Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dango Bango posted:

Any of you goons have Lasik? Any questions I should be sure to ask or things I should be aware of that you ran into?

Ask what the sedation is like. They gave me 5mg of valium to relax me but it didn't do poo poo. You shouldn't be out, and you should be alert enough to answer questions, but not freaked out someone is cutting your eye and you are seeing everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

I like posting on cast iron pages on Facebook that I clean mine in the dishwasher.

Post it. Turn notifications off.

:sickos:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yeah, I run into a fair few folks like that hiking and backpacking, more often than not they see me and their dog responds to their call but more than a few have come right up to my guy, and sorry but my dog is super not friendly to other dogs. Usually I can scoop him up, and if not he usually just freezes up while they sniff, but there have been a couple scraps and, well, at that point oh well, I keep him on a leash for precisely that reason but I can only do so much.

She’s A Killah!!!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I am so glad I took the day off and drove a few hours to get into totality. I saw partial occlusion in 2017 and this was just... not even comparable. The birds got confused and started singing evening songs, the frogs in the pond started croaking, the stars came out instantaneously. Just a wild experience.

My wife took some sick shots too.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 9, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fifty Three posted:

I am so glad I took the day off and drove a few hours to get into totality. I saw partial occlusion in 2017 and this was just... not even comparable. The birds got confused and started singing evening songs, the frogs in the pond started croaking, the star came out jnstantenously. Just a wild experience.

My wife took some sick shots too.

That’s pretty drat cool.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Definitely worth flying out to Oklahoma and then driving halfway across the state for it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Glumslinger posted:

Definitely worth flying out to Oklahoma and then driving halfway across the state for it

drat, that’s beautiful.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jelly I live in the land of endless grey and couldn't see it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

This is incredible. Really captures the weirdness of it.

Also, sunspot!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Dango Bango posted:

Any of you goons have Lasik? Any questions I should be sure to ask or things I should be aware of that you ran into?

Got mine in 2019 & :iia:
Best :20bux: I ever spent (because my health insurance wouldn't cover it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJWSu9M4ffQ

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

It belongs in a museum!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

swickles posted:

Ask what the sedation is like. They gave me 5mg of valium to relax me but it didn't do poo poo. You shouldn't be out, and you should be alert enough to answer questions, but not freaked out someone is cutting your eye and you are seeing everything.

Sedation is just numbing eye drops

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

nah they'll give you a -pam too if you need it.

or know to ask for it

or remember that you're allergic to everything except.....whats that word.....starts with a D

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dango Bango posted:

That's the anesthesia part, so you don't feel anything. They usually give something before hand like valium, ativan, etc because you are awake, and watching them gently caress with your eyes. Its blurry and you can't really focus, but its still disconcerting as hell. If you think you can power through it, go for it. I didn't want to, but the valium didn't touch me at all (thanks red hair). The only other advice I can give is to make your surgery the last one of the day, take something that will help you sleep (run it by the doc to be sure its ok) once you get home and just sleep through the night. Its what I did and my first thought in the morning was that I must have fallen asleep with my glasses on.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Dango Bango posted:

Best choice I ever made medically. Seconding the sedation - I got 2mg lorazepam and it didn't do poo poo.

Also there will be a smell. They didn't warn me of that so I'm warning you.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Thanks for all the advice. Their videos and docs were pretty informative so the only new stuff here is the sedation stuff - that never came up. I'll ask about it.

Also, my surgery is scheduled for 1pm on a Friday. Guessing I should try to change that? Because I will not be able to sleep at all. And I have no idea what to take for a sleep aid.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dango Bango posted:

Thanks for all the advice. Their videos and docs were pretty informative so the only new stuff here is the sedation stuff - that never came up. I'll ask about it.

Also, my surgery is scheduled for 1pm on a Friday. Guessing I should try to change that? Because I will not be able to sleep at all. And I have no idea what to take for a sleep aid.

Bourbon

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

crazy how the sun and moon's the same size, proof of god I think.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I've been waiting all day for this!

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

where's the ring

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Can't believe the sun didn't give the moon a ring.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Assholes with their dogs off leash. Took the kids and Isla out around the neighborhood. Dog’s owner is on his bike and his dog comes running up to us. Think Isla reacted just cause the kids were behind us, put myself between them before they could really get a grip on each other. Had to knee the other dog to break em up. Luckily the other owner was able to call his dog back and block it with his bike. Like sure your dog is fine but don’t assume my dog is going to be friendly. Glad Islas a bigger dog at 90lb and can defend herself pretty well if needed

Dude I hate this poo poo SO MUCH. “Oh my dog is super friendly don’t worry!!!” Yeah I wish my own dog wasn’t a loving rear end in a top hat but she is. I keep her on a leash and away from everyone. But she’s gotta go outside and if your dumbass dog is charging me and my kids on a walk in the neighborhood she isn’t going to react well. There’s a leash law for a reason. I’m not trying to have my kids witness a murder please keep your animal under control same as I am doing for mine

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I feel bad sometimes that I’m a lovely owner cause she is super wary of other dogs, but I live very close to the wilderness. We have packs of coyotes daily that can jump our fence and occasional Mountain Lions and Black Bears. But like today lovely owners who have their own dogs who are off leash, those same dogs are raised to deal with the same wild animals ours has too

The one rule for the kids is, they can’t play in the yard unless Isla is with you

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 9, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Dude I hate this poo poo SO MUCH. “Oh my dog is super friendly don’t worry!!!” Yeah I wish my own dog wasn’t a loving rear end in a top hat but she is. I keep her on a leash and away from everyone. But she’s gotta go outside and if your dumbass dog is charging me and my kids on a walk in the neighborhood she isn’t going to react well. There’s a leash law for a reason. I’m not trying to have my kids witness a murder please keep your animal under control same as I am doing for mine

She’s also a Lab Grayhound so she loves to hunt, smaller dogs just play out the gate, full speed runs and barks, bigger dogs she goes complete stealth one quiet step at a time until they reach the end fence then nonstop call barks. The scary ones are encounters with sheep dogs or border collies. Never seen a more intense stare down. Like Hunter trying to read Hunter

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

People are too dumb to realise their dog will behave differently in a different environment. The number of dogs I've had try to go me on an afternoon run or walk. I don't blame the dog, because it's just protecting their pack, but I don't want to boot your dog in the ribs to avoid a bite - still will. Put it on a leash ya dickhead.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

People are too dumb to realise their dog will behave differently in a different environment. The number of dogs I've had try to go me on an afternoon run or walk. I don't blame the dog, because it's just protecting their pack, but I don't want to boot your dog in the ribs to avoid a bite - still will. Put it on a leash ya dickhead.

What I’m saying, you’re dog maybe cool, but my dog has been raised to protect,she’s sweet to us but we’re in a bad area so I want her to have that edge, we have a 4 foot fence and Yotes can jump 6 feet.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 9, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Anyway, she’s a good girl who did her job, now gotta deal with this useless lump

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Weightlifting chat because the IWF are going on and they’ve been loving awesome.

She’s been lifting for like three years.

Strong example for why it’s called weight lifting and not weight technique-ing

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5ipZLJyMid/?igsh=MTJxMndubmdzcXd0bg==

T-Square
May 14, 2009

It appears the iOS BBCode shortcut is borked, SB confirm or deny?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I really enjoyed the final season and finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm. watched the finale last night. brilliant TV series.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My kids were listening to some insane song that samples the Beverly Hills Cop theme so now the canonical version has to be stuck in your head too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTMNPiaO2I

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Weightlifting chat because the IWF are going on and they’ve been loving awesome.

She’s been lifting for like three years.

Strong example for why it’s called weight lifting and not weight technique-ing

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5ipZLJyMid/?igsh=MTJxMndubmdzcXd0bg==

This is funny timing because I was gonna poll the thread about dropping deadlifts from the top of the lift. One guy on my right was doing that with 335 while the guy on my left was quietly pulling 315.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I feel like I'll be cheating but I may just give in and grab a set of wrist straps to help with my deadlifts. I top off at 265 mainly because my grip gives out at anything higher.

I know the wrist straps will help and the exercise is ultimately about my legs & not about my grip… but my dumb brain says "improve your grip strength, scrub."

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Weight lifting chat got me feeling

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

This is funny timing because I was gonna poll the thread about dropping deadlifts from the top of the lift. One guy on my right was doing that with 335 while the guy on my left was quietly pulling 315.

On a max lift or if something feels wrongs it’s totally acceptable.

Bouncer plates it’s fine….but weightlifting is about control as well as power.

Just slamming low weight with iron plates is a good way to get me to deadlift shame someone.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Our condo is directly beneath the gym in our building and there's one rear end in a top hat that consistently drops weights. Fortunately it's a concrete building (former cold storage warehouse), so it's not too too loud, but it's really obnoxious.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My new(ish) gym is 3 stories and the 2nd floor has all the weightlifting stuff. I feel bad for the folks on the 1st floor but it's the pool.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This Shogun show is dimly lit and low contrast.

Half the scenes feel like they were produced by the same team that did the zombie winterfell episode.

Hard to see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This Shogun show is dimly lit and low contrast.

Half the scenes feel like they were produced by the same team that did the zombie winterfell episode.

Hard to see!

They made some really weird choices. Most of it appears to be shot with some kind of anamorphic lens and a vignette style around the edges with blurring. And that's on top of the really strong film grain effect over everything. I don't understand why. The production values on this show are incredible but it looks like total poo poo. It objectively looks worse in 4K than 1080 due to all the film grain.