Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
They sell merch and go on other podcasts and such so it wouldn't surprise me if each host earns a healthy amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

based

https://x.com/stillgray/status/1776940227292196899

also apparently purplepingers will be on The Project tonight, Steve Price is at risk of having a heart attack

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty good side gig entertainment money I spose

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I never clicked with boonta vista but one of the dudes works at scratch and is very cool to chat to about beer

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Hero.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
If it was illegal to list empty properties on the internet we could shut down all the real estate agencies.

It did remind me of this story from a few years ago - a police woman decided she liked the sound of the squatters rights and went a bit gung ho:
A Victorian police officer claimed squatters’ rights on at least five properties to expand her investment portfolio and used her position and police uniform to help in the scam, a Melbourne court has heard.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-08/tertiary-education-union-federation-university-redundancy-plans/103680816

This will be the first of many. Basically all unis are operating in an unsustainable mode - turns out years of corporatisation and lack of support from all sides of politics has ramifications.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Recoome posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-08/tertiary-education-union-federation-university-redundancy-plans/103680816

This will be the first of many. Basically all unis are operating in an unsustainable mode - turns out years of corporatisation and lack of support from all sides of politics has ramifications.

Man they've hosed this country. Do they expect SportsBet to finance tertiary education and research.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wtf is Federation university lol

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
The laptop used to leak sealed info to the media coincidentally had a browser bookmark to the exact same university Lehrmann happened to be studying at. Funny, that! :v:

Hardly a smoking gun, but given somebody at Channel 7 has already testified he leaked the info... It's not the best look.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I went there back when it was called Ballarat uni
Just a regional uni, it had a good nursing course

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

Ballarat uni. It had a name change like ten years ago or something?

I think they do a lot of nursing and teaching?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
wrong thread

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Ok we’ve established that Bruce has expensive tastes, from hookers to golf to eyewateringly expensive lawsuits. Who is funding this guy now that channel 7 isn’t? Because disgraced former ministerial staffer doesn’t pay real well. Could this be a CIA operation?
Pfft! Q-ANON! Here it's all covered in this 30kg document.

Bucky Fullminster posted:

There are differences yes, but fundamentally they are still tiny things weirdly orbiting a much bigger thing, with a lot of empty space in between

In a way that I don’t think anything else does at any scale between them, does it?

Fucken nerds
The only thing vaguely scientific here is an example of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

And to answer your question (with a question), Have you heard of the Moon? (Or tether ball) Orbital diameter Solar ~150 million km - Moon orbital diameter ~800 thousand km so 200 times diference in 'scale'. There are also moons around other planets at much smaller diamters eg Deimos at ~50 thousand km

Non Compos Mentis posted:

we gotta steal her house
Are explosives too expensive or just hard to get?

Recoome posted:

A cautionary tale about what happens when you start to put a retail price on education, just to relate it to the discussion on tipping.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Australian sports fans upholding our people tradition of being racist cunts.

"SANZAAR has launched an investigation into allegations Fijian star Frank Lomani was called a “black c—” by a Melbourne Rebels supporter during a Super Rugby fixture on Friday."

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Minority Government it is then:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I can't see any situation in which the ALP return with a majority in the house. I think they're losing one or two to the greens. The libs are probably going to trade seats and come out where they currently stand.

Tbh ALP minority with greens and teals sounds like a more functional parliament than the current one because they'll have to air the horseshit policies before they intro them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What are the seats that the Greens are aiming to pick up next election? I assume there is someone here who would know.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What are the seats that the Greens are aiming to pick up next election? I assume there is someone here who would know.

Wills, McNamara and Cooper in Vic. Richmond and Sydney in NSW. Also ahhhh that other one in Brisbane I forget the name of. Idk if this aligns with their actual strategy but I'd have a go at these if I was the geens.

E: maybe Higgins but the greens candidate there comes across as a low effort seat filler idk

EE: same could be said for Stephen Bates I suppose lmao

JBP fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 9, 2024

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

There’s a couple of ‘safe’ ones with a high Muslim population that the greens are having a crack at while Muslims are pissed off that it took Israel killing a white person to get the ALP to change their rhetoric on the war.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

gay picnic defence posted:

There’s a couple of ‘safe’ ones with a high Muslim population that the greens are having a crack at while Muslims are pissed off that it took Israel killing a white person to get the ALP to change their rhetoric on the war.

They have been pissed off for much longer than one week. The ALP has been concerned about it on baseline policy for ages, it's obviously been accelerated since October though. I've noted that middle eastern redshirt minions have been worriedly wringing their hands and whispering about being hosed in Wills for some time now.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

macnamara, wills, richmond and moreton should be the main targets. macnamara and richmond only need a small labor-to-greens swing each on current boundaries - for macnamara it's 0.32%, for richmond it's 1.27%. wills is a bit of a longer shot but they've come somewhat close to winning it in the past and the current political climate around israel/palestine does provide a serious opportunity there - the south of the seat is already very good for the greens (typical inner city leftie demographics) but there's a significant muslim population in the north of the seat that has previously been very loyal to labor, and it's the one seat that combines those two demographics. current vic greens state leader samantha ratnam is expected to be the candidate there. moreton is also a longer shot but it's the most favourable brisbane seat they haven't won yet and isn't totally out of reach. the incumbent there is also expected to be retiring.

higgins also looks good on the current boundaries (2.4% labor to greens swing required) but the redistribution is likely to significantly affect that (almost certainly for the worse) or even abolish the seat, and the vic greens really can't afford to split off resources into a third seat campaign (though they might anyway, there's a long history of poor campaign strategy there)

lih fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 9, 2024

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

hambeet posted:

if i rode 120,000km and were still in sydney, i'd be upset too!

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
judgement verdict will be on monday

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://x.com/DrewPavlou/status/1777253704632303642

I'm stunned that drew's powerful intellect did not simply dissolve the neonazi movement instantaneously

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

hambeet posted:

Bunch of squares itt

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 3 days!)

blast from the past

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

lih posted:

current vic greens state leader samantha ratnam is expected to be the candidate there.

heck yes, don't gently caress this up .... oh no, is that morelands merribeks music

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it's the darebin greens (mostly overlapping with the seat of cooper) who have a long history of self-sabotage and fuckups

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Also I saw this article a few days ago but forgot to post it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-01/centrelink-medicare-calls-unanswered-lack-of-ambition/103599346

ABC News posted:

Centrelink and Medicare let 7 million calls go unanswered last year and it will be a while before the situation improves

"The experience for Australians who need to deal with Services Australia is bad and getting worse." National Secretary of the Community and Public Sector Union, Melissa Donnelly, said the problem was created by successive Coalition governments cutting staff. Services Australia in 2012 had just under 37,000 staff, which had fallen to about 30,595 staff in 2019. "Over the last decade we've seen governments cut jobs, cut staffing and that's resulted in the processing and wait time blowouts that we've seen reported over the last 12 months," Ms Donnelly said.

The purpose of a system is what it does.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

Wills, McNamara and Cooper in Vic. Richmond and Sydney in NSW. Also ahhhh that other one in Brisbane I forget the name of. Idk if this aligns with their actual strategy but I'd have a go at these if I was the geens.

I can't see Sydney going until Plibersek retires (and which point it's a big opportunity for the Greens). Same for Grayndler.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I can't see Sydney going until Plibersek retires (and which point it's a big opportunity for the Greens). Same for Grayndler.

Bigger fish than Plibersek have been rolled but yeah there isn't a hatred of her.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

JBP posted:

Bigger fish than Plibersek have been rolled but yeah there isn't a hatred of her.

Given the rubber stamping she has done on approving some very controversial gas projects...

She should have a hatred.

That said she also did just knock one back...

Maybe they didn't donate to Labor enough.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
‘Sign here’: high court finds no requirement for minister to read submissions on visa decisions

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/apr/10/alex-hawke-andrew-giles-visa-cancellation-case-details

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
ASIO says its time for a new race war

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

https://x.com/DrewPavlou/status/1777253704632303642

I'm stunned that drew's powerful intellect did not simply dissolve the neonazi movement instantaneously

he's the Just Asking Questions centrist ideal given human form

every comment of his just has that stubborn, smug energy

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

lih posted:

macnamara, wills, richmond and moreton should be the main targets. macnamara and richmond only need a small labor-to-greens swing each on current boundaries - for macnamara it's 0.32%, for richmond it's 1.27%. wills is a bit of a longer shot but they've come somewhat close to winning it in the past and the current political climate around israel/palestine does provide a serious opportunity there - the south of the seat is already very good for the greens (typical inner city leftie demographics) but there's a significant muslim population in the north of the seat that has previously been very loyal to labor, and it's the one seat that combines those two demographics. current vic greens state leader samantha ratnam is expected to be the candidate there. moreton is also a longer shot but it's the most favourable brisbane seat they haven't won yet and isn't totally out of reach. the incumbent there is also expected to be retiring.

higgins also looks good on the current boundaries (2.4% labor to greens swing required) but the redistribution is likely to significantly affect that (almost certainly for the worse) or even abolish the seat, and the vic greens really can't afford to split off resources into a third seat campaign (though they might anyway, there's a long history of poor campaign strategy there)

Any assumption that Israel/Palestine is a seat-deciding issue, resulting in Wills becoming a lock for the Greens, presumably has to lead to the opposite conclusion for Macnamara

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

freebooter posted:

Any assumption that Israel/Palestine is a seat-deciding issue, resulting in Wills becoming a lock for the Greens, presumably has to lead to the opposite conclusion for Macnamara

Hodgins-May is already considered an anti-Semite and went +6% last time. I also recall that at the last election with a few more 2nd prefs and the greens would have won.

The Jewish deciding vote is also getting hosed down bigly by high rise developments full of renters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The coalition are calling the deportation bill inhumane lol