Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
front end has tundra vibes and I don't mean that as a compliment

it's certainly uglier than the current one and it's a lot uglier than the new US market LC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

What's the point of the 4Runner now that the land cruiser exists?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

god drat cars are getting ugly

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kraftwerk posted:

What's the point of the 4Runner now that the land cruiser exists?

The 4runner starts around $40k, the Land Cruiser at $55k.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
if someone made a pre-scuffed overland SUV, I bet it would sell like crazy

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

MeruFM posted:

if someone made a pre-scuffed overland SUV, I bet it would sell like crazy

Every one would come with a pair of distressed jeans too.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If you didn't tell me it was the new model I could have easily scrolled right past it

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I can almost see some coherency with the sharp slashes front and rear and the corresponding ones between the wheel arches on the side profile.

But like those few little bits are the only bits that have any sort of balance. Toyota has been banging out 'put lines everywhere' designs for a while but this is absolute dogshit in a way that's difficult to fully explain. Some poor prick probably designed something OK but was told it needed more. And more. And more...

FBS posted:

god drat cars are getting ugly

:agreed:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Powershift posted:

Forbes leaked the new 4runner.

All if you who wanted piano black plastic fender flares on an offroad vehicle finally got your way.

The Trailhunter and TRD Pro look awesome. The rear seats look super cramped - I mean half of the rear door is taken up by the rear wheel well. Forbes apparently screwed up the AM/PM timing of publishing the article.

You can check out a cached version of the article here: [url]https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.forbes.com/sites/samabuelsamid/2024/04/09/toyota-completes-its-off-road-lineup-with-all-new-2025-4runner/[/url]

The Trailhunter has a 2400 watt inverter which seems pretty neat. I will need to see the LC 250 and 4Runner side by side to make a decision. Ultimately I think the new GX 550 has to be the most enticing looking SUV right now.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's apparently ugly new car day. I hope this isn't real

https://twitter.com/KingOfMopar1/status/1777768749048701081?t=6hHhKTh0F20lIEndxzrtfA&s=19

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

that is ugly and its got China domestic market only vibes

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

What the gently caress is that badge?/grille? thing.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

The 4runner starts around $40k, the Land Cruiser at $55k.

Not counting the markup lol

People are dumb

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

thats like the best part

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I cannot wait for the Toyota Stout to spend its entire first model year selling for 150% of MSRP.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

I wonder if it lights up too

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

They don't mean in the literal, "What is it" sense, but more of a "jesus who ever thought to cut out your emblem into the bumper" sense

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Sab669 posted:

They don't mean in the literal, "What is it" sense, but more of a "jesus who ever thought to cut out your emblem into the bumper" sense

its got hard core early 80s vibes, we love to see it

the rest of the car is nasty but that parts cool

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The Alfa badge is cool as hell and I’m a usually a grille apologist but I do not like that one bit

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Neo_Crimson posted:

It’s the logo intergrated into the grill with an electric plug replacing the man being eaten by the snake.

I’m in the WTF camp. The Giulietta died for this??

The Tonale is what it is but at least it looks normal.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Powershift posted:

I’m a certified 4Runner Fanboi and I legit thought this was you loving off photoshopping a last gen Sequoia front end on there.

:psyduck:

Maybe it’ll grow on me, but yeesh.

I saw a new Tacoma on the interstate this weekend and it looked better in person. Fingers crossed.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Powershift posted:

All if you who wanted piano black plastic fender flares on an offroad vehicle finally got your way.

Yeah I think it's gonna be either the Land Cruiser or a GX550 as our next "big" car.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I keep seeing Ioniq 6's and man, what a visual mess of a car. Not a single legitimately good angle on it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

LeeMajors posted:

I’m a certified 4Runner Fanboi and I legit thought this was you loving off photoshopping a last gen Sequoia front end on there.

I saw a new Tacoma on the interstate this weekend and it looked better in person. Fingers crossed.

To be fair that is the ‘limited’ trim and TRD Off Road/Pro and Trailhunter all look way better.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

LeeMajors posted:

Same for me. I thought it was a sequoia shoop. I also saw a new taco this weekend and really like how they look. A buddy was going to order one, a TRD off-road and was quoted $56.6K, no mark up. Mid-$50k's for a mid size pickup with so many empty buttons is ridiculous. I already feel poor in this thread and that just makes it worse. Guess I'll keep rocking my 'cheap' 2023 sr5 2wd.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Powershift's mockups have been better than the OEM versions for like 5 years now! :newlol:

The "Straight Pipes" goons have stolen from him as well!

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 9, 2024

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The new GX/Land Cruiser look worlds better, for sure. But 4Runners already have their own group of buyers so Toyota can cater to everyone! :toot:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

fknlo posted:

I keep seeing Ioniq 6's and man, what a visual mess of a car. Not a single legitimately good angle on it.

Yup, it's really painful to look at. Sharp contrast to the i5 which is fantastic

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

that is ugly and its got China domestic market only vibes

It's going to be sold only in the EU, also that grille is not new, just horrid without a solid metal border

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

mama mia

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Saw my first cyber truck in the wild. My review: lol

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

fknlo posted:

I can’t say I like all of it, but all of it is interesting to look at and that’s a win against the jelly bean take over.

New 4Runner is gross, im sure I’ll have to look at thousands of them here in the next couple years.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m just going to find a clapped out 3rd gen T4R and piece it together until society collapses. Never should’ve sold mine :negative: :emo: :suicide:

The Tacoma is nice but it’s no runner. Paid for tho.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I loving hate big plastic fender covers and squared wheel arches.

I'd literally time-skip past Baby Hitler to kill the guy who made them popular

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

The shiny black plastic must be cheap as poo poo because it’s everywhere and it looks awful. Like awful awful.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

SlowBloke posted:

It's going to be sold only in the EU, also that grille is not new, just horrid without a solid metal border

Alfa have fallen a loooooong way

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

LeeMajors posted:

The shiny black plastic must be cheap as poo poo because it’s everywhere and it looks awful. Like awful awful.

Usually highly polished cavities in molds cost more to make and maintain. But idk, you have to be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

GD_American posted:

As long as he's followed into the woodchipper by the guy who started putting turn signals and LED headlight assemblies into bumpers*. But, also leaving vestigial lights that...don't do anything sometimes? Looking at you, Chevy Bolt and gestures vaguely at Hyundai/Kia

It looks wrong and probably turns even the most minor of hits into a multi-thousand dollar repa- oh wait I get it now.

*El Camino gets a pass

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 10, 2024