Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

"well said" is the biggest boomerism ever

facebook aunts fuckin love saying it after their nephew explains genders with an electrical plug/outlet

here, here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
+1

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

"well said" is the biggest boomerism ever

facebook aunts fuckin love saying it after their nephew explains genders with an electrical plug/outlet

this

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The actual truth

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

🤣💯

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

https://apnews.com/article/brazil-musk-x-supreme-court-investigation-a645757b95a66ee658832802908466ab

In his decision, Justice Alexandre de Moraes noted that Musk on Saturday began waging a public “disinformation campaign” regarding the top court’s actions, and that Musk continued the following day — most notably with comments that his social media company X would cease to comply with the court’s orders to block certain accounts.

“The flagrant conduct of obstruction of Brazilian justice, incitement of crime, the public threat of disobedience of court orders and future lack of cooperation from the platform are facts that disrespect the sovereignty of Brazil,” de Moraes wrote.

Musk will be investigated for alleged intentional criminal instrumentalization of X as part of an investigation into a network of people known as digital militias who allegedly spread defamatory fake news and threats against Supreme Court justices, according to the text of the decision. The new investigation will look into whether Musk engaged in obstruction, criminal organization and incitement.
LOL the European Commission passed a law to restrict disinformation online(Digital Services Act, or DSA ), platforms will have to follow it to stay available in the EU and it will start around August. Twitter is going to get hosed by the DSA.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i see he has also had time to study the constitutional law of Brazil

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

lmao people already figured this out, but it's nice to have confirmation from the big man himself

https://x.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1777383971841528318

quote:

Last year, Motherboard and other internet sleuths traced a bizarre account on X to Musk himself. The account, @ermnmusk, appeared to be role-playing as Musk’s toddler son.

“I will finally turn 3 on May 4th!” one post read.

“I wish I was old enough to go to nightclubs. They sound so fun,” read another.

Though the account’s name is not mentioned in the transcript, Monday’s court filing contained an exhibit of the @ermnmusk account that was shown to Musk during his testimony. In the filing, Bankston alleges that Musk deleted the account in February on the same day of the court’s discovery order.

Asked about the account by Bankston during the deposition, Musk confirmed it was his, but dismissed it as a “test account.”

“No, I would not use this account,” Musk testified. “It was just used for — for testing.”

The saved account tweets https://x.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1650674324209287169

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

quote:

“I wish I was old enough to go to nightclubs. They sound so fun,” Musk tweeted on his burner account role-playing as his toddler son.

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
eloneh...

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

everything he does is just a tiny little look into his dumb brain and they are adding up.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

is the lawyer the same Bankston from the Alex Jobes lawsuit because lol if so?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

TheMightyBoops posted:

is the lawyer the same Bankston from the Alex Jobes lawsuit because lol if so?

the very same lol away

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wasn't the nightclub post around the time he wasnt allowed into some Berlin nightclub and got mad about a word

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

During his deposition, Musk admitted he has a “limited understanding” of the lawsuit against him, said he thought Brody’s attorney was the one suing him, and revealed he did no research in determining whether Brody was involved in the brawl after seeing the accusations on X.

“I think you’re the one suing,” Musk told Bankston, according to the transcript.

“Actually, Mr. Musk, I’m an attorney,” Bankston explained. “Did you know that? I’m an attorney representing Mr. Brody.”

Asked if Musk understood what the lawsuit was about, Musk admitted he had “a limited understanding of that — of what the lawsuit is about” but suggested again that this was simply a money grab by Brody’s attorney.

“My — what I want to think it’s really about is about you getting a lot of money,” said Musk, who paid $44 billion for Twitter in 2022.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dang same year wrong month

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1510502229219938306?t=N-bZBEjhZfYXJMGt3al1rw&s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hot dog

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

This

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/nemanjayvr/status/1777391891878695416?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Incredible brains

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ignore_Me posted:

holy poo poo does this motherfucker ever stop tweeting? does the average person outside of the terminally online not see how much loving time he is wasting being the personal mouthpiece of every single twitter issue instead of having specialized departments in the company that handle specific issues?

why the gently caress don’t the IC people and DoD people who only tolerate his existence in exchange for tech access simply clone him and replace him with a lobotomized version so the world doesn’t have to put up with this human-shaped blood clot?

I know the CIA has the gayest sense of humor ever, but surely even they would find it old hat to torture the world with Musk’s personality after this many years

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

He posted his way to being one of the richest people on the planet. Sounds like you could learn a thing or two from Elon Musk about posting.

As far as DoD etc goes, he is a key MIC supplier through SpaceX and Starlink. There is a fair chance that without Musk to pump stock prices and advertise through his particular brand of media interaction that these companies would crash and burn.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

is he doing a sov cit thing? He cannot be this stupid yes he can.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Weka posted:

He posted his way to being one of the richest people on the planet. Sounds like you could learn a thing or two from Elon Musk about posting.

As far as DoD etc goes, he is a key MIC supplier through SpaceX and Starlink. There is a fair chance that without Musk to pump stock prices and advertise through his particular brand of media interaction that these companies would crash and burn.

Tesla stock for sure. SpaceX is not in any particular financial trouble lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i hope him and his crew spent the day preparing and psyching themselves up for this rejection

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

appears to be deleted now (or x is broken)

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

quote:

“My — what I want to think it’s really about is about you getting a lot of money,” said Musk, who paid $44 billion for Twitter in 2022.

World's Biggest Mark Definitely Knows When He's Being Grifted

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That link works and it's Elon doing a "I do not recall" at a lawyer thing

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://x.com/nemanjayvr/status/1777391891878695416?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

The fact this guy has won court cases is all the proof anyone should need to know the system is totally broken.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
the lawyers spend A LOT of time bitching at each other

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thathonkey posted:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe Elon is making that post un-embeddable

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

thathonkey posted:

Nah it's just because they're calling elon a loving moron

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wonder how often he fantasizes about arguing the case the that actually taxes are illegal and he gets them abolished and everyone claps.

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Weka posted:

To be fair, going based off of my annoying posts I am clearly trying

If Butthead were to honor free speech and stop censoring my ultra terrible muskian opinions maybe I’d be part of the posting Illuminati already

Weka posted:

[As far as DoD etc goes, he is a key MIC supplier through SpaceX and Starlink. There is a fair chance that without Musk to pump stock prices and advertise through his particular brand of media interaction that these companies would crash and burn.

Ah yes the IC and DoD need Musk to protect the stock prices of the two companies the us federal government is heavily subsidizing the poo poo out of and that have limited to no operating revenue outside of government contracts and subsidies

did you get into his ketamine stash?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Techno Mechanicus Musk

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon has conquered earth, air, space, and lots of endangered wildlife

his next frontier is time

imagine what would happen to the timeline if he found a way to send absolute free speech back in time....

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

imagine what would happen to the timeline if he found a way to send absolute free speech back in time....

imagine if the founding fathers were able to say whatever slurs they wanted, we would be living in a golden age by now

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the milk machine posted:

Techno Mechanicus Musk

Wow

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Rudeboy Detective posted:

matt taibbi appears in the past from a big lightning ball thing, totally naked like the beginning of terminator

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Drunkboxer posted:

imagine if the founding fathers were able to say whatever slurs they wanted, we would be living in a golden age by now

Think about all the new and exciting slurs they could learn if they time traveled to today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

the milk machine posted:

Techno Mechanicus Musk

Milk machine, you have posted the actual truth.