Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I have a feeling that Childe was a very experimental kit that didn't quite land properly. If the UI properly showed cooldowns and such for party members it might have been a bit more comfortable but oh well. At least he's actually good at his job despite it unlike other experiments like Dehya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the newest event lets you pet cats

at the end you get a serenitea pot item that lets you play the minigame again without rewards

kitties :3:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
There are few more satisfying things in the overworld than grouping and igniting a bunch of enemies around a campfire with Kazuha and then vaping Childe's Burst on the whole stack.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They've made tortuga 2 or 3 different artifact sets at this point, and none of them actually fix the scaling cooldown problem with his elemental skill that makes him annoying to play.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

sushibandit posted:

They've made tortuga 2 or 3 different artifact sets at this point, and none of them actually fix the scaling cooldown problem with his elemental skill that makes him annoying to play.

In a team built for it you can manage the cooldown or you can just use XQ/Yelan and get it all handled off-field. I did fine with him back in the day when there was only one XQ but he's been bench fodder forever.

His SQ is memorable to me because it's the last one I can remember (it might actually be Itto... it's been a while) where the quest was actually about him.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think Nilou's quest was the worst of that. What did we learn about Nilou from her quest? Absolute diddley.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I think Nilou's quest was the worst of that. What did we learn about Nilou from her quest? Absolute diddley.
She was real important in the archon quest, then she was real important in her story quest and you're right. I can't tell you anything about her other than just being a dancer that locals in Sumeru really like.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

She's just a nice lady

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My brain has forever associated her with that i Like to Dance song by Flynt Flossy

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nilou? You mean Sumeru Ayaka?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

They had the perfect template in Footloose too. Really missed opportunity. Nilou should've been Sumeru Kevin Bacon.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nilou has Red Hair so epic

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Nilous got an idle where she pulls out a little cake and then eats it and it's very yummy. This is her personality and when I'm playing Nilou teams this is my personality too

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She kind of eats Cyno's signature dish during her idle. I say kind of because hers doesnt have the millennium eye on it but it's triangular which is more like his than the default Tahchin.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Bumping for bizarrely hard web event: https://act.hoyolab.com/ys/event/e2...utm_medium=post

No in-game prizes, just a flash platformer if you're interested.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Now I just want a Genshin version of Hollow Knight

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I loved how the buildup to meeting Arlechino made her out to be a scheming backstabbing nightmare and she's actually one of the most straightforward and helpful you meet in the game's main story.

Straight up tells the Traveler she once attacked Furina like Signora did to Venti. I expect the other Fatui hate her because actually does her job competently.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 10, 2024

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I expect the other Fatui hate her because actually does her job competently.
Or because she seems to care more about Fontaine than Snezhnaya: she tells the Traveler that her priorities are the prophecy first and the Gnosis second (although she gets both anyway, for reasons that have relatively little to do with her House's actions).

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 10, 2024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

4.6 livestream this Friday

would be neat if the banners were just straight up House of the Hearth (Arlecchino/Lyney, with Lynette and Freminet as 4*). They have Arle and Lyney hosting so....

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Shinji2015 posted:

like a gacha with bugs or a genshin impact metroidvania

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

like a gacha with bugs or a genshin impact metroidvania

A Metriodvania.

Honestly, I'd like to see Hoyo start doing what Cygames is doing with Granblue and start putting out non-gacha games. It'll probably never happen, but a Genshin RPG or a Honkai FG could be fun as hell

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Is 4.6 going to expand the map?

If not, when is the next major map expansion? (Natlan when?)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

there's at least one more fontaine region due out (they still haven't unlocked the last tier of the drat fountain)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Rabbit Hill posted:

Is 4.6 going to expand the map?

If not, when is the next major map expansion? (Natlan when?)

There's a huge hole on the map between Fontaine/Sumeru/Liyue that's supposed to get filled out, one half next patch and the other in 4.8 (possibly). It's mostly underwater stuff by the looks of it.

And yeah you should be able to complete the fountain in 4.6 along with getting more hydroculi.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Awesome, I love Fontaine's underwater stuff. (Literally the only underwater region of any game I actually enjoy. It's like a healing balm after the torture of Subnautica.)

E: Subnautica literally triggered a thalassophobia panic attack (while exploring the underwater scaffolding of the crashed spaceship, of all places). Like, my chest got tight and I couldn't breathe and everything. Maybe I drowned in a past life, idk.

Anyway, underwater Fontaine is lovely and chill and has never once made me feel like I was dying, so A+++ will explore again.

Best exploration team is the Varsity Swim Team:

Neuvillette: +15% underwater sprint speed
Freminet: -35% underwater sprint stamina consumption
Furina: -30% cooldown time on underwater weapons
Lynette: shows recovery fish on map

Rabbit Hill fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 10, 2024

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
every even patch after the archon region quest is a new area, X.8 is always a temp area for summer.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

Bumping for bizarrely hard web event: https://act.hoyolab.com/ys/event/e2...utm_medium=post

No in-game prizes, just a flash platformer if you're interested.

I am physically incapable of doing this with keyboard controls 😔

My honor...

Stare-Out posted:

There's a huge hole on the map between Fontaine/Sumeru/Liyue that's supposed to get filled out, one half next patch and the other in 4.8 (possibly). It's mostly underwater stuff by the looks of it.

And yeah you should be able to complete the fountain in 4.6 along with getting more hydroculi.

Allegedly the main fontaine map will be totally complete in 4.6 and any additional expension will be a chenyu vale type situation. Kinda hard to believe but we're pretty much done with fontaine, and natlan is coming in just a few months :eyepop:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

My honor...

Allegedly the main fontaine map will be totally complete in 4.6 and any additional expension will be a chenyu vale type situation. Kinda hard to believe but we're pretty much done with fontaine, and natlan is coming in just a few months :eyepop:

I'm the same with the Windblume/OSU! events, I cannot do them with keyboard controls, I have to do it on the phone lol

And yeah, I mean we're done with Fontaine for now but we still have all of Mont Esus proper unexplored which will DEFINITELY release in some sort of Chenyu Vale/Chasm-type expansion eventually.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
4.8 is coming in late July, right?

(I swear I once saw a calendar of dates for all the 2024 patches with brief content descriptions, but ofc google turns up nothing now.)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

More underwater please. It was magical to explore whilst stoned out of my mind

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

My honor...

Okay admittedly I heard about the upcoming new area a few months ago and back then they said it would come in two parts but I do know it's going to be mostly underwater which is good because this game has the best underwater gameplay of almost any game. Makes sense that there would be an event area in 4.8 then as mentioned above.

Honestly I'd be okay if they delayed Natlan or Sheznaya in favor of all water areas being diveable and explorable, especially the massive unused ocean leading down to Inazuma. I mean it would make lore sense since we now know how to dive freely and all.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Shinji2015 posted:

Hollow Honorary Knight

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Underwater areas in Fontaine were neat, but I don't want more of them or anything similar except in very limited areas moving forward. Mainly because it completely throws your team setup out the window. All that matters is clvl and whether there's a character on the team with a swimming-related passive.

That's not very fun for extended periods of time, since teambuilding and the elemental reaction system is a major part of the game's appeal.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

Okay admittedly I heard about the upcoming new area a few months ago and back then they said it would come in two parts but I do know it's going to be mostly underwater which is good because this game has the best underwater gameplay of almost any game. Makes sense that there would be an event area in 4.8 then as mentioned above.

Honestly I'd be okay if they delayed Natlan or Sheznaya in favor of all water areas being diveable and explorable, especially the massive unused ocean leading down to Inazuma. I mean it would make lore sense since we now know how to dive freely and all.

I'm pretty sure lore-wise we don't know how to dive, we have a special Fontaine only blessing from the Statue Of Seven.

That said, diving in Inazuma could be so cool. Alternate entrances to more Enkanomiya :swoon:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Captain France posted:

I'm pretty sure lore-wise we don't know how to dive, we have a special Fontaine only blessing from the Statue Of Seven.

That said, diving in Inazuma could be so cool. Alternate entrances to more Enkanomiya :swoon:

Yeah but they could fudge it so we can suddenly dive anywhere. My point being, they have this whole game mechanic and by the looks of it it's only going to be limited to one region which makes no sense but of course they'll do it because they never gave us a way to explore Dragonspine without freezing to death as a deterrent.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

Stare-Out posted:

Huuuuge agree Fontaine swimming is the best, I want it everywhere!!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i don't need what would functionally be entire new regions added to every existing nation, but the blue swimming fatigue bar should be universal

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i don't need what would functionally be entire new regions added to every existing nation, but the blue swimming fatigue bar should be universal

this, I dont care if they dont flesh out every body of water, just allows us to swim freely from now on

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Meowywitch posted:

how do you feel about the sheer cold/balethunder mechanics, but everything is red tinged instead

because that's my best (horrible) guess for natlan. kinda surprised they've managed to keep that poo poo locked down this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

librarerun posted:

how do you feel about the sheer cold/balethunder mechanics, but everything is red tinged instead

because that's my best (horrible) guess for natlan. kinda surprised they've managed to keep that poo poo locked down this time.

I'm the weirdo that loved sheer cold and balethunder and I wish I could turn balethunder back on permanently.