Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’d probably take a bullet for him as his life matters much more than mine

fandom was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
taking a bullet for cody is a small price to pay for the belt

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Dusty Rolex story is so far fetched it has me thinking someone in WWE paid Dusty for it rather than him actually pawning it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think dusty could afford to send cody to acting school but pawning his rolex seems pretty carnie...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it was flair's rolex dusty pawned

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

it wasnt dustys rolex, it was just a dusty rolex.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Mania mediocre, night two main event overbooked fast food-esque good fun with remorse afterwards, time to completely ignore the industry until January next year.

Peace.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

You could watch other wrestling instead; there's lots of good stuff out there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Only watches from Wrestle Kingdom to Sakura Genesis. I respect it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
smh another rare casual watcher that aew cant pull in (doesnt have a royal rumble)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

We needed a heartfelt Cody story about how much Dusty would have appreciated Dude Wipes after his muffler fell out

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I just remembered how Cody wrote himself out of the main title scene in AEW. They then created a secondary belt just for him but it was never going to be enough for him.

He went to WWE probably with a requirement that he win the title. He got screwed over last year at Mania and almost got screwed over again this year but he pushed through and finally got what he could have had back in AEW with no issue.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Cody you mad lad you fuckin did it… I’m so proud of you

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

You could watch other wrestling instead; there's lots of good stuff out there.

I was at Wembley for AEW in August, it was fun but I don’t think the product keeps my interest. Neither does WWE, or anyone else. I’m old and just want to watch my favourites from years past on repeat and remember being younger and happy.

We watch Mania at a friends house every year and it’s great fun, but the fun is more the company there than what is being watched these days.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

I’m old and just want to watch my favourites from years past on repeat and remember being younger and happy.

Really, and you're British you say?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You’ve done this joke before.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You’ve done this joke before.

they’re entitled to their old favorites too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they’re entitled to their old favorites too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6qElf9GJ8

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:negative:

look I have good memories watching old tapes of it with my nan okay

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is this the truest Mount Rushmore of pro wrestling?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

Cody's entrance gear is hilarious.

If he's Triple H 2.0, I'm ready for super gassed Cody in a couple of years, and the divorce.
Seth Rollins having to clean up shitheads poop

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
AEW will ultimately fail because they will never have fans as insane as this. https://twitter.com/Nezzzooo/status/1777341891639435309

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Is this the truest Mount Rushmore of pro wrestling?

I just... I mean... yeah I think the math checks out

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Someone doordashed food from the AMC I'm at for the movie.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol man that fuckin' dogshit Aldis vs. Cody match.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

AEW will ultimately fail because they will never have fans as insane as this. https://twitter.com/Nezzzooo/status/1777341891639435309

Overproducing your meltdown is very WWE. An AEW fan would have just jumped the railing with a weapon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's cool that wwe gave the women a couple shows to main event and now they can never get criticized for their handling of them again even though they've clearly stopped giving much of a poo poo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shard posted:

fandom was a mistake

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

You've found Bizarro-EMF

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I was at Wembley for AEW in August, it was fun but I don’t think the product keeps my interest. Neither does WWE, or anyone else. I’m old and just want to watch my favourites from years past on repeat and remember being younger and happy.

We watch Mania at a friends house every year and it’s great fun, but the fun is more the company there than what is being watched these days.

Suddenly I'm depressed

Lethrom posted:

You've found Bizarro-EMF

"bizarro"?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Mirror Universe Eat My Fuc.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol modern day NWA like its an accomplishment to hold that belt

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol modern day NWA like its an accomplishment to hold that belt

All Rob Conway lacks is the wwe title to join the list.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Le Saboteur posted:

What the gently caress would possess someone to act like this and then also record it and then also post it. What a loving hell world we live in.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ganso Bomb posted:

What the gently caress would possess someone to act like this and then also record it and then also post it. What a loving hell world we live in.

loving double double e

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Ganso Bomb posted:

What if I told you there were more people? https://twitter.com/AdamGoldberg28/status/1777367369398018111

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 9, 2024

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Clicks, likes, engagement, money, fame, fortune. It's called the influencer game

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Ganso Bomb posted:

Attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

its called acknowledging the tribal chief ooooooohhh waaaaaaaaa