Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I always liked Escape from LA a lot more than NY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

So Major League, Escape from New York, Stargate. Then fell asleep at the start of Captain Ron on the couch for a few hours like an old man haha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tournament of Champions is wild this year. Where my man Timby at? I know you're a fan

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

kiimo posted:

I'm legitimately shocked at anyone hating Martin Short and Innerspace is a completely worthless movie without him.

I will put in the caveat that Martin Short the person is by unanimous accounts a wonderful, gracious man, but I have never once laughed at anything he has ever done (EVER), and his roles in movies I consider funny otherwise (Three Amigos foremost among them) were only hurt by his presence.

He is a net on-screen negative to me in every single thing he touches. I understand how people find things funny I don't, or find comedians funny that I don't, but I flat out do not understand how anyone finds him funny.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Watch Clifford

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

GD_American posted:

I will put in the caveat that Martin Short the person is by unanimous accounts a wonderful, gracious man, but I have never once laughed at anything he has ever done (EVER), and his roles in movies I consider funny otherwise (Three Amigos foremost among them) were only hurt by his presence.

He is a net on-screen negative to me in every single thing he touches. I understand how people find things funny I don't, or find comedians funny that I don't, but I flat out do not understand how anyone finds him funny.

I mostly agree with this but he had one very very small part in Inherent Vice that was really good

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

If you're in town long enough, the Children's Museum is world-class and well worth a visit. Cafeteria is an outrageous ripoff, though.

That's on the docket for Tuesday! Thanks for the heads up, we'll be bringing snacks then.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

GD_American posted:

I haven't been impressed with most of his stuff, but he fuckin kills it in Only Murders in the Building, possibly because he plays a caricature of himself, but with genuine depth.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

He has been funny precisely once.

https://youtu.be/DJU5x67Sz1o?si=Q0-UuQFGsi5zChu6

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He’s funny imo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

New (to me) coffee table, last of the Easter lamb & Tumeric cauliflower rice, and Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

This movie is weird. I'm a little too old to have gotten into Transformers: Beast Wars as I was in college at the time (tho I was able to get into Transformers: Beast Machines for a bit). It also takes place in 1994 New York so lots of East Coast rap.

Total :catstare: moment when Bumblebee bites it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Martin Short had a great guest star spot in that one episode of Arrested Development

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Air Skwirl posted:

No there isn't, like, I can't even guess what your suggestion would be.

it very clearly has to be big trouble in little china

Braksgirl posted:

I accidentally posted this in the Disney thread so if any of yall are in there too you'll see this twice because I'm dumb.

I made a fancy focaccia today. The decoration got a little too much color but I think it looks pretty cool.

are those habaneros?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Former goon Kristi yamaguccimane was mentioned the other day.

https://x.com/thewapplehouse/status/1776147384877154805?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

it very clearly has to be big trouble in little china

are those habaneros?

No, just mini bell peppers sliced into rings, grape tomatoes, slivered green onions for the stems, some rosemary.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

No, just mini bell peppers sliced into rings, grape tomatoes, slivered green onions for the stems, some rosemary.

well, how did she like it?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Former goon Kristi yamaguccimane was mentioned the other day.

I didn’t know he was a goon. I listen to daily zeitgeist and although I hate all the AKAs (it’s a tired rear end bit), he’s written a bunch and they’re usually well-crafted.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Qwijib0 posted:

Is it a new HD transfer or is it the original 4:3?

i started watching season 1 and it's SD and 4:3. supposedly according to years old reddit threads the later season are still SD but are 16:9 which is ????

didn't know there was a HD transfer but i looked it up and that looks awful

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

I didn’t know he was a goon. I listen to daily zeitgeist and although I hate all the AKAs (it’s a tired rear end bit), he’s written a bunch and they’re usually well-crafted.

Also, that might be the single best handle ever crafted.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

i started watching season 1 and it's SD and 4:3. supposedly according to years old reddit threads the later season are still SD but are 16:9 which is ????

didn't know there was a HD transfer but i looked it up and that looks awful

Yeah the old HD transfer was a disaster, so I wondered if they had done it right this time or just :shrug: and used the 4:3 DVD version. Of the two, that's the right move.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Trying to explain to my wife why John Calipari leaving for Arkansas is so funny is like trying to recap everything you need to know before seeing Endgame to someone who hasn't watched a single Marvel movie.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

swickles posted:

Trying to explain to my wife why John Calipari leaving for Arkansas is so funny is like trying to recap everything you need to know before seeing Endgame to someone who hasn't watched a single Marvel movie.

It is probably a good move for everyone involved but lmao what a crazy, like, 18 hours.

If this winds up with Kentucky signing Nate Oats and loving over Bama, even better

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Freaquency posted:

It is probably a good move for everyone involved but lmao what a crazy, like, 18 hours.

If this winds up with Kentucky signing Nate Oats and loving over Bama, even better

Oats has an $18m buyout, which normally would preclude such a hire. But now, who knows!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

swickles posted:

Oats has an $18m buyout, which normally would preclude such a hire. But now, who knows!

Kentucky boosters were reportedly ready to pay Cal’s 30 million buyout so they probably see it as a discount

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Why is Coach Cal leaving for Arkansas?

Is one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time, washed?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Why is Coach Cal leaving for Arkansas?

Is one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time, washed?

Wore out his welcome

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Braksgirl posted:

Maybe James Spader is just a very good actor, but something about him makes my skin crawl in a very "do not be alone with this man" kind of way. I have an honest Bad Feeling physical reaction to watching him and it's unpleasant.

Then you go Wait! 30% of this country actually will kill strangers to defend the creepiest loser you have ever seen in your entire life in the hopes that the pussygrabber will personally Like their "I murdered your enemies sir" tweets, and at that point you also say "James Spader is an actor who pretends to be characters for money" and isn't actually creepy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Parents got me a Blackstone for my birthday this past weekend.

So excited to put this baby together

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I’m dead on the center line for this eclipse. Hopefully the weather stays partly cloudy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Wore out his welcome

Basically this. It would be like if Saban missed the CFP 3 years in a row, still an S tier coach, just has the highest possible expectations in the sport.

Also, Arkansas has that chicken money behind them and they want to win some basketball championships.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Let's gooooooooo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

We’re about to find out that the astronomy community has played one of the most elaborate April Fool’s jokes of all time

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I am so cold right now since the thermostat broke and my roommate us out of town until Wednesday and can't fix it until Thursday. The heat keeps going to between cold and then way too warm. My roommate's girlfriend is staying upstairs to watch his dogs and we've been commiserating over how much this sucks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Parents got me a Blackstone for my birthday this past weekend.

So excited to put this baby together

Hell yeah! Make some fried rice, it so much fun.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I am so cold right now since the thermostat broke and my roommate us out of town until Wednesday and can't fix it until Thursday. The heat keeps going to between cold and then way too warm. My roommate's girlfriend is staying upstairs to watch his dogs and we've been commiserating over how much this sucks.

You can go buy a cheap thermostat and replace it yourself. It's like 2-3 wires most likely. We can walk you through it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm glad civilization is ending, and also there's an eclipse.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Hell yeah! Make some fried rice, it so much fun.

You can go buy a cheap thermostat and replace it yourself. It's like 2-3 wires most likely. We can walk you through it.

Fried rice and hash browns are at the top of my list right now

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Fried rice and hash browns are at the top of my list right now

I made smash burgers on mine Saturday night and they were incredible so definitely add those.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

One super cool thing about eclipses is that it allows us to create a fairly accurate calendar of ancient events. There was a major battle in Greece that took place during an eclipse, and given the approximate location, we know the exact date and time when the battle took place. Given how many different calendars and systems we have, that's a pretty cool thing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

swickles posted:

One super cool thing about eclipses is that it allows us to create a fairly accurate calendar of ancient events. There was a major battle in Greece that took place during an eclipse, and given the approximate location, we know the exact date and time when the battle took place. Given how many different calendars and systems we have, that's a pretty cool thing.

me thinks we need to have a modern battle take place so future historians can properly catalogue the events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

me thinks we need to have a modern battle take place so future historians can properly catalogue the events

Time for some more Russian tanks to get blown up :blyat: