Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I kept expecting a fourth tier of bingo cards, but a Sam card would've been also excellent.

It was definitely one of the best episodes yet. Also Brennan breaking down at the end for being so predictable was just perfect.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ready! Set! Blow! posted:

eyeballing it, there didn't look like anywhere near 75 bingo balls in the thing, although I'm probably wrong about that

I was hoping for there being a card for Sam

Honestly Elaine having one for Sam would've been the kicker, yeah

bunnyofdoom posted:

What a fuck8ng Russian doll of an episode. Do you think the final level thought another level was watching them

Probably, but I think their set up made it pretty easy to assume not, as there was basically no outside stimulus to react to

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 9, 2024

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly Elaine having one for Sam would've been the kicker, yeah

Or Grant

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

What an all-timer holy poo poo

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The best part is that none of the other players are in the tags

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

Or Grant

Nah. You put Grant in the first layer with Ally on him in the green room

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

For me, it was Lily LOSING. IT. when the third round of players came out.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

A++++++ episode

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Game Changer encapsulated into a single perfect image. Can we just change the thread tagline to this?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Magitek posted:

Game Changer encapsulated into a single perfect image. Can we just change the thread tagline to this?

Dropout.tv: Brennan sits, defeated (Lively Exuberant Music) (Sam Laughing)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, the twist here was good, but this one didn't really sing for me like Sam Says does. Like, it was funny at points for sure, but it definitely feels very inside-joke-y, where it was probably really fun for the group themselves, but doesn't necessarily play outside of it the same way.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
On the front, it feels like bingo, but then you find out the "game" is the green room players trying to get their "avatar" to do the prompts to get their bingo cards marked.

Which absolutely means impossible to win the bingo in studio, as most likely the 25 selected per card is impossible to grab the five in a row in any combination.

However the "production" studio playing with the P.A.s to get the green screen players is a perfect "comedic foil" to the game. to create that Russian Doll effect.

I do agree though that Sam should really have a bingo card of his own though. He really should've had a chance to win his own game

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what's up with lily's leg thing tho

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

YouTube just suggested this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydsKexace9c

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

It did that foe me a couple days ago

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
Has Brennan ever been gotten that badly before? I've never seen him so legitimately shell shocked.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I think he was milking it. He knew that the only way for his reaction to be funny was to commit to the bit

Like there's no way the dude thought that they had hundreds of hours of footage of him and somehow failed to pick up any mannerisms

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 9, 2024

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Pigma_Micron posted:

Has Brennan ever been gotten that badly before? I've never seen him so legitimately shell shocked.

According to the episode he "knew it before anything was recorded" and I think that was what was going through his mind during the game but didn't speak up in time

Inaction Jackson
Feb 28, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, the twist here was good, but this one didn't really sing for me like Sam Says does. Like, it was funny at points for sure, but it definitely feels very inside-joke-y, where it was probably really fun for the group themselves, but doesn't necessarily play outside of it the same way.
The individual prompts aren’t nearly as funny, but the concept is incredible. I don’t think it’ll have as many moments that cut nicely for YouTube shorts and are funny out of context, but I think the episode as a total package was great.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TelevisedInsanity posted:

According to the episode he "knew it before anything was recorded" and I think that was what was going through his mind during the game but didn't speak up in time

that's not what he said

trapp asked him to say that he was "sweating a river" and brennan replied with "i said that right before the cameras started rolling"

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

It's the third layer of bingo that made it perfect.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I was holding out hope for a fourth layer of bingception

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
As my wife and I were watching we were speculating who the 4th circle of bingo hell woild be.

We came up with Grant, BDG and Ify but like who knows

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gaz-L posted:

I feel the same. The storylines didn’t really come together in a way that was anything more than kind of amusing

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Burginator posted:

I got to see the episode early (My roommate and I have both worked with Dropout on and off) and it's probably my favourite episode of gamechanger ever, I can't wait to see it again haha. It's so goddamn funny

What else to you get to see early!!!

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I'm just really curious now if the "normal" game of bingo was actually winnable.

Apparently Sam confirmed in the live chat that the diagonal numbers for the 1st tier of players were not in the hopper, making it impossible for them to win.

Also Grant was supposed to be in this one, but tested positive for COVID on set and they had to sub in Brennan an hour before it started. I'd love to see Grant's bingo card.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Loten posted:

they had to sub in Brennan an hour before it started.
I imagine that's why Brennan said he was sweating a river just before the shoot.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I'm just waiting for one of these games to start with Sam coming on set, and then Brennan or Grant or someone is already in his spot.

Like, making Sam compete on his own show has got to happen at some point, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pyroi posted:

I'm just waiting for one of these games to start with Sam coming on set, and then Brennan or Grant or someone is already in his spot.

Like, making Sam compete on his own show has got to happen at some point, right?

The one thing that has me resistant to this is it feels like the end point. Like it's the series finale

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We're at the point where how good a game changer episode is is directly proportional with how much the players break down at the end.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to learn what the gently caress is going on with Sam's hands during his intros

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Saw someone suggest they'd be setting up for Survivor/Battle Royale 3 and it turns out to actually be Escape the Studio

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Clearly when Sam says he's a "host", he means in the sense that he's housing an alien parasite and everytime he looks at his hands he's reveling at being in a creature with no exoskeleton.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Senerio posted:

Saw someone suggest they'd be setting up for Survivor/Battle Royale 3 and it turns out to actually be Escape the Studio

That could work with the big red button people were begging passers-by to push in the season trailer.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Brennan being such a consistent character is great but I'd really love to have had the alternate timeline episode with Grant.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm willing to settle for just seeing Grant's bingo card

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Loten posted:

Apparently Sam confirmed in the live chat that the diagonal numbers for the 1st tier of players were not in the hopper, making it impossible for them to win.

Also Grant was supposed to be in this one, but tested positive for COVID on set and they had to sub in Brennan an hour before it started. I'd love to see Grant's bingo card.

I'm very very glad we had Brennan instead. He's the perfect patsy for this sort of game.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It surprised me we didn't get a Brennan rant about how the game's lack of agency didn't make sense early on. (Because each ball applied to all three, it didn't matter if you completed a challenge or not - it would help the game end sooner, but wouldn't give you any advantage over the other two. There was no way for the base level players to actually try to win. That had to have been bugging him)

It's the kind of thing where I think Grant, Katie and Raph might have been less likely to notice based on what I've seen of them and maybe that's why they were the original lineup, but Brennan almost certainly did and just happened not to comment on it.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

timp posted:

I can't wait to learn what the gently caress is going on with Sam's hands during his intros
I'm happy to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's just a magician's flourish because he likes magic.