Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

LifeLynx posted:

Yeah I have him as a Gloomstalker right now, but as soon as I get that bonus for him he's paying $100 to Withers for some karate lessons.

And then Withers is getting $100 pickpocketed off of him.

You're right, they should have let us romance a goblin.

Tbh I'm actually rather bummed you can't play a goblin or get a goblin in your party. I understand sorta why they didn't, considering how big of an antagonist the goblins are in this game, but hey, you can play drow and duergar, so obviously it's not out of the question for them to have made it work. When I hired a camp wizard to buff the party before it heads out, I immediately took them to the magic mirror and gobbified them as much as I could and gave them a full get up of goblin-looking gear. Now I have a booyag who hangs around my camp and gives everyone Longstrider and talks in a pristine British accent for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
off the top of my head, Im sure Larian thought of it, I think one way to do playable Goblins without having them be all in on The Absolute is to have them be Maglubiyet-Sworn like Brakkal, the dude in the cage in Shattered Sanctum, but that would require a great amount Act 1 of reactivity

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
[Shadowheart voice] Ira et Dolor.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

larian seems to advertise every new patch with a “five new ways to fondle your vampire bf”-type headline

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Only five this time? Production must be ramping down.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
how could Larian abandon us like this?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
So uhh... I was worried going into (act 3) Raphael's fight. Turns out... I really shouldn't have been. He didn't take an action all fight long. I will fully admit I savescummed to get Yurgir on my side with that DC30 check, because I thought I would NEED him to stand a chance. I could have taken him. No problem. By the time I took out the pillars, and dismantled all the Cambions (two banished by Hope, and Korilla utterly murdered by Yurgir), Raphael had spent two turns breaking free from back-to-back Hold Monsters... and then I realized his Inevitable Resolve doesn't apply to Hideous Laughter. Considering the DC for that from my Bardstarion is sitting at 21, and then climbed up to 24 a turn or two later... Raphael was never getting up again. The five Fiend-Slaying Arrows I saved for him from my Gloomstalker Tav turned out to just be a time-saving measure. I think after all that, I'm legally obligated to choose the "I was expecting him to put up more of a fight" dialogue option with Hope afterward.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

BlazetheInferno posted:

So uhh... I was worried going into (act 3) Raphael's fight. Turns out... I really shouldn't have been. He didn't take an action all fight long. I will fully admit I savescummed to get Yurgir on my side with that DC30 check, because I thought I would NEED him to stand a chance. I could have taken him. No problem. By the time I took out the pillars, and dismantled all the Cambions (two banished by Hope, and Korilla utterly murdered by Yurgir), Raphael had spent two turns breaking free from back-to-back Hold Monsters... and then I realized his Inevitable Resolve doesn't apply to Hideous Laughter. Considering the DC for that from my Bardstarion is sitting at 21, and then climbed up to 24 a turn or two later... Raphael was never getting up again. The five Fiend-Slaying Arrows I saved for him from my Gloomstalker Tav turned out to just be a time-saving measure. I think after all that, I'm legally obligated to choose the "I was expecting him to put up more of a fight" dialogue option with Hope afterward.

I had to reload that fight a dozen times, every time I tried hitting him with the laughter a cambion would swat me out of it and break my concentration. was the hardest fight in the game for me except maybe grief.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I really liked that one.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I had to reload that fight a dozen times, every time I tried hitting him with the laughter a cambion would swat me out of it and break my concentration. was the hardest fight in the game for me except maybe grief.

Part of the trick is that you can split up your party and position them wherever you want in the room before starting it. I think I simply had more appealing targets closer to the ones on that side. (namely, they all seemed to go after Karlach instead.)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

"Tough warrior race doesn't understand metaphors" is such a tired trope, but... I loved it. Sue me.

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

wizard2 posted:

yeah, the best items in Baldur's Gate games have always been "reforge the forever lost weapon of impossible destiny" and "resolve the epic quest and claim what it rightfully yours" or "pickpocket a commoner" and "buy it at the store" and it does NOT discriminate between the two. it is so lovely that Larian continued the spirit of BG's itemization! my wish for a future patch would be item improvement to +3 (doesn't matter SO much) and transmog/glamour system (extremely important)

What can you pickpocket off a commoner or buy in a shop in BG2 that compares with the Flail of Ages, Crom Faeyr, Ravager, or Carsomyr? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
#tfw u realise after 120 hours gameplay you can cast longstrider on your entire party and not just the caster

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

#tfw u realise after 120 hours gameplay you can cast longstrider on your entire party and not just the caster

Level up to triple galaxy brain when you realize you can also buff your party with upcast Aid and protection from poison and freedom of movement and eventually heroes feast from a cleric hireling

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

LifeLynx posted:

"Tough warrior race doesn't understand metaphors" is such a tired trope, but... I loved it. Sue me.
except she does, like when she makes the short fuse joke

I assume she is joking here too because "shall we bury the hatchet" after that scene sounds incredibly unserious

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

not killing bernard wasn't sitting right with me, so i dropped a sussur bloom at the animated armors and had the bulette smack him up. that's my rightful xp.

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

rojay posted:

What can you pickpocket off a commoner or buy in a shop in BG2 that compares with the Flail of Ages, Crom Faeyr, Ravager, or Carsomyr? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Shield of Balduran?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Started another honor run after giving myself a few days to be buttmad about Myrkul utterly deleting me. I am ready to be hurt again.

On the plus side at this point the first 3 levels fly by in no time. I also have a lot more money because I’m leaning hard into crime. I was terrified of getting caught and starting unnecessary combat last run. But now that I’m back to square one might as well see how much I can get away with (a lot, it turns out)

-5 Astarion. Oh no, anyway…

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Started another honor run after giving myself a few days to be buttmad about Myrkul utterly deleting me. I am ready to be hurt again.

On the plus side at this point the first 3 levels fly by in no time. I also have a lot more money because I’m leaning hard into crime. I was terrified of getting caught and starting unnecessary combat last run. But now that I’m back to square one might as well see how much I can get away with (a lot, it turns out)

-5 Astarion. Oh no, anyway…

if you shapeshift into something other than your normal race/gender even that won't count.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

rojay posted:

Robe of Vecna

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Lae'zel gave me a massive soft spot for the githyanki despite most of them actually being genocidal methhead frog men

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Robe of Vecna

True.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lae'zel gave me a massive soft spot for the githyanki despite most of them actually being genocidal methhead frog men

Lae'zel gave me a massive soft spot for Lae'zel. The rest of them can huff farts. As a baseball fan, no way I'd ever love the 'yankis.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

playing solo barbarian kind of kicks rear end in act 1 once you get to level 5. +3m/turn innate with haste helm and crusher's ring more than doubles my movement as a halfling, I can jump far as hell with a hill giant elixir or dash as a bonus action with boots of speed, every time I kill someone I turn invisible, and returning pike dramatically outranges every ranged mob.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Eau de MacGowan posted:

How do you do this?

I really need to hire a hireling to buff the party at camp.

Is there a convenient way to buff the squad at camp? When I try and cluster people the npcs will run back to their individual tents.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it's a targeted ritual spell, just cast it on everyone you want to have it individually. there isn't really a convenient way to cluster everyone up, but some camps facilitates it better than others.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How do you do this?

I really need to hire a hireling to buff the party at camp.

Is there a convenient way to buff the squad at camp? When I try and cluster people the npcs will run back to their individual tents.

Not sure why I didn't think to try this until right now, but for anyone who isn't near your caster, maybe get them close and then weigh them the hell down with stuff? Like keep chests of heavy trash armours as inventory anchors.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Basically I park my main character near 1-2 party members, have the rest walk over to me, and then the cleric hireling casts Aid really fast. Then run around doing the other spells since they are targeted rather than AoE. In some camps this is very easy and some it sucks rear end. Also depends on who you like to run in the party.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Vermain posted:

you had a sex scene just as long in mass effect 1 back in 2007 and no one back then or now would accuse it of being in the nebulous category of "horny game". it's solely because BG3 is open about sex and sexuality in its dialogue in a way that is vanishingly rare in modern media in general and video games in particular

This was literally the first thing I thought of when I heard about the romance options in BG3:

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This all sounds very annoying and fighting the UI.

I had fun yesterday making a goblin kiss my feet, pushing another one off a bridge while no one was watching, threatening a few others into doing my bidding and murdering a priestess and her housemaid. Turns out my Tav is not a very nice person

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

BlazetheInferno posted:

Yyyyyup, instant game over if it's your main character. I'm guessing that extends to any player's Main Character in a co-op run, since while I haven't tested it, I'm assuming that a character who surrenders body and mind/soul can't be resurrected.

It does :eng101:

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Lobok posted:

As a baseball fan, no way I'd ever love the 'yankis.

new thread title

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Docjowles posted:

Level up to triple galaxy brain when you realize you can also buff your party with upcast Aid and protection from poison and freedom of movement and eventually heroes feast from a cleric hireling
Does Feast still work if the party member isn’t close enough?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shumagorath posted:

Does Feast still work if the party member isn’t close enough?

With my buff bot I would have Halsin cast Feast once while using the staff that lets you cast one free spell, and then walk into the other room and cast it again. I couldn't get everyone to line up correctly otherwise.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Having Halsin be a buff bot who then fights all day in Owlbear form wouldn’t be the worst.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So is there a trick to buff bots or do you literally have to add them to party, click on each buff and each target, then remove them from party?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

So is there a trick to buff bots or do you literally have to add them to party, click on each buff and each target, then remove them from party?

No, it’s this. Some buffs are AoE or multi target but it’s still fairly tedious. Once you get in the habit it’s only like 30 seconds after a long rest. I also tend to run the same 3 companions so I’m not buffing every person in camp.

Not here to justify it as like, fun or good, but it has saved my rear end on honor mode several times.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I just did this because of Pathfinder PTSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i wouldn't hold it against anyone, but i just don't use camp buff bots anymore. like vendor pickpocketing, it's repetitive/awkward and insanely busted.