Heidenreich had a crisis and quit the company out of nowhere, decided he was just going to be a heel called "The Road Warrior"...and I think he was around for like another two weeks before he vanished off TV forever, so this was his Titantron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYKtxPB5vI

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
david flair's sole reason for being in WCW was to spend time with his dad and get paid to do nothing

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

He got this memo and sold in disgust:
https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1777177261952602603#m

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

david flair's sole reason for being in WCW was to spend time with his dad and get paid to do nothing

Usually Ric Flair has to pay money to NOT spend time with his kids

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i take joy that vince is alone in his mansion eating the wallpaper and screaming about them using the words he banned on television like "fan" and "wrestler"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

The idea with Titantrons is that they'll show off rapid fire cuts of what the performer has done, intermixed with their name. If the wrestler hasn't actually done ANYTHING, the Titantron will be very bare bones, the idea being that it needs to be filled up as rapidly as possible. If you look at Mike Awesome's WCW match debut's 'Nitrotron', all the clips on it are just him walking to the ring, because that's all he'd actually done on screen in the company. Since Mike actually wrestled matches, that Titantron quickly became much more like a traditional one.

Since David Flair ended up doing absolutely nothing, that ultra bare bones Titantron is all we got, living on in humor years later. He's not alone. There was also Gregory Helms' Titantron...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJB_BDG1d8s

He'd just turned heel, abandoned his Hurricane gimmick, and then he suffered a neck injury that kept him out of action for a year, so Take 1 on his Titantron was just this. And then there was Joseph "Animal of the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom' Laurinaitis, who after the terrible idea of reforming the Warriors-Legion with Heidenreich collapsed in two weeks or so because Heidenreich had a crisis and quit the company out of nowhere, decided he was just going to be a heel called "The Road Warrior"...and I think he was around for like another two weeks before he vanished off TV forever, so this was his Titantron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYKtxPB5vI

These are so beautiful :allears:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i take joy that vince is alone in his mansion eating the wallpaper and screaming about them using the words he banned on television like "fan" and "wrestler"

WTF, he banned Fan? For what, sports entertainment appreciator?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Monica Bellucci posted:

mark

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Monica Bellucci posted:

fans are called the WWE Universe or, if need be, "you"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the banned list of words is really funny https://wrestletalk.com/features/full-list-of-banned-words-in-wwe-updated/

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

He hates straps!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

You can't say "the title is on the line?" Lmao what these are batshit banned words

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sneaking into Vince's house and putting Annoyatrons everywhere that play whispered words and phrases like "title shot" and "interesting"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Vince McMahon hates yawning and giraffes. He's also a rapist.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You can't say "the title is on the line?" Lmao what these are batshit banned words

i cant remember which wrestler it was but they said title shot on air and vince screamed at them backstage over it to their complete confusion lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
some of the banned words make sense because they are "insider" words like face and heel and the show should try to at least pretend there is kayfabe but some of them are because vince hates wrasslin' terms like strap and others are because he is completely insane

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Vince McMahon hates yawning and giraffes. He's also a rapist.

You left out sneezing. If he hates yawning, there's no way he doesn't hate sneezing.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Monica Bellucci posted:

You left out sneezing. If he hates yawning, there's no way he doesn't hate sneezing.

there's a story of him sneezing in a writers meeting and screaming drat IT at the top of his lungs over it

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there's a story of him sneezing in a writers meeting and screaming drat IT at the top of his lungs over it

Hell, I've been there before when I hadn't figured out the right allergy medicine for me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince also hates sleep and if someone tried to sleep on his private plane during long flights he'd get furious

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i cant remember which wrestler it was but they said title shot on air and vince screamed at them backstage over it to their complete confusion lol

Hahaha amazing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol it was braun strowman

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince also hates sleep and if someone tried to sleep on his private plane during long flights he'd get furious

One time a writer was watching a comedy special on their laptop, possibly Eddie murphy’s raw or delirious, and Vince walked by and saw it, then asked why the writer would watch that crap when they have comedy superstars like Santino Marella, a dude who was given the gimmick of being Andy kaufman’s Latka but Italian

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
this rules

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

"Sports entertainment"?! I guess telling Vince that nobody would use the phrase if he hadn't insisted on it is also banned

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Vince's favorite banned words are "I don't consent"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So raw is no longer war?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Raw is Raw. We have entered the Objectivist Era.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you cant say hospital its local medical facility, pal

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The key to understanding Vince is that while Trump is a howling void and devoid of any ideals whatsoever, Vince is not. Vince is, whether or not he realizes it, a genuine fascist. I don't mean he's an authoritarian conservative - although he obviously is in his own way - I mean he's a full blown fascist. He exalts, fetishizes, and worships power as an ends rather than a means. Once you understand this, literally all his weird hang-ups and issues make perfect sense. Of course he finds giraffes offensive; they have power but don't exercise it. Of course sneezing and yawning is bad, it's a loss of control, the surrender of power to his autonomous bodily processes, so on and so forth.

Vince is one of the most ideologically pure and consistent fascists to ever live, honestly.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The key to understanding Vince is that while Trump is a howling void and devoid of any ideals whatsoever, Vince is not. Vince is, whether or not he realizes it, a genuine fascist. I don't mean he's an authoritarian conservative - although he obviously is in his own way - I mean he's a full blown fascist. He exalts, fetishizes, and worships power as an ends rather than a means. Once you understand this, literally all his weird hang-ups and issues make perfect sense. Of course he finds giraffes offensive; they have power but don't exercise it. Of course sneezing and yawning is bad, it's a loss of control, the surrender of power to his autonomous bodily processes, so on and so forth.

Vince is one of the most ideologically pure and consistent fascists to ever live, honestly.

lol but not because you're wrong

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

wesleywillis posted:

So raw is no longer war?

They stopped calling it Raw is War after 9/11 and I would guess that Vince fought the network tooth and nail on it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince was molested as a child by his mother and like many survivors of that kind of trauma he does not ever want to lose control or look weak and in turn became an abuser himself because he never got therapy abuse fucks you up

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

maybe they'll even get to use pronouns now, he would scream into their earpieces if they didn't use the wrestlers name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you were also not allowed to use the names of moves or even the word move you had to call them no matter what a "maneuver" WWE commentary was very bland and almost nonsensical because of all the banned words