Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Driving drunk is loving stupid at any age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
No poo poo, as are all the other posts

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why even post news, frankly

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

We all do dumb poo poo in our 20s. You should still take responsibility and correct those mistakes.

Thats the difference between being a guy making a mistake and an irredeemable gently caress head.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

BlindSite posted:

We all do dumb poo poo in our 20s. You should still take responsibility and correct those mistakes.

Thats the difference between being a guy making a mistake and an irredeemable gently caress head.

For sure, one mistake where no one actually got hurt (from what I’ve read anyway) shouldn’t ruin your life, but if you’re building a draft order and have a guy exhibiting that kind of decision making weeks before the event that will determine his whole rear end life, you probably yeet that name off the top half of your board if not entirely.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Now an interesting post for someone to make other than magnanimously floating into the thread to inform everyone DUIs are bad is to figure out how many people who did something idiotic before the draft actually went on to do more dumb things or keep their noses clean in the league.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

Every year some 21-24 year old does something stupid and goons rush to the thread to say he's not a kid anymore or that he's dumb for doing it.

its nice to know that goons are right at least once a year

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Displays the impulsiveness and poor decision making that's normally reserved for NFL players with years of frontal cortex damage experience. Should rise up the boards, imo.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Driving drunk is bad but it's also good. I play both sides so I win either way, fuckin checkmate

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

:lol: Packers, please trade up to 16.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Doltos posted:

Now an interesting post for someone to make other than magnanimously floating into the thread to inform everyone DUIs are bad is to figure out how many people who did something idiotic before the draft actually went on to do more dumb things or keep their noses clean in the league.

Or perhaps they could do something equally valuable, like starting a priggish meta posting derail.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
No you see everyone it's okay because none of you are knowledgeable enough to know DUIs are bad, or that it might hurt draft stock

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
With the fourth pick, I select "DUIs are bad" in the TFF Catchphrase Draft

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
First overall can't miss prospect "What guys have funny names in the draft"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Anyway I looked it up and found P.J. Williams, Orson Charles, Alec Ogletree, and Dak Prescott as the DUIs before a draft and well

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
What's the window here? I mean, does it have to be after the season but before the draft or just before the draft in general? If we cast a wide net we can have categories like "assaulting women" (Mixon and Hill), "street races that ended with people maimed or killed" (Carter) "rapes" (Winston), etc.

It could be a landmark project for TFF!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Black Sunshine posted:

What's the window here? I mean, does it have to be after the season but before the draft or just before the draft in general? If we cast a wide net we can have categories like "assaulting women" (Mixon and Hill), "street races that ended with people maimed or killed" (Carter) "rapes" (Winston), etc.

After college season, up to draft day.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

football player crimes tier list

S+ tier: "A-1" type of murder, top shelf all the way (broadcast live on the Knicks jumbotron, they are helpless to turn it off, etc)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Oh sure. Like you’re really gonna go all pro ice all of a sudden.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
how much is the dui gonna hurt him anyway? 2nd round? 3rd?

its sort of like politics at this point, we all know the illegal bad thing doesn't genuinely derail your career it's just a question of how big the roadbump is

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Relentlessboredomm posted:

how much is the dui gonna hurt him anyway? 2nd round? 3rd?

its sort of like politics at this point, we all know the illegal bad thing doesn't genuinely derail your career it's just a question of how big the roadbump is

I think it really depends on how teams grade him. If they like him, won't matter. If they already had concerns, he'll drop.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I've always viewed red flags as a blinking match between GMs if the talent is there. It sucks but I don't think they care much about anything that isn't well known domestic abuse or horrible sex crimes.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Oh sure. Like you’re really gonna go all pro ice all of a sudden.

Jayden Daniels is going to take three hits from NFL DEs and then turn into Cartilage Head

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

JGdmn posted:

Driving drunk is loving stupid at any age.

and like 45% of the population admit to doing it

it'd be more shocking if some prospect didn't get busted in the pre-draft window when dozens of them have probably done it in that window of time

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I wouldn't draft someone dumb enough to get a dui.

Spoiler: I totally would if they were like Cam Newton levels talented.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I feel like it is possible to hold the opinion that driving drunk/high is bad and also hold the opinion that NFL GMs will not care one iota

If I may express a controversial belief

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's just always funny seeing the scathing posts about it knowing that like half the goons reading along are just quietly pretending they aren't in those crosshairs, lol

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I wouldn't draft someone dumb enough to get a dui.

Spoiler: I totally would if they were like Cam Newton levels talented.

So you're not against drunk driving per se

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: needless poo poo talk plus probably getting :thejoke: ed here

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 9, 2024

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I just want laramy tunsil vindicated show all the drug taking photos

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

per se dat's me yellin

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Gas mask bongs should arguably raise your draft stock

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

DUI's aside, who is that one prospect in this year's Draft that is "Your Guy"? If you had to pick one to bank your future on, who?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think Zach Frazier is amazing and he'll prob go in like the 6th round and get cut in training camp

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Doltos posted:

Gas mask bongs should arguably raise your draft stock

There's precedent of it working out at this point

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

DUI's aside, who is that one prospect in this year's Draft that is "Your Guy"? If you had to pick one to bank your future on, who?

MHJ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Are we ignoring super obvious picks, because Caleb and MHJ are right there

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

IcePhoenix posted:

Are we ignoring super obvious picks, because Caleb and MHJ are right there

Yeah super obvious picks aside. Your diamond in the rough.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Homer pick, Johnny Wilson once a smart team converts him to TE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Renardo Green