Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

i didn't expect it, but bungie may have actually spent this time cookin

may actually preorder TFS now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
-The new subclass is "prismatic", and lets you use two elements at once. Which two depend on your class

-The new faction is the Dread, a group of Witness-themed enemies which can use strand and stasis at you

-Exotic class items, which drop with the perks of 2 other exotic armors chosen at random

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat you bungo, you got me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
You nerds were going to buy it anyway, don't front

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Good stream, Avatar state looks amazing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Spanish Manlove posted:

:colbert:

Besides the point.

Yeah :smith:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is gonna revolutionize the way we play Control on Bannerfall & complete Arms Dealer nightfalls

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I was gonna buy it anyway, but now I have reasons. Like Arc/Strand Warlock.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

haveblue posted:

-The new subclass is "prismatic", and lets you use two elements at once. Which two depend on your class

-The new faction is the Dread, a group of Witness-themed enemies which can use strand and stasis at you

-Exotic class items, which drop with the perks of 2 other exotic armors chosen at random

Was it just two elements? I thought I saw 3 different colours on the bar at the start.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I kind of hate the idea of random rolling the exotics especially if the choices are large enough. That said this whole thing kind of got me more hyped than I thought it would.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

ullerrm posted:

i didn't expect it, but bungie may have actually spent this time cookin

may actually preorder TFS now!

Destiny 2 Into the Light: Bungie may have actually spent this time cooking

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Oxyclean posted:

Was it just two elements? I thought I saw 3 different colours on the bar at the start.

I think you get to assign any element to any ability slot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I still won’t buy what’s essentially the end of the game and company but I’m glad they’re going all out and making it a fun experience.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Man there's gonna be some super cool build combinations people will think up that I can't wait to steal from YouTube

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Nah. Not until long after launch with huge discounts anyway. It looked really mid. Now I know they're actually serious about delivering an actual ending expansion.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxyclean posted:

I'll have to go back and check, that's based on remembering the brief segment where they listed off a number of class/subclass pair combinations

Someone will probably post detailed and more accurate notes on Reddit soon, or there will be real press coverage with official info

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The guy was very adamant that this is not The End of destiny and destiny 2 but he can't tell you what he means until after you buy the Final Shape

The Episodes seem like they're on the backburner though. Been a minute since we heard anything on those!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Episodes are how they finish funding Marathon.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Looks like the set prismatic abilities are locked to each class but you can mix and match all the subclasses for base abilities.

I have been down on Destiny for a while but this was pretty hype.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

haveblue posted:

I'll have to go back and check, that's based on remembering the brief segment where they listed off a number of class/subclass pair combinations

Someone will probably post detailed and more accurate notes on Reddit soon, or there will be real press coverage with official info

Hunters get solar/stasis
Titans get arc/strand
Warlocks get void/stasis

You can fill your meter using dark or light weapon damage, that’s probably the three elements you saw.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The guy was very adamant that this is not The End of destiny and destiny 2 but he can't tell you what he means until after you buy the Final Shape

The Episodes seem like they're on the backburner though. Been a minute since we heard anything on those!

Did they talk much about Lightfalls' seasons before it was out?

Doesn't seem like there's much reason to talk about them yet.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Did they talk much about Lightfalls' seasons before it was out?

Doesn't seem like there's much reason to talk about them yet.

Frankly the biggest thing suppressing TFS Hype is the concern that it's the end of the game. There has never been a more important time to talk about them!

The best thing they did to hype up Beyond Light was to announce Witch Queen and Lightfall at the same time

But to answer your question, yes, they usually confirm the existence of & content within the year's Seasons once there's a Deluxe Edition to pre-order. I know Episodes are the replacement to Seasons now that they are shifting into a different gear for this chapter of Destiny 2, so it's reasonable that the marketing is taking a different approach

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We already know how the episodes are going to work, they broke down the new schedule structure when they first revealed them

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

This is like one of those AI-generated rooms that looks reasonable at first until someone tells you "name one single item in this room"

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Episodes are how they finish funding Marathon.

Marathon is supposed to be out next year

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Looks kinda mid ngl

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
hell yeah bungie's game is MID

Marathon
Isn't
Destined for eventual release lol

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Hunters get solar/stasis
Titans get arc/strand
Warlocks get void/stasis

You can fill your meter using dark or light weapon damage, that’s probably the three elements you saw.

They showed a specific part where warlock was using bleak watcher and arcane needle?
And titan was using consecration with suspension?

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
Didn’t a bunch of streamers tell bungie that it was bad? It has zero appeal to me but I can see why they would try but making it a hero shooter seems even weirder but I’m no game dev.

I also still have zero faith in the episodes, in my mind, this is just destiny going out with a bang.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lord Packinham posted:

Didn’t a bunch of streamers tell bungie that it was bad?

They were Tarkov streamers, so I'm inclined to believe the opposite is true for people who aren't Tarkov streamers

I agree that the concept doesn't sound very appealing right now, but I'm trying to hold out at least until they show gameplay

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

Paracausal posted:

They showed a specific part where warlock was using bleak watcher and arcane needle?
And titan was using consecration with suspension?

When you activate transcendence, you get new prismatic abilities, like the stasis/solar grenade, that are themed as the guy you quoted. When you aren’t transcended, you get to mix and match the regular subclass abilities.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There is absolutely no reason to believe that a group of Tarkov Players were invited to watch gameplay footage of Marathon, IMHO

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Hunters get solar/stasis
Titans get arc/strand
Warlocks get void/stasis
Interesting reversal of D1's initial 'warlocks don't get arc, titans don't get solar and hunters don't get void' situation. So every class gets a bonus superclass?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Presumably the other elemental combinations are gonna be part of future releases.

Also the new exotic class items are only active while you're running Prismatic

"You have to use the most powerful subclass in order to use the most powerful exotic", is not the hardest pill to swallow! I just wonder why you would ever consider running an OG subclass & exotic?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm still not sure the bit about each class getting 2 elements for prism is right, reddit notes mention:

quote:

You can combine subclass powers together. Warlock can wield Void and Stasis together for example

Strand, Arc and Stasis Hunter shown

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just wonder why you would ever consider running an OG subclass & exotic?
Because the season/episode teams weren't told about this in time, so the launch seasonal/episodic artifact and exotic are going to require void.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
The set stuff is only when you go super saiyan as the prismatic subclass.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Because the season/episode teams weren't told about this in time, so the launch seasonal/episodic artifact and exotic are going to require void.

I am a bit curious about that! Prism was supposed to be a feature of the assumed-canceled/repurposed D3, and quite literally the extra few months was so they could get it out for TFS instead. Hopefully that means it can be integrated nice and elegantly?

I wonder what would be preferred by more people, anyway. A Destiny 3 SKU with shiny new 0/600 vault? Or if they just support Destiny 2 with another ~two years of content that was originally planned as D3?

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Spanish Manlove posted:

I wasn't, actually. I still probably won't, but we'll see what else they show of it.

(It's mostly because I have no money)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Written recap:
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/d2_intothelight_tfs_recap