Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
In a fit of madness some thirteen years ago, I married an American, and whilst they are definitely capable of culinary abominations, occasionally they produce a banger: grilled cheese sandwiches are superior to toasties in every way. I will, however, concede that a toastie machine is vital if you want beans in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Torquemada posted:

In a fit of madness some thirteen years ago, I married an American, and whilst they are definitely capable of culinary abominations, occasionally they produce a banger: grilled cheese sandwiches are superior to toasties in every way. I will, however, concede that a toastie machine is vital if you want beans in.

:hai:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Torquemada posted:

Poor life decisions itt

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Tell me your recipes. I want to make a good grilled cheese sandwiches

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Torquemada posted:

grilled cheese sandwiches are superior to toasties in every way.

everyone get a load of this idiot

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Torquemada posted:

a toastie machine is vital if you want beans in.

I will never want this

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
You'll eat the beans

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Grilled cheese sandwiches may be nicer than toasties, but they're not as nice as cheese on toast/rarebit.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

oh no computer posted:

Grilled cheese sandwiches may be nicer than toasties, but they're not as nice as cheese on toast/rarebit.

Yeah.

The best part is when cheese gets a bit crispy. With a toastie you're only getting the crispy edges, with a grilled cheese you get basically none, but cheese on toast it can all be nicely browned

:yum:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

oh no computer posted:

I will concede this point, although for some reason I want rarebit less often.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

When folks extolling the virtues of grilled cheese, are they speaking of one with actual cheese? Or one with what Americans call cheese?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I'm pretty sure every avatar change I've been bought on these forums was from arguing with Americans about food and the first was definitely about toasties/grilled cheeses.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

When folks extolling the virtues of grilled cheese, are they speaking of one with actual cheese? Or one with what Americans call cheese?

Baka

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cheese

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

if you want beans in what

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'm pretty sure every avatar change I've been bought on these forums was from arguing with Americans about food and the first was definitely about toasties/grilled cheeses.

I don’t blame you, look at this vile propaganda they are putting out:

https://www.wisconsincheese.com/about-cheese/cheddar

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I;m Thinking About Thos Beans

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
How do Americans make a grilled anything sandwich when they can't do bread?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
At a Giovanni Panice show for missus birthday, at the intermission and not had to bust out emergency podcast earphones, fun so far

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is this a strictly come dancing thing?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Starbucks posted:

Wrrrrr

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Is this a strictly come dancing thing?

Not directly affiliated but we all know why these grey haired ladies are here

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Cheddar DOP

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i told feedmegin america had the best cheddar but he wouldnt believe me

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Bobby Deluxe posted:

if you want beans in what

If you've never had a baked bean toastie, brother, you're missing out.

(clarifications: a toastie is made in a sandwich press that seals the edges of the bread together to contain the nuclear hot filling. a grilled cheese sandwich is a cheese sandwich fried in butter. American cheese is good for the things it's good for, but is not what any civilised country recognises as cheese.)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Starbucks posted:

I've decided to join al-qaeda after reading this poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cheddar needs the cold dampness of a somerset cave and the aroma of caveman bones to set it apart from its pale imitations

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gorge respecters itt

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Puntification posted:

I've decided to join al-qaeda after reading this poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

El-queso

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

NotJustANumber99 posted:

How do Americans make a grilled anything sandwich when they can't do bread?

Don’t make me post the Gordon Ramsay grilled cheese video

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nobody's making you do anything. settle down

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Toxic Mental posted:

Don’t make me post the Gordon Ramsay grilled cheese video

Do not post the Gordon Ramsay grilled cheese video. This is a nice thread and there's no place for such violence.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Took the Mrs out for a late night coffee and slice of cake tonight as we fancied a bit of a walk.

We just started playing some dumb mobile game that requires you to walk a bit like Pokémon Go and 2 little cunts nicked my Mrs phone out of her hand in the way back. Tried the chase the little bastards and twisted my ankle in the process.

I've seen the same 2 jack other people's phones in Olympic park before now too, if I see them again I'm curb stomp the little bastards. Don't really care about the device, it's the loving principle. Get a job like every other fucker has to.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

got a new second hand phone. needs unlocking though, any ideas?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Took the Mrs out for a late night coffee and slice of cake tonight as we fancied a bit of a walk.

We just started playing some dumb mobile game that requires you to walk a bit like Pokémon Go and 2 little cunts nicked my Mrs phone out of her hand in the way back. Tried the chase the little bastards and twisted my ankle in the process.

I've seen the same 2 jack other people's phones in Olympic park before now too, if I see them again I'm curb stomp the little bastards. Don't really care about the device, it's the loving principle. Get a job like every other fucker has to.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
calm down cleanshirt :)

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

It's pretty accurate tbh.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Saw them nick someone else's phone about 75 yards in front of us too and the woman fell over, face first chasing after them.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
muggers eh? what is it all aboot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A grilled cheese fries better in the pan with mayo on the outside of the bread. The oil in mayonnaise makes it crisp nicer than butter does.