Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gaz-L posted:

Let's be honest this is why he's here in the first place

No he was here so Shota could save him from Souled Out Ren Narita's dastardly attack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is very cool, but poor Tsuji in the corner

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay, Naito forcing Tsuji to do the fistbump and watching him toss the belt aside has me even more invested in Tsuji beating him for the title now!

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
im glad they're still friends

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I want the rematch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Really excited to see what Tsuji does nex-

Oh.

It's David Finlay.

:geno:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Here's Finlay to wreck the day

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Brawling around Tsuji's corpse :laffo:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You can STILL hear Gabe screaming obscenities from down the corridor :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Naito saying he wants the rest of LIJ to take their shots at him while he's still on top. That's... pretty drat good of him!

Edit: And now taking shots at a Tokyo Sports Reporter who didn't show up to the last press conference :lol:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
An LiJ Naito challenge gauntlet to finish the year would be pretty cool.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:woop: Cactus Jack :woop:

:munch:

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1776668792749461739?s=46

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Los Ingobornablers!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man I feel for Yoh especially since I feel like he was gonna win the title. Just such a freak injury over such a small spot

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
drat, I opened up Twitter this morning before watching the show and saw Tsuji laying among the gold streamers. So this whole time I've been thinking he won the belt! Really good match, even if the whole show wasn't all that. The Jr. Tag Title match was good fun. And yeah that sucks for YOH. :( They set up some cool angles for BoSJ that have me excited anyways and next week's Chicago show has the potential to be very good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The thing about not speaking Japanese is that sometimes when I'm not paying attention my brain takes Japanese word sounds and tries to create meaningful English out of them with limited success. Which is why when watching Sakura Genesis I was sure I heard someone being called the "Crunchy Squadkiller" and someone else be announced as "Colonel Boxing".

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I haven't seen the show but I peeped Cagematch and the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship match was a ref stoppage. Was this basically like Shun Skywalker (c) vs HipHop Kikuta for the Dream Gate title back in 2021?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Lily Catts posted:

I haven't seen the show but I peeped Cagematch and the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship match was a ref stoppage. Was this basically like Shun Skywalker (c) vs HipHop Kikuta for the Dream Gate title back in 2021?

I haven't seen that show, but there was a pre match brawl and YOH injured his shoulder, so the match didn't even start.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

I don't know if Kikuta's injury happened as quickly into the match as Yoh's but yeah

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I haven't seen that show, but there was a pre match brawl and YOH injured his shoulder, so the match didn't even start.

ok it was worse then

In Kikuta's case they got to a minute or two then he got wrecked after doing a very normal spot

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
It's gonna be so good when YOH is somehow ready for BOSJ and wins it and beats SHO for the title.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Living in Philly I can't escape fed stuff this weekend, time to watch Sakura Genesis and catch up on whatever I've missed since New Beginning.

Edit-- looks like I basically missed New Japan Cup

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
one of the things i'm looking forward to with new japan is mox dropping naito on that pile of straw he calls hair

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Count Thrashula posted:

Living in Philly I can't escape fed stuff this weekend, time to watch Sakura Genesis and catch up on whatever I've missed since New Beginning.

Edit-- looks like I basically missed New Japan Cup

Not to worry, it wasn't exactly the best ever NJ Cup. I had 2 matches at ****¼, 2 at **** & 1 at ***¾ & that's the highlights. Final is worth a watch though.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
drat, YOH's shoulder...

Edit-- I like Jeff Cobb on commentary

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 7, 2024

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Lily Catts posted:

ok it was worse then

In Kikuta's case they got to a minute or two then he got wrecked after doing a very normal spot

This is kind of what happened with YOH. They had a pre match brawl, the match started and YOH hit a sliding drop kick, planted his arm and popped his shoulder.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Did a little bit of catch-up. Thoughts:

- The interference in Tsuji vs. EVIL was hilarious. At least they're better at it than the Bloodline, gently caress this one at a time poo poo, everybody run in and just beat the gently caress outta the guy at once.
- Jail for Tsuji. Jail 100 years. Jailed for crimes of defeating our special boy Hirooki. :(
- Jesus christ, Yoh might be the unluckiest injury I've ever seen. I felt really bad for him. And Sho is still champion, so I also feel bad for me.
- Tsuji vs. Naito was fun but never hit that next gear I was waiting for. There was also a weird spot where Tsuji hit the Spear on Naito but he was the one that was selling afterwards. I get that he had been hit by a Running Destino, but he just hit his spear and then Naito was in control again, it was weird. I suspect this was originally gonna be Naito vs. Finlay and that match woulda fuckin' stunk, so, I'm fine with this.

I think Mox is doin' the J-O-B on Friday, but, we'll see.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I think the logical play is to run Naito v Tsuji at sakura genesis and for finlay to get the dontaku main. So that's probably what will happen

I really liked naito v tsuji and it's matches like that why I'm drawn to njpw but and its a big but tsuji isn't really a 30 minute wrestler yet. Again as a njpw fan that had the storytelling I'm drawn to but for a less hardcore fan its slow pace might be off putting. It's why I think Shota is the better wrestler even if tsuji is more complete total package right now.

I like sho as champ. He's funny

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Burn Down Canberra I really have to hand it to you, you inspired me to open my mind and heart to House of Torture and now I think they're pretty fun. I love crazy SHO, I love Souled Out Ren Narita and his match graphic where he looks like he's sighing and tired and bored. I love goofy try-hard Scapegoat Jack Perry. And best of all I love seeing them finally get their comeuppance. Like Shingo blasting EVIL with the pumping bomber or seeing Shota Umino put Ren Narita through a table and down the stairs in Korakuen.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i really haven't seen many house of torture matches but i highly recommend watching damnation TA matches in DDT if you want to see what some truly grim and unfun heel work looks like. everything i hear about HoT sounds delightful by comparison

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Damnation T.A is the drizzling shits compared to HoT, nobody could have thought it would be a good idea to reform DAMNATION but with none of the cool members.

I love everything about SHO except the his actual matches, that looney tunes gently caress consistently put a smile on my face whenever he grabs a mic

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1777532637336440921

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
turns out he just invited Jun Kasai a bunch of times so they could beat the poo poo out of each other a lot

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Hell yeah Despe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress yes, Despe!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

turns out he just invited Jun Kasai a bunch of times so they could beat the poo poo out of each other a lot

gently caress YES, Despe!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I wonder what the odds are of bushiroad approving any stardom wrestlers to have a death match because slk wants despes approval in the same way despe wants jun kasais

Probably pretty low right?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I can see them probably being a bit more accommodating given that while they kept most of the roster they probably don't want anyone to get to unhappy and look at Rossy's group

Anyway Ren vs Suzuki added to Chicago show which should be fun

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLZklp3K5v0

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If Mox doesn't win after NJPW produced this, it'll genuinely annoy me.

Also, checking the Japanese upload, the Japanese fans loving love Mox. My favorite comment on there, Google translated:

"Win or lose, I want to see him challenge for the belt, not just once, but over and over again. I want to see more of Jon Moxley, who is one of the most talented and popular wrestlers in the world, and brings his fighting spirit and respect to all the veteran, mid-career, and young wrestlers of the new era.

Also, when [he] said that [his] daughter is the cutest of all the pro wrestling daughters, I don't have any objections, because she's not an idiot, she's really cute."

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

People only like Moxley so much because he loving rules and is great. If he was actually a lame loser jerk moron idiot, he'd be less popular :colbert:

Edit: I apologize, I have been informed that Seth Rollins proves the latter part of my statement a falsehood.