Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How in all the fucks could you play Scrooge "silly"? How would that work exactly? Who would ever watch it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How in all the fucks could you play Scrooge "silly"? How would that work exactly? Who would ever watch it?
Bill Murray pulled it off?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy4Dam02XSE

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FFT posted:

Bill Murray pulled it off?

Obviously I haven't seent it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I guess you could never wear pants, go swimming in a giant coin pit, have a beak, etc

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Tree Bucket posted:

I guess you could never wear pants, go swimming in a giant coin pit, have a beak, etc

No one would ever watch this. Just terrible ideas

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Tim Curry would pull this off.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mauser posted:

No one would ever watch this. Just terrible ideas

Aw man. I really thought I was onto something here. Life is like a hurricane, sometimes

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

Tim Curry would pull this off.

Tim Curry pulled me off???

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Biplane posted:

Tim Curry pulled me off???

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Empty Sandwich posted:

my favorite Lasagna Cat is the one where they do a shot-for-shot remake of the scene from Miami Vice where they used that song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_NeqMAAsBk

the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMCzRj3Syg

From forever ago but catching up on the thread and needed to say that, genuinely, the Lasagna Cat Miami Vice is my favorite video in the entire history of the Internet.

E; Thingus are another fave, thread popped off while I was busy killing griffins, dragons, dogmas related thereto

Ms Adequate has a new favorite as of 10:17 on Apr 9, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nebrilos posted:

Salvation through faith alone. No need to do any works, huh? I'm really baffled by Christians that believe fervently that the christ will save them, but also that they don't have to do any of the things he told them to do.

I think that's people getting a bit lost along the path of "god isn't a slot machine where you put works in and get salvation out" and landing at "if you just believe you're deffo saved" which is still transactional and thus wrong.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jamesman posted:

And it kicked rear end.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Bah, Humbug! but it's said like Bazinga! every time.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Dabir posted:

It's often said that Michael Caine was great because he treated the Muppets like fellow actors, and Tim Curry was great because he treated himself like a fellow Muppet

I like that

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Ms Adequate posted:

… thread popped off while I was busy killing griffins, dragons, dogmas related thereto

drat, where did you watch the eclipse??

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

I think that's people getting a bit lost along the path of "god isn't a slot machine where you put works in and get salvation out" and landing at "if you just believe you're deffo saved" which is still transactional and thus wrong.

I’ve never heard “transactional” in the context of the relationship with God - I like that analysis, ty

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The right relationship with god is a constant argument.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Israel means one who wrestles with God. Make of this what you will.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Israel means one who wrestles with God. Make of this what you will.

Yeah, but it's not a metaphor.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Like WWE style? AEW? RoH?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

Like WWE style? AEW? RoH?

The Bible is vague about the details, but this is the kind of stuff that should turn into a schism. Also the Greco Roman wrestling God it's obviously gay

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
But is it as gay as Yağlı güreş
(Turkish oil wrestling)
?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Tree Bucket posted:

Life is like a hurricane, sometimes
I with ya, sometimes it's a duck-blur

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lol stop hitting yourself, quoth the Angel. But the man found that he could not, for the Angel was hitting him with his own arms.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I like that you can beat god in a fight until he cheats and uses magic

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Spring at last!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4lQCj8y84&t=4s

20 000 German war elephants on the Polish NATO border in the war against Russia
Poland, 2026, colourised

(in about a month or so nobody will know what this is about)

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Jokes on you it's been less than half an hour since your post and I have no idea what that meme is about.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

There is a specter haunting C-SPAM,

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Government Handjob posted:

Jokes on you it's been less than half an hour since your post and I have no idea what that meme is about.

https://www.dw.com/en/botswana-vows-to-send-20000-elephants-to-berlin-in-hunting-row/video-68735122

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Lobok posted:

Bah, Humbug! but it's said like Bazinga! every time.

You know what, how do you say Bazinga? I've seen a few episodes of Bing Bong Theory (against my will!) but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that word out loud.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Scrooge is visited by four ghosts, though. Or five, in the Muppet version.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Gargamel Gibson posted:

You know what, how do you say Bazinga? I've seen a few episodes of Bing Bong Theory (against my will!) but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that word out loud.
"Bazinga"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.