Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Interesting that the Texans voided the last 3 years of Diggs contract already. The Texans are getting a one year rental for Diggs at 3.5m. I think this is evidence that the Texans are viewing a player on the decline. It's a shrewd maneuver. Caserio appears to be no fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Interesting that the Texans voided the last 3 years of Diggs contract already. The Texans are getting a one year rental for Diggs at 3.5m. I think this is evidence that the Texans are viewing a player on the decline. It's a shrewd maneuver. Caserio appears to be no fool.

seem to be some conflicting numbers right now, but i'm pretty sure the texans are on the hook for his $22m this year no matter what

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

I don't get it from the Texans angle. They value Diggs enough to give up a second rounder but have already absolutely ruled out the possibility that they'd want him back for a second year at his contract price?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

fsif posted:

I don't get it from the Texans angle. They value Diggs enough to give up a second rounder but have already absolutely ruled out the possibility that they'd want him back for a second year at his contract price?

I don't think he's going to command more money than they just voided. If they wait until next year and he doesn't want to take a pay cut he's gone. Do it now, he may be open to signing a fresh deal at less than he was previously owed next offseason.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It’s certainly an interesting move. I get it more than I do trading for AND extending Mixon who was likely to be cut

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tim Graham on his podcast today, this occurred after Allen's horrible Week One game…

quote:

“And Josh Allen was sitting there in full uniform with Kyle Allen trying to console him. And a stream of players coming up, patting him on the back, dapping him up, saying, hey, you know, we'll get him next time, man. And I quoted Dion Dawkins in the story. And he said, 17 for life, I mean that. They were trying to pick the guy up. He had a towel draped over his head, and he just sat there. One thing I didn't include in the story was Stefon Diggs coming up to him after the game. And I didn't include it, I think, because I, as I recall, I didn't include it because I didn't know what Stefon Diggs said to him. But Josh Allen snapped at him. And he said, it's one loving game. And kind of mentioned, motioned, like, I'm not talking to you here. And Diggs walked away and John and Josh was sat there. And in retrospect, I mean, keeping in mind, this was week one when, for all we know, everybody's hunky dory. But looking back on it now, I wish I would have included that in my story or made some sort of[…]”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
what losing to zach wilson does to a motherfucker

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pats and Jets really hosed up beating the Bills.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

And the Bills hosed up sweeping the Dolphins because they could have gotten McDermott fired and then drafted Brian Thomas, Jr.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Pats and Jets really hosed up beating the Bills.

You’re not wrong but maybe the Bills should have been less fraudulent :hmmyes:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Pats are on the clock, I kind of want to take a tackle here. Any objections?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bellmaker posted:

You’re not wrong but maybe the Bills should have been less fraudulent :hmmyes:

impossible

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
So for the Goon draft I picked* Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State.

I would have probably picked Graham Barton, with some serious consideration to Byron Murphy or Cooper DeJean(let's be real #21 is likely a corner whether we like it or not).

* Well I shouldn't say I picked him, I completely missed my spot and he was autodrafted. My wakizashi has been prepared in the ceremonial fashion if necessary.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I was curious since i stole your JPJ

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If we take a corner you’re basically admitting Cam Smith sucks and that would make me upset.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Cam Smith is weird, he showed more than enough in preseason. I still have faith.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah Cam Smith looked good in his time. I was thrown off by him not being used but you remember our DC was an angry old man

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Since all the DBs hated playing for Vic Fangio I say let’s ride this thing out and take a lineman on either side of the ball.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Exactly. Hard to judge when the fangio seemed to secretly hate Ramsey and Holland… so clearly dude does not base his opinion on football talent

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Agreed.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

stand by my statement we were probably starting eli apple because he said stuff like yes sir

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I was curious since i stole your JPJ

I don't think he's athletic enough for the offense. The crazier second level blocks a center can pull off in wide zone the better, they're basically always in a position to pull off a key block. I think if they're willing to sign Aaron Brewer they're pretty serious about it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I want him as a left guard to replace Wynn. Gotta bolster that line before the rookie LT or whoever takes over for TA comes in

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

I don't think he's athletic enough for the offense. The crazier second level blocks a center can pull off in wide zone the better, they're basically always in a position to pull off a key block. I think if they're willing to sign Aaron Brewer they're pretty serious about it.

This sounds great and all but then I think what the hell is this 280lbs dude gonna do when he has to block the Vita Vea and Dexter Lawrence types.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1776963364385669368

Sure. I can’t disagree with the analysis that their roster is so bad and they have so much cap space that they simply cannot let any of their decent guys leave

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
JPJ would be my replacement for Robert Hunt but if he’s still too slow for the offense it is what it is

Brewer as an OL being maxxed out at 295 is wild but he IS a bit short for a lineman so makes sense

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I love this lol

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

No idea how old Tyson is now but I'm still 1000% sure I would get destroyed by him in the ring

I'd be flat on the mat forgetting the last few weeks while he'd be wandering around the ring wondering what year it is

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

No idea how old Tyson is now but I'm still 1000% sure I would get destroyed by him in the ring

I'd be flat on the mat forgetting the last few weeks while he'd be wandering around the ring wondering what year it is

A match made in confusion :glomp:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Spot the Omission
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1776746714092998788
Chirstian Benford. PFF's own rating had him as the 8th overall CB, and better than Woolen, Emerson and Stingley. But a Bills 6th round pick isn't sexy for the social media team i guess Also Elam. gently caress KC jumping Beane for McDuffie....

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

who's christian benford

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Declan MacManus posted:

who's christian benford
Yeah I never heard of him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

who's christian benford

He's PFF's 8th rated overall CB, better than Woolen, Emerson and Stingley. A Bills 6th round pick that wasn't sexy for the social media team.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Thank you for not mocking my hosed up spelling....

https://twitter.com/DibiasiPeter/status/1771897092862017555

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 8, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cant believe people are sleeping on noted not-a-bust Kaiir Elam.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I think McDermott forgot about Elam. It's the only explanation for not subbing out the injured Douglas.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Kaiir Elam tore a ligament in his foot during training camp and it was never talked about until he finally went on IR in November. Don't know how ready he was by the KC playoff game. This is also why I believed Diggs was also hiding an injury. Not sure how this was legal.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Pretty sure everyone is legally entitled to medical confidentiality and privacy at some level?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

JPJ would be my replacement for Robert Hunt but if he’s still too slow for the offense it is what it is

Brewer as an OL being maxxed out at 295 is wild but he IS a bit short for a lineman so makes sense

I don't think they care as much about athleticism at guard, but there's a difference between being willing to field Lester Cotton or Robert Jones in a pinch and spending a high pick on a guy like that so who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Paracausal posted:

Pretty sure everyone is legally entitled to medical confidentiality and privacy at some level?

No, they waive that right to play. It's contractual. To the extent of injury reports, that is.