Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
getting my once every few year itch to play warframe again

what's the lowdown, how's the game? how are the goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tabletops posted:

getting my once every few year itch to play warframe again

what's the lowdown, how's the game? how are the goons

goom good

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Best it has ever been - huge improvements at every level of the game, and a staggering amount of content to chew through

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

DoombatINC posted:

Best it has ever been - huge improvements at every level of the game, and a staggering amount of content to chew through

I agree with this statement. As someone who recently returned himself, I was staggered by the level of improvement between 2020 and today, including multiple progression roadblocks impacting me personally that were either totally solved or alleviated significantly (enough to eliminate them as a barrier for me) in the intervening time. Good poo poo.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mega-agree on all counts, as someone who last played in uhhh 2021 and came back like 2 months ago, there's only one thing I can and will complain about (necramech requirement for The New War) not being great and super-fun. New frames are good + fun, the two most recent (Qorvex and Dante) are extremely my jam and ALSO pretty user-friendly to get, with both having pretty nice bad-luck-protection if the bounties and new disruption (which is actually good now) don't work out quickly enough. Also the new tileset is sick as hell (mad Victorian science lab with statue monsters). As well as the one before it (big ghost ship).

Also the I Can't Believe It's Not Elden Ring mode is pretty fun a couple times, and the circuit (endless waves of different modes) is a great way to get weird new poo poo for old weapons (Incarnons) as well as old frame bps without their respective goofy old grinds.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Between the focus orbs giving 5000 XP to your current school on pickup, eximus units giving a silly amount of XP, and the general Zariman grind contributing huge amounts of focus in general, I finally maxed out Zenurik and am about to unlock the waybounds on Madurai. Focus schools are still pretty slow but actually possible without making it your job. I'm actually impressed at how not-obnoxious most of the grind is right now. Corrupted holokeys still suck but at least you can pop relics while you're working on that.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
what should i do with this? i barely remember the operator/focus system at all as i haven't played since 2019 and my stop back in in 2019 was fairly short.

also tried some mission from lotus that was marked 'elite' and felt like i was doing zero damage to some of the mobs. i don't think my stuff was that bad back in the day and im mr15. it was a 4x forma'd dex furis/lenz and atterax and in a volt prime.

gonna take a while to relearn everything

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Tabletops posted:

what should i do with this? i barely remember the operator/focus system at all as i haven't played since 2019 and my stop back in in 2019 was fairly short.

On Naramon, all you need is Power Spike. Invest the extra points into unlocking "Waybound" passives which will apply to the operator regardless of which school you have active.

On Zenurik: Energy Pulse, Wellspring and Inner Might are all priorities.

You should unlock Vazarin and max out Protective Sling if you want a reliable way to make any frame invulnerable for 5 seconds whenever you Void Dash (with Magus Cloud to increase AOE). I cheese the hardest content with that.

Mardurai and Unairu you can work on later, they are niche and the places where you need operator damage (like Void Angels) there's usually another player who can carry the damage. Power Spike, Protective Dash, and the Zenurik energy suite are the three things that builds rely on.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I made it, with significant assistance, through Deep Archimedea and I'll say I'm really not a fan of it, However I did get the bragging cosmetic and that's all I'll ever need from there. I will admit that high level enemies without the more spongey properties of SP was nice, I still wish SP was permanent eximus fortress instead of permanent damage sponge.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Zero VGS posted:

Mardurai and Unairu you can work on later, they are niche

Unairu does, however, have a universal full armor strip.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I don't think it's universal, it certainly doesn't appear to work on necramechs or liches, even partially.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
In what world, is unairu and it's immortality waybound, niche. Poise is also a really nice tool if you can't fit primed sure footed.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Nalesh posted:

In what world, is unairu and it's immortality waybound, niche. Poise is also a really nice tool if you can't fit primed sure footed.

Never getting killed is way better than having another way to (maybe) get back up IMO (pet sacrifice is already decent if they're not being targeted). But there's so many sources of armor strip, and if you want self-knockdown immune you can even summon an Archgun for the free 2000 Overguard and immediately put it away. I feel like the Unairu toolkit I just haven't had a need for in years. Maybe some people like it but I just wouldn't prioritize it until taking care of that other stuff first.

SIGSEGV posted:

I don't think it's universal, it certainly doesn't appear to work on necramechs or liches, even partially.

Nothing strips armor from Necramechs, Liches and Archons. They are all vulnerable to Banshee Sonar which is one good way to slap a 400x multiplier on them, and things like Attrition perk + Xaku's Whisper, but yeah their armor won't budge and all three can have Damage Attenuation.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

SIGSEGV posted:

I made it, with significant assistance, through Deep Archimedea and I'll say I'm really not a fan of it, However I did get the bragging cosmetic and that's all I'll ever need from there. I will admit that high level enemies without the more spongey properties of SP was nice, I still wish SP was permanent eximus fortress instead of permanent damage sponge.

I went 37 today with Hildryn and the assassination got pretty spicy. Thankfully the only reward besides the cosmetic is 50 vosfen and I hadn't interacted at all with that system really so I didn't know what an insultingly small amount of vosfen 50 was. Still, I thought it was a lot of fun and I think I'll usually be doing 34-heat runs assuming the modifiers aren't too punishing that week because that way I can at least bring a good frame.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Prop Wash posted:

I went 37 today with Hildryn and the assassination got pretty spicy. Thankfully the only reward besides the cosmetic is 50 vosfen and I hadn't interacted at all with that system really so I didn't know what an insultingly small amount of vosfen 50 was. Still, I thought it was a lot of fun and I think I'll usually be doing 34-heat runs assuming the modifiers aren't too punishing that week because that way I can at least bring a good frame.
Not gonna lie, that mission was probably the hardest challenge i've ran into in 5 years of warframe, way dicier than the secret 60 eyes pabloboss. And making it an easy wipe-point in a 45 minute run certainly raised the stakes.

Granted, we still nailed it at max heat on the first try and nobody even died, so "challenge" is still relative and not like FF14 Ultimate or Destiny "prog for days or months with a static" raid stuff.

I hope that mission goes well in Pub runs.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 9, 2024

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
I did a full pub run of Elite at max heat (at least I was at max, don't know about the others since one had a Laetum and Torid). We had a good source of overguard for the entire team and I don't think we could have finished without it, especially since it blocked the "Energy drain when near monsters" effect. Overguard OP

I had a full Umbral Frost and wandered in on the first attempt and somehow got immediately blown up in the first 30 seconds before going back to the drawing board lol

Faxanadus fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 9, 2024

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It's honestly easier to just have two people run their world destroyer loadout while everyone else runs max debuffs, and then just doing another run afterwards with the other to people doing world destroyers

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
well yeah, a basic 2 2 split is the obvious fallback, but that's also repeating a 40 minute run.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Speaking of bugframe. Today the 5min survival steelpath mission was on that tileset that is archwing in water my inaros got stuck in water near the ramp, unable to do anything. /unstuck didn't help. For the next 5minutes, while another player was doing the mission, I watched and listened how grineer one by one walked into the water and died.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm MR11 and I've built ignis wraith, fulmin, arca plasmor, phage, and broken war. Anything else very good or fun I should grab? I have about thirty other things sitting in the foundry, built, waiting for the next double affinity event.

I'm also almost done with the star chart. What comes next? Learning how to kill eidolons for arcanes? Farm a necramech?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm MR11 and I've built ignis wraith, fulmin, arca plasmor, phage, and broken war. Anything else very good or fun I should grab? I have about thirty other things sitting in the foundry, built, waiting for the next double affinity event.

I'm also almost done with the star chart. What comes next? Learning how to kill eidolons for arcanes? Farm a necramech?
Do quests if you haven't.

Necramechs make eidolons easy but people don't have to farm eidolons any more, unless they want to.

Here is a suggested task list once you get ready

You can max syndicates as well. You can get 3 maxed pretty easy.

temple fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 9, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MikusR posted:

Speaking of bugframe. Today the 5min survival steelpath mission was on that tileset that is archwing in water my inaros got stuck in water near the ramp, unable to do anything.

I was doing max heat Elite Deep to get that sumdali and my Warframe during defense suddenly transformed into my Necramech. I never summoned it, never went near the spawns for them, and I couldn't leave the Necramech. I had to fall off the map, which let me go to operator, but I still couldn't go into my frame (it was laying on the ground T-posing at the cliff where I jumped off the map). Getting the operator killed finally fixed it.

Still won that run by spamming Vazarin dash non-stop on the party. The Fragmented boss will straight up cheat and kill people though shield/overguard gating, but it can't get through Vazarin.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Some of the kitguns are very good. The Sporelacer and Catchmoon secondaries have both put in a lot of work for me.
Guandao Prime, Orthos Prime, or if you can't farm up the parts, the drifter's Edun are good workhorse polearms.

Do quests. You aren't almost done with the star chart; there's at least two more planets' worth of missions that only appear after you do particular story quests. The game will require you to build a necramech before you can do those story quests, so you might as well get on that.

Eidolons aren't bad to do for awhile if you haven't unlocked your focus school abilities. They take forever to grind out enough arcanes to upgrade them to be really good, but they also drop eidolon shards that give you a substantial amount of focus. Even just having the waybounds unlocked is a big boon to using the operator.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Important to note: Eidolon shards let you bypass and completely ignore the daily focus cap.

Or at least they use to, I haven't given this advice in years.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

New players should do duviri ASAP. Acrithis sells potatoes, kullervo is very good, azothane and syam are top tier melee weapons, did I mention the potatoes?

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
That chart is pretty good.
I’d note that with the Dante update Kahl no longer has archon shards.
Also, a lot of content is gated behind having not a railjack and necramech.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Potat, potat, hims a tiny kavat

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

In my more recent endgame-y runs I've been playing my umbral Oberon Prime build with a Vasca Kavat and it's a hoot - between Primed Pack Leader and Everyday Oberon Bullshit my cat never takes significant damage, so every two minutes I get a free mulligan to do some dumb poo poo with no consequences

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

DoombatINC posted:

In my more recent endgame-y runs I've been playing my umbral Oberon Prime build with a Vasca Kavat and it's a hoot - between Primed Pack Leader and Everyday Oberon Bullshit my cat never takes significant damage, so every two minutes I get a free mulligan to do some dumb poo poo with no consequences

You might wanna check any Vulpaphyla, there's a funny interaction with Primed Pack Leader and Martyr Symbiosis mods. Martyr Symbiosis already saves you from dying while giving you 1 second invincibility, and instead of a 2-minute cooldown it's only 30 seconds (time of Vulpaphyla larval state). But apparently the Overguard gating will prevent Martyr Symbiosis from killing the Vulpaphyla, while still saving you.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

You might wanna check any Vulpaphyla, there's a funny interaction with Primed Pack Leader and Martyr Symbiosis mods. Martyr Symbiosis already saves you from dying while giving you 1 second invincibility, and instead of a 2-minute cooldown it's only 30 seconds (time of Vulpaphyla larval state). But apparently the Overguard gating will prevent Martyr Symbiosis from killing the Vulpaphyla, while still saving you.

I need to experiment more with the Deimos pets in general, they're aesthetically dope and all seem to have some sort of busted interaction with this-and-that

Also after jumping into a bunch of Netracells / Deep Archimedea / Steel Path Cavia bounties the past week: goddamn this game is capital-f Fun, I love all this white knuckle content so much :neckbeard:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Gold potato excavation alert up for the next 5 days!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

mr 11 also has the synapse which isn't considered amazing or meta or anything but is kind of a sleeper primary imo. It does innate corrosive and has very nice crit stats.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
the newest hotfix changes fix my major complaints, so good job. restoring the status damage increase on pageflight goes a long way towards scaling his ability damage. some napkin math i did post-change was that going from 100% str to 200% was a 4x damage multi assuming you had pageflight up, since he had 3 multipliers in his kit (base damage, status doubling from pageflight, tragedy nuke). now it's closer to an 8x multi. it's also why you want to stack strength as high as you can on him because he gets a lot more value per point of strength even above 300% thanks to how his kit works. also why you really should have pageflight up at all times.

i'm a little sad that the rage/hunter adrenaline interaction change is only on overguard granted from allies but also i understand why because giving kullervo infinite energy is probably a wee bit dangerous lol. i think nezha's augment could've stayed nerfed since we know status spread is insanely broken but it got pulled into the waves of (often exaggerated) complaints.

FZeroRacer fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 10, 2024

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Did they change the permanent Bunny Ears to a Signa yet?:colbert:

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I love it.
"Fine, have a billion damage, jeezus"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I feel like DE's take away from this is going to be that they have to err on the side of underpowered when releasing new frame because the community is going to lose it's poo poo if they nerf even a blindingly obviously OP frame.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I had a Dante player actually die during regular circuit today, squad chat tore them apart after they're like "this is a damage build."

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

lol the damage build is the survivability build

You could toss in adaptation or rolling guard or health or shields or defensive focus skills but why tho?

E: vvv I mean Kullervo still does dummy damage too, I don't think that's much of a thing we have to worry about, Dante was just lazy and unkillable and status immune.

Still love our silly book wizard man.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 11, 2024

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like DE's take away from this is going to be that they have to err on the side of underpowered when releasing new frame because the community is going to lose it's poo poo if they nerf even a blindingly obviously OP frame.
At least this should give them a good sense of the upper boundary of numbers to balance around: Does the character generate 40k overguard? Ok that's probably about enough. Can they do a billion damage with a perfect setup? Ok let's stop there for the day!

Unfortunately it's equally likely this will make the worst parts of the community think those numbers should be the floor ("why wouldn't I just play Dante instead of <<>>"). But, what can you do? I'm just happy to play a game where it doesn't take 6 months for the designers to go, actually you know what, let's roll back some of what we did, everyone hates it (wow vet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Us concrete man and caliban players didn't complain when they came out and their skills do basically nothing. Spoiled rear end book man players! Oh no, we got nerfed from being unkillable and doing infinite damage to being unkillable and doing infinite damage, this is the greatest pain anyone has ever suffered.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 11, 2024