Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

swickles posted:

Basically this. It would be like if Saban missed the CFP 3 years in a row, still an S tier coach, just has the highest possible expectations in the sport.

Also, Arkansas has that chicken money behind them and they want to win some basketball championships.

It's probably closer to "What if NIL happened and the illegal recruiting practices that had always contributed to most of your successes were reduced in efficacy", to be fair.

LeeMajors posted:

I didn’t know he was a goon. I listen to daily zeitgeist and although I hate all the AKAs (it’s a tired rear end bit), he’s written a bunch and they’re usually well-crafted.

He's gotta be, he's funny on twitter and that's almost a prerequisite. (also he references SA history constantly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Let's gooooooooo

Meanwhile, the rest of us:

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1777384022269907230

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

fartknocker posted:

Time for some more Russian tanks to get blown up :blyat:

Gonna replay the Modern Warfare 2 campaign in solidarity with Ukraine :911:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/HeatherIsUnsane/status/1777134416575262789

it's 8

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Gonna replay the Modern Warfare 2 campaign in solidarity with Ukraine :911:

https://youtu.be/8mwAntNGz9k?si=kZokyx3sQi7j6m_Y

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

What kind of psycho says 6 :confused:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, I know we got eclipsers here

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1777385510618460287

quote:

The recalled glasses were sold through Amazon as "Biniki Solar Eclipse Glasses AAS Approved 2024 – CE & ISO Certified Safe Shades for Direct Sun Viewing (6 Packs)."

The recalled glasses are labeled as "EN ISO 12312-1:2022"; proper safety glasses should carry the ISO designation of 12312-2.

The glasses were sold in the following Southern Illinois retailers:

Farm Fresh Market, Breese, IL
Highland Tru Buy, Highland, IL
Perry County Marketplace, Pinckneyville, IL
Sinclair Foods, Jerseyville, IL
Steelville Marketplace, Steelville, IL
Big John Grocery, Metropolis, IL

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/tim_cato/status/1777393413131849780?s=46

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Parents got me a Blackstone for my birthday this past weekend.

So excited to put this baby together

Several of my friends swear by theirs. Thinking about getting one this year, post reviews!

I have a kamado charcoal grill / smoker that I love. But sometimes I wanna grill without like 45 minutes of lead time. Also my wife refuses to even try to use it lol (I do 90% of the cooking anyway so not a big deal). I understand that Blackstones are not traditional propane grills, or even grills at all really. But still eyeing one for that quick outdoor cooking niche. Plus all the actual benefits of having a nice, big griddle. I love making smashburgers for the family but doing a couple at a time in a skillet takes forever. Not making GBS threads up my kitchen with smoke and grease is appealing, too.

The other option would be just a cheap propane grill but I think I'd get much more mileage out of the Blackstone.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Freaquency posted:

What kind of psycho says 6 :confused:

It's worse than you think

https://twitter.com/DanXcelsior/status/1777144268404015272

who the gently caress groups their chuggas in threes?!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

:hmmyes:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Docjowles posted:

Several of my friends swear by theirs. Thinking about getting one this year, post reviews!

I have a kamado charcoal grill / smoker that I love. But sometimes I wanna grill without like 45 minutes of lead time. Also my wife refuses to even try to use it lol (I do 90% of the cooking anyway so not a big deal). I understand that Blackstones are not traditional propane grills, or even grills at all really. But still eyeing one for that quick outdoor cooking niche. Plus all the actual benefits of having a nice, big griddle. I love making smashburgers for the family but doing a couple at a time in a skillet takes forever. Not making GBS threads up my kitchen with smoke and grease is appealing, too.

The other option would be just a cheap propane grill but I think I'd get much more mileage out of the Blackstone.

Get the blackstone, they are fun and good for what you are looking for. Also, you can do a hibachi thing and learn to flip shrimp at people and poo poo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

You sound exactly like me. I have a kamado and it's amazing but sometimes you just want quick. I have a Blackstone next to my Joe and it's the perfect setup. Making smash burgers inside is not ideal for reasons you said. Making bacon outside is another great one. I don't think you'd regret getting one. I probably use the Blackstone the most. I also have a gas grill.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is there any reason to have a normal grill if you have the flat top?

I feel like everyone is eating smash burgers nowadays anyway, and I usually do my steaks in a cast iron skillet these days anyway.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

wandler20 posted:

Hell yeah! Make some fried rice, it so much fun.

You can go buy a cheap thermostat and replace it yourself. It's like 2-3 wires most likely. We can walk you through it.

That is one of the few house repair things I do know how to do but since this is my roommate's house I'd rather he do it. Mostly because I'm kinda lazy and also because I helped with painting the upstairs kitchen a few weeks ago.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm in the market for a 15" cast iron. Any recs?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Between my recent read of Command & Control, that recent Netflix documentary on the Cold War (Solid overall IMO), and an absurd number of hours playing Red Fire on my phone, my response is also:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm in the market for a 15" cast iron. Any recs?

TJMax, HomeGoods, etc. Get a Lodge if they have em, or whatever brand they got. I don't like enameled ones, they aren't as versatile.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

swickles posted:

TJMax, HomeGoods, etc. Get a Lodge if they have em, or whatever brand they got. I don't like enameled ones, they aren't as versatile.

Oh okay. I wasn't sure if it was as big a deal to get the proper brand as with other types of equipment.

Lodge it is

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh okay. I wasn't sure if it was as big a deal to get the proper brand as with other types of equipment.

Lodge it is

Not really. Lodge is the most common and has been around forever. They also come pre-seasoned, but I always do a little more seasoning before I use it the first time. The only issue I have ever had with a cast iron anything was a tiny pan that came with a Harshey's brownie set, like to be a personal brownie pan. That thing rusted in ten seconds flat but was part of a gift set and probably made in the cheapest way imaginable.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Oh I see. Thanks for the info!

I don't even remember the first one I owned but it was some random thing I got from a Target when I was in college. Came home after graduating and my sweet, lovely, dearest mother threw it in the dishwasher after using it. I never took the time to unfuck it and eventually gave it away and never replaced it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Do you want grill marks?

If you go with a lodge don’t buy any of the bullshit accessories.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Do you want grill marks?

nah I just want something flat for every day use.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I have a cast iron with little ridges for making grill marks on steaks and other meat, and it's great if I ever wanted to do stuff like that indoors and useless for any other cast iron application. If you're not showing off your grilled meats on the internet (and who even does that?) just get something with a flat cook surface.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I do have a cast iron grill pan but it's no good for anything except grilling. I do not know the make. Just found it in the garage one day.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wow it got dark quick.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Do you want grill marks?

Except the silicon handle thingy. Its a lifesaver and you can find it super cheap at those secondary market stores.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Finally finished my new PC build, did a water cooling unit for the CPU and man I wish I had done this sooner. This thing is quiet as hell.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Watching the 90% eclipse in my backyard since I had to do some things this morning that kept me from driving to Arkansas. I saw the total eclipse clips in 2017 so I’m not too torn up about it. Forgot how weird the sunlight looks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bonnie Tyler's day to shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

We have full sun here, not a cloud in the sky, but it looks like someone rolled out a giant piece of shade cloth. Very cool, and we only had like 70% coverage or something.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
While we’re doing pan recs I kinda want one of those stovetop flattop sheet pans for pancakes or whatever else I feel like, anybody got thoughts on them or just go with whatever brand I notice online?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Thanks to r/askportland I learned the Market of Choice out in SE Belmont put all their Cadbury eggs on clearance. That haul only cost me $87.72 & should last me until next Easter.

If it's any consolation this week's meal prep is stir fried tofu, napa cabbage, fiddleheads, shiitake mushrooms, garlic, ginger, leftover sriracha, and quinoa.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think I'm gonna go with a 12" instead of the 15". Didn't realize it was such a huge difference in surface area.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Thanks to r/askportland I learned the Market of Choice out in SE Belmont put all their Cadbury eggs on clearance. That haul only cost me $87.72 & should last me until next Easter.

You're a crazy person and I love it

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The clouds held back. That was a loving amazing eclipse.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Is there any reason to have a normal grill if you have the flat top?

I feel like everyone is eating smash burgers nowadays anyway, and I usually do my steaks in a cast iron skillet these days anyway.

Yeah, I only really use my normal grill if I'm too lazy to fire up the kamado. It was the first grill I bought too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Addie was freaking out and I thought it was the eclipse but actually a bear was freaking out nearby….probably about the eclipse

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Any eclipse photos from y’all? It’s a cloudy and rainy day here. No eclipse for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I flew in to Dallas an hour before the eclipse and it was mostly cloudy, but the clouds parted just in time to see almost the entire totality in its full glory. Amazing.