Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
10 minutes into the newest Raw and the crowd is chanting "You deserve it!" at Cody. Wrestling is good.

Edit: HHH claims they have sold out 17 straight television tapings and last night's Raw had the highest television taping attendance of just over 20k

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr Hootington posted:

10 minutes into the newest Raw and the crowd is chanting "You deserve it!" at Cody. Wrestling is good.

Edit: HHH claims they have sold out 17 straight television tapings and last night's Raw had the highest television taping attendance of just over 20k

Cool, more money for Vince's next stock sale.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/WWE/status/1777524220240548321

8 months of training paid off, jade is no longer being held back by AEW

can they sell dusty's rolex to get chelsea green acting lessons

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I watched Wrestlemania 40 night 1 AND night 2, but I only watched the entrances, best 6 hours of my life.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mr Hootington posted:

The commercials on night 2 were bad.

WrestleMania 40 overall was good though.

See I thought Wrestlemania 40 was overall bad. Most of the matches sucked, or just felt like normal raw matches. everything takes too long. Way too many commercials. The ads all around ringside are distracting. It also felt weird that HHH was always being praised by everyone. From him closing out the show to multiple people doing pedigrees. Also there’s no reason for that show to be 2 nights. They could have cut like 3 of those matches and made the show one night.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Seth and cody have both used pedigrees before them doing so in a tag match is far from surprising.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is jade even in that clip? Its only focusing on Chelsea

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

tao of lmao posted:

Seth and cody have both used pedigrees before them doing so in a tag match is far from surprising.

It’s still very obviously them paying tribute to HHH and looks goofy as hell. Also DIY doing DX cosplay for their match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Mr Hootington posted:

:wow:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jade missed her kick lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao you all didn't mention that the crowd chanted about the Rock's fake belt

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Lmao you all didn't mention that the crowd chanted about the Rock's fake belt

I'm typing up a post. Still have an hour of the show left.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/WWE/status/1777524220240548321

8 months of training paid off, jade is no longer being held back by AEW
What if we booked someone like a special attraction only there was nobody actually interested in seeing them?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

bums me out that Ilja's gonna be just-a-guy'd on the main roster, the whole "I must continuously wrestle at 150% or a bomb in my chest will explode" routine's gonna look real weird when he's doing 5 minute jobs to a viking

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Endorph posted:

can they sell dusty's rolex to get chelsea green acting lessons

Good thing she had the performance center so that she can have exactly the same matches she had in AEW.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

ozymandius1024 posted:

Good thing she had the performance center so that she can have exactly the same matches she had in AEW.

I was laughing about all the discourse of Tony dropping the ball with her and she goes to wwe and is booked the exact same way as she was in AEW.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

HHH presents a Cody tribute video that seems like it should end with "Cody Rhodes 1985-2024".

Cody has like a 15 minute Tony Robbins cringe segment until the Rock shows up holding the new "People's Champion" belt. Again lol they made a special belt for him. Too many belts.

Crowd was mixed to The Rock, but then did some sort of mocking chant I couldn't understand. Before fully turning on with full boos and a "Rocky Sucks" chant. Then he goes to speak a number times and the crowd stops him with very loud booing. Then interrupts his actually speaking 2 times. The booing is about 3 or 4 minutes. He calls Philly and the fans trailer park trash then swears a ton at them. He mocks cody for having a dead dad. Crowd says Rock's belt is fake and that seems to actually annoy him and he starts excusing the belts existence. This segment rules. The man has extreme heat and is a great heel. His ego is going to blow all this up lol

They do some sort of staredown belt exchange because the Rock wants to look at the Universal belt. The crowd chants "this is awkward".

Rock announces he is going away for awhile and crowd chants "nah nah nah nah Goodbye" while waving goodbye. Says he will be back and will be taking out Cody whether Cody holds the belt or not.

Cody mocks Rock. Rock gives Cody a mystery item then implies none of this would have happened between them if Cody hadn't broken Rock's heart. Cody then looks shocked and angry. Segment over.

Only halfway through the show. 0 wrestling, but that segment ruled.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The_Rob posted:

I was laughing about all the discourse of Tony dropping the ball with her and she goes to wwe and is booked the exact same way as she was in AEW.

It is funny how literally nothing has changed about her.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The_Rob posted:

Not quite true. In WWE she's booked much less often.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

Not quite true. In WWE she's booked much less often.

So they have improved her presentation.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MJeff posted:

So they have improved her presentation.

Indeed. Her booking in New Japan has been flawless for this reason.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

*turning the dial that says jade cargill left and right, only getting cheers half the time*

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://t.co/jImk8IJJQ9

Joseph Montecillo's review of the Mania Night 2 main event is great.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jade's living the dream, getting paid more money to do even less work.

And now there's no expectation to get better. She can do the same match and the WWE Universe is gonna say she cooked, whereas the AEW Galaxy wanted that time used for the rest of the women's roster.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Did they actually do an Imagine Dragons video for Cody?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MJeff posted:

Did they actually do an Imagine Dragons video for Cody?

I don't think it was imagine dragons

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't think it was imagine dragons

It was

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

first hour of raw was Imagine Matches

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Jade's living the dream, getting paid more money to do even less work.

But wait, Trips said he doesn't want people with that attitude on the roster!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lethrom posted:

But wait, Trips said he doesn't want people with that attitude on the roster!

She still has to BE at every show, as long as she's not at home with her husband and daughter it's all good.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Pylons posted:

https://t.co/jImk8IJJQ9

Joseph Montecillo's review of the Mania Night 2 main event is great.
It's a solid review but it does admit it misses the point - this is what working class America wants. Cody's getting the deals, the endorsements, the raises, the suits, the metrics, the gains.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

first hour of raw was Imagine Matches

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok this Judgement Day segment with the tag team Champs Awesome Truth is funny. R-Truth just wants all of his friends to be friends. :kimchi: a 6 man match that happens between them and R-Truth says a man they can't see will be his and the miz's partner. R-truth and miz get beat up before John Cena shows up to save the day. Ends up being a fun goofball match and segment.

They then setup a Liv Morgan v Rhea fued. Idk who liv is but smashing rhea with a chair backstage was out of no where and funny.

We then get indi Hartwell v Roxanne "The Prodigy" Perez. I don't know who either of these people are. Roxanne wins. Match was mid. They Segway into Roxanne running into another wrestler and do an NXT show promo.

Next is a fatal 4 way for the #1 contender spot for the wwe world heavyweight belt. This is interrupted by a McIntyre promo where a fued between him and CMPunk and him and Priest are established.

His opponents are revealed. The first is Yeet and Drew loses his mind. Goes outside the ring and starts slamming and throwing a chair. The other 2 participants are Richocet and Bronson Reed. 2 commercial breaks during the match to miss most of it. Parts of the match we see are decent. It ends with cmpunk interfering and stopping McIntyre from doing a claymore on Yeet allowing Yeet to recover and surprise Drew. Yeet wins and has a match against priest. CMPunk has to be a heel at this point.

Overall the episode was a 7/10. Not enough wrestling, but the promo stuff was good and the fueds set up might be fun.

It was Andra Day's "Rise Up".

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Talking to a coworker this morning and he brought up that RAW started with a 45 minute promo and no matches. I jokingly said "yeah thats awesome, dont want wrestling in my wrestling show." and.... he agreed while telling me about how promos are better than wrestling, and kept talking but my brain was finally accepting that there are people who want this as a product and it's not exclusively kids under 10.

Legit couldn't make this up, it was like someone was setting me up to see if my brain would break, and it did.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

kevin nash was ahead of his time when he booked the nitro with no wrestling in the first hour

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

keithy george posted:

It's a solid review but it does admit it misses the point - this is what working class America wants. Cody's getting the deals, the endorsements, the raises, the suits, the metrics, the gains.

The working class loves to see bootlickers being rewarded. Upward mobility is still possible if you know whose shoes to shine! Or if you win the lottery.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

apophenium posted:

The working class loves to see bootlickers being rewarded. Upward mobility is still possible if you know whose shoes to shine! Or if you win the lottery.

That is why the American dream became the American nightmare. Whether intentional or not it is a very appropriate continuation of the story.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

stone cold regularly humiliated his boss. cody brought his bosses in after his biggest achievement and they hugged. this says a lot about society.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

faantastic posted:

Talking to a coworker this morning and he brought up that RAW started with a 45 minute promo and no matches. I jokingly said "yeah thats awesome, dont want wrestling in my wrestling show." and.... he agreed while telling me about how promos are better than wrestling, and kept talking but my brain was finally accepting that there are people who want this as a product and it's not exclusively kids under 10.

Legit couldn't make this up, it was like someone was setting me up to see if my brain would break, and it did.

when you find one of those people, it will color every other perception you have of them. Like someone who goes to musicals all the time and says the normal talking is the best part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

faantastic posted:

In my limited experience with my own kids, they want to see action, not promos. I've never tried to watch Raw with them because I'm trying to avoid a visit from social services but I am 100% sure they'd nope out of a 45 minute talking segment 10 minutes in, or less.